Auxilium Pharmaceuticals Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Auxilium Pharmaceuticals President & CEO Adrian Adams
Adrian Adams

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Medical Sales Consultant in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Medical Sales Consultant in Malvern, PA

Pros

The management is great. They say you don't quit your job, you quit your boss. My manager is an excellent person who I not only consider my boss, but he's also my mentor and my friend. I have an excellent opportunity for career growth and the company really encourages you to constantly educate yourself. The salary and incentive compensation can not only be considered fair, but they are very competitive. The benefits are great. Great insurance, company car, and corporate expense account. It is a very competitive work environment. You are rewarded and compensated for your hard work! Great place to work.

Cons

The 401k plan is not very good. They don't match much of what you decide to invest. The entire work day is spent traveling in a car (which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you are tired of office life). This can get lonely sometimes. It seems like lately I have been been listening to a lot of talk radio during the day to keep me occupied in the car. Since this is a "sales" position, there can be constant rejection from the doctors that you are speaking with. Also, this industry is volatile because it is based not simply on the success of the company, but also the political landscape and the insurance industry.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. Since you don't live near your manager, and you don't work in an office, effecient communication is only done via electronic means. But other than that, my senior manager is one of the best managers that I have ever had. Honestly. The management in this company (from my experience) are competent, and genuine people. Take that comment with a grain of salt because I have only met roughly 10 members of management.

2. "Sad, but the end is here with the Endo Acquisition."

Pros

Company was great and co-workers awesome.

Cons

Company is no more :(

3. "job"

Former Employee - Senior Mobile/Cloud Engineer in Douglassville, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Mobile/Cloud Engineer in Douglassville, PA

I worked at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (More than a year)

Pros

benefits and salary of the position

Cons

acquired 2015 by endo

5. "IT"

I worked at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Greta company to work for and great department especially. Company went through some growing pains as they got bigger, but managed to keep the small pharma feel in general.

Cons

Biggest con was being acquired by Endo before all the plans in the works could be completed.

6. "Great company"

Former Employee - Medical Sales Consultant in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Medical Sales Consultant in Memphis, TN

Pros

Great people and culture. Training was excellent and prepared you for the field. Managers let you dou your job without micro managment.

Cons

Product selection was poor, one drug for over 5 years. Formulary coverage was lacking and commitment to big plans was difficult at best. Lack of unrestricted access caused difficulties.

Advice to Management

Management did a great job positioning the company to be sold. They acquired great products to move the company and paid reps extremely well.

"Generally very positive though because of the structure it was hard to move upwards to new opportunities."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Pros

Good benefits, co-workers were great, lunch was provided, and the pay was reasonable.

Cons

Poor communication between certain groups led to problems in how issues were prioritized, some of the equipment was antiquated, and promotion opportunities were limited.

Advice to Management

Focus on better upper-level communication so that different areas of the company can work with greater synergy. Often it seemed that each section of the company was acting independently and didn't understand what was going on outside a specific area.

8. "Great company to work for."

Former Employee - Medical Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Medical Sales Consultant

I worked at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunities to move up. Pay was pretty good and I felt the bonuses were attainable. Management seemed to be pretty responsive to feedback from the field.

Cons

The main way to succeed is being in a territory with good managed care but that's pharma I guess. It seemed a big managed care win means that the team involved would definitely hit presidents club and areas with poor coverage were just dismissed as being bad reps.

9. "Loved my job, too bad they let some GREAT reps go!"

Former Employee - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I worked at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Single rep territories and innovative therapies

Cons

Sell-out to Endo.... Let people transfer as well as start employement for JUST A FEW WEEKS before lay off. They knew. ;(

10. "good company, however they had a 30% reduction in work force right before it announced that they were being acquired"

Pros

Small friendly company, great work-life balance

Cons

Company is being acquired by Endo Pharmaceuticals

11. "I enjoyed it"

Former Employee - Commercial
    Former Employee - Commercial

I worked at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team I worked with and great benefits.

Cons

Too much stress put on sales by sales leadership with their impossible numbers to hit.

Advice to Management

Chill out dudes.