73% would recommend to a friend
(466 total reviews)
80% approve of CEO
Found 466 of over 497 reviews
Updated Oct 14, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are great." (in 77 reviews)
- "Great people to work with" (in 33 reviews)
- "Pay was good but they always find a way to cut it" (in 29 reviews)
- "A great work life balance" (in 22 reviews)
- "Ability to work from home, good base pay and benefits, some of the people were really nice, industry leading company that was profitable and growing." (in 22 reviews)
- "Illinois Region has poor management" (in 35 reviews)
- "ATC is burdened with too many managers." (in 20 reviews)
- "Employees are too scared of upper management (even with their 'Open Door' policy and Management's 'chants' of TTT) to give their opinons on what everyone really thinks, therefore, no changes will be made." (in 15 reviews)
- "Poor leadership of cross functional activities" (in 13 reviews)
- "loss of communication through the different departments" (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Autotrader and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Sep 4, 2022Territory Sales ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLos Angeles, CA
Competitive space in the auto industry but company treats employees well with comp and benefits. Great work life balance
Saturated product to sell to clients.
- 4.0Oct 14, 2023CommunicationsFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsAtlanta, GA
Inclusive culture that promotes creativity and rewards contributions fairly
Working in a large company, you can get lost in the pack if you don’t look for ways to network and join projects across departments
- 2.0Sep 19, 2023SalesFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsRaleigh, NC
Relationships with customers can’t be beat.
Management has favorites and it’s clear when you’re not it.
- 2.0Nov 17, 2022Inside Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Great benefits, company perks, discounts, community outreach, and reasonable pay.
No upward promotion unless you're connected with the right colleagues, annual pay plan changes, and the company lacks diversity. Changes are made without considering the employees scope of work.1
- 4.0Sep 30, 2022Customer Service SupervisorCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
If you love vehicles and helping people, this is a fun place to work.
Customers can be demanding so knowing how to de-escalate is important.
- 4.0Jun 3, 2022Sales AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Great training. Easy going . My manager literally didn't like me but no longer works there now.
Harassment by managers if they do not like you.
Autotrader Reviews FAQs
Autotrader has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 497 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Autotrader to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
73% of Autotrader employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Autotrader 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.