Automotive Marketing Consultants Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
David Stokols

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "You Get What You Put In"

I have been working at Automotive Marketing Consultants Inc full-time

Pros

If you work in the office: constantly stocked coffee and tea stations, snacks, and often there are free breakfast and lunch items provided. Another plus: Friday afternoon employee socials to end the workweek.

If you work in positions outside of the office: frequent travel is a plus. These might be seasonal or event-based jobs, but many people are able to make a good living. If you are eager to learn about the products, enjoy working as a team, and have an outgoing personality you can do well.

Unlike other companies I have worked for, AMCI does strive to be more inclusive and respectful of employees' personal lives, especially with big events like having a baby, time needed off for family, etc. It's an open concept office layout which reflects the company's personality. Upper management isn't hidden away in offices.
      Everyone is approachable. Input and opinions are valued. Many employees have been there for 10+ years, which is a good reflection of the company.

As a female who frequently works with different departments I can say that I don't see the "Boys' Club" mentality that another review or two have mentioned. There are many females in various managerial positions and decision-making roles. Hard work is definitely rewarded. Pay increases are not few and far between and pay is competitive to other similar companies. (Refer back to note about about many 10+ year employees.) I have been happy to see many employees work their way up within the company during my time there. I have also seen a few employees leave to join other companies only to return to AMCI, so they must be doing something right.

As another review mentioned: it's truly a Monday-Friday out by 5pm job in most cases. There can times where you might be working outside of those usual office hours, but they are few and far between. (It's a really family-friendly work environment compared to other companies that I have worked for.)

Cons

One of the only things I can think of: if you work in the office, the commute can be a drag--but that's more Los Angeles' fault and not the company's.

Depending on the job, it might not be steady Monday-Friday full-time hours, but you know that going in and can plan accordingly. Plus, business seems to be always growing, so the likelihood of being able to make a good living is there.

Advice to Management

Continue respecting that employees are balancing work and family life. (Many companies don't.) Maybe reiterate that Upper Management is eager to listen to employee concerns since some of the reviewers seem to forget that or don't take advantage of it.

"Great if you love to travel, too much favoritism"

Former Employee - Equipment Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Equipment Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Automotive Marketing Consultants Inc part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amci is great for someone who loves to travel and drive nice cars.

Cons

Worked for them for a few years a right seater and equipment manager. I worked hard, didn't always hang with the crew. I soon realized I was either picked for just driving the equipment truck only or not called at while the less hard workers who were friends of friends or the life of party were chosen. It's about who you know, not your blood and sweat.

Advice to Management

Management, don't hire crew based on who they know, how they look and how much someone grabs a brew with the crew leads, otherwise your left with plastic toy Soldiers. Hire hard workers who want grow with you.

3. "Management Plays Favorites, Hopefully You Are On the Right Side"

I worked at Automotive Marketing Consultants Inc full-time

Pros

Many of my co-workers were outstanding people. I found that AMCI was able to hire some of the best in the business.

Cons

Management was obviously more interested in certain people, to the detriment of everyone else. If you weren't one of the favorites, you had to struggle to get your work done, and to be respected. Lack of respect was my biggest complaint. Also, raises are non-existent. I had a co-worker there for four years who never had a raise because his "job scope" didn't change.

Advice to Management

Make everyone feel equally good about being an employee there. Christmas parties are nice and allow for one-day of togetherness, but reality sets back in the very next day.

4. "Customer Service"

I have been working at Automotive Marketing Consultants Inc full-time

Pros

Benefits, Kind Work Environment, heavily managed

Cons

Growth Opportunity, Deceptive vs realistic expectations, Pay

"Logistics Team, P.E.C."

Former Employee - Automotive Logistics in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Automotive Logistics in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Automotive Marketing Consultants Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great insurance, great group of people who work "In the trenches".

Cons

Middle management attempts to lead from behind, with bullying and arrogance. A.M.C.I.'s contract with the customer was underbid in order to get the job. Consequently, with a three-year contract, all employees are told there can be no raises until a new contract is negotiated.
    LOTS of talk about how "we" are all a great team. Condescension from above negates any real feeling of corporate team.
    NO "perks".
    Work your butt off and you will only be appreciated if you are a suck-up.

Advice to Management

With all the talk of "team", try actually listening to the rank and file.

"Porsche Experience Center"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Automotive Marketing Consultants Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great building, hands on experience with world sports car brand, 10 days paid vacation and 5 days PTO. 9 holidays throughout the year,

Cons

Salary did not change even though we met on 110% our financial goals. Very scarce opportunities for growing in the company. Did not seemed to appreciate the job done by employees. Management was missing a lot of the times.

Advice to Management

Employees stay with companies that pay well, appreciate them, challenge them and promote/rewards them. Management can make or break a team. In my case working for the company there was no such thing as a team, it was everyone on its own.

7. "Product Specialist"

Pros

Company expects a lot of you, but they compensate you accordingly. It's tough work, but very rewarding.

Cons

Working outdoor events in the heat. Summer's in the east coast can be pretty brutal.

"Production"

Pros

Free coffee, that's about all.

Cons

Unstable employment. Too many friends helping friends get in, that don't know what they are doing. Very clique-y.

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Automotive Marketing Consultants Inc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Team of professionals, Executive leadership

Cons

no comment, only automotive focused

Advice to Management

protect the talent

10. "Account Mgmt"

I have been working at Automotive Marketing Consultants Inc full-time

Pros

Strong leadership devoted to seamless execution, we know our client's brands better than our clients.

Cons

Satellite offices are tough, hours are long.