KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 290 of over 308 reviews

4.4
Availity Chief Executive Officer Russ Thomas
Russ Thomas
Pros
  • "Work life balance isn’t just something they talk about, it’s something they believe and encourage(in 18 reviews)

• "great benefits from the first day(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Senior Leadership lacks strategic direction for the organization(in 10 reviews)

• "No work-life balance: I came in at 7AM each morning and worked 10 hours minimum each day(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Availity and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great culture

Jun 1, 2021 - Senior Financial Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work with leadership that cares about its people

Cons

Fair amount of disconnect between teams

Availity

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We agree Availity is a great place to work. We’re even Great Place to Work certified! We appreciate your observation/feedback about having a greater ability to drive information across our teams. We’re a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities. Each year, our leadership shares company goals and objectives to meet year-end targets. Departments and associates then use the company goals to align our individual goals accordingly. Is our process perfect? No. Can we improve our alignment and collaboration? Absolutely! So, we welcome your new ideas to improve cross-department collaboration. Again, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad you are here!

2. 5.0

Excellent People

Apr 16, 2021 - Product Owner (PO)
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people: Everyone is excellent to work with and very understanding of learning curves. Leadership: I've been impressed with the leadership team from the beginning. They are inclusive, mindful, conscientious and driven to succeed. Onboarding: There is a LOT to learn, and the onboarding process has been pretty good. There is room for improvement, but it's far better than many other places. Work/Life balance: This goes along with "people," because there is a genuine recognition that everyone needs time away to regroup and come up with some of their best ideas. The hours are reasonable.

Cons

A lot to learn: if you're coming from outside the healthcare industry, there is a whole new language to learn. Availity also has its own language, and both are chock-full of acronyms and abbreviations that are difficult to discern. It comes with time, but I wish there was a glossary of terms to review. With a company this size, there can be a disconnect between people/groups. I've been fortunate to have access to someone who seems to know everyone and everything, so I can get help, but it can be tricky if you're trying to find the right person or team. I guess a team directory would be good, but there's a good bit of movement that would make that difficult to maintain.

3 people found this review helpful

Availity

Thank you for writing such a fantastic review! We agree, there’s a lot to learn at Availity—especially if you’re new to healthcare. But that doesn’t mean our “healthcare veterans” know it all, either. Fortunately, we know there’s a learning curve, so we make space for associates to learn, ask questions, and share resources to help everyone feel informed and engaged. There may even be an acronym glossary hiding around here—we’ll make sure to get it updated and posted to our internal website. Excellent idea!

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great benefits, but great disappointments too

Jul 9, 2021 - Learning Content Developer in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Medical/Dental insurance 401k Unlimited PTO for salaried employees Flexible work schedules Remote or office capabilities (office is recently remodeled) Nice people Decent pay

Cons

Availity has grown exponentially in the last two years, and not in a good way. We are twice as busy as we were last year, which was quadruple as busy as prior years. However, no additional full-time resources were approved (they were requested), which means we're all drowning in work right now with no light at the end of the tunnel. It's stressful and difficult work.

Availity

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our benefits team at Availity works hard to provide competitive benefits, so we appreciate your positive feedback—401k matching, unlimited PTO, flexible scheduling, remote options, and salary. We are sorry that our growth is causing you to feel stressed, so let's talk about our rapid growth. As our business grows, it is essential to make changes to accommodate that growth. Programs and processes that have worked for many years may not work the same as business increases. Growth isn't just about numbers; it's also about scale. How can we change the work we do to scale effectively with the business? Do we need more resources, or can we stop doing something because it no longer supports the company's goals? Your manager is probably thinking about this as well. All that said, we are adding headcount where we need it, and the organization has several open positions currently available. Read that again, we’re aware of the need for resources and ARE ADDING THEM. It's wonderful that your manager is awesome! We try really hard for transparency at the executive level. They work hard to help associates feel informed about our business. From Town Halls to quarterly All Associate Meetings, internal videos, and Friday updates from our CEO; our execs regularly share information and detail at a deeper level than most companies. We understand that transparency is subjective, but we can assure you that transparency is an objective of our leadership and internal communications team. We will close with this note; change is hard for everyone. We get it. We feel it. We are grateful for your contributions and encourage you to stick with us. It's an exciting time to be at Availity with so many good things happening right now!

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

RUN, STAY AWAY - DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!!

Jul 27, 2021 - Provider Engagement Trainer in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a paycheck, not many pros, only work here if you want to have an eye twitch and hate every minute of your life. Not worth it, go somewhere else. Whatever they talk you into it's not worth it, there are better places out there.

Cons

Was convinced I should take a trainer job and then that job was turned into a sales job even though no one would admit it was changed to sales. Horrible management, management gets away with treating employees horribly, supposed to be unlimited pto for salaried employees but a certain manager will not go by HR rules for pto as she goes and does whatever, forced to work while on pto, whatever you do will be wrong, expect to work 24/7 while your manager runs her kid everywhere all day or goes shopping. Senior management thinks everything is so perfect and they "care" about employees....they don't care. Management allows some employees to be put up on pedestals because they think they are so great as everyone else works and gets no credit for anything. Management doesn't understand that everyone does not have 10 or more years of healthcare industry experience. Expect to be yelled at by your manager in front of other team members, even when you didn't do anything wrong. Expect to spend most of the day in meetings that don't pertain to your job or anything that you need to know. Company only cares about metrics. Will have to drill down into data that doesn't even make sense. Data will always be incorrect, will constantly have to redo projects because data is incorrect.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company with a lot of room for upward growth

Apr 21, 2021 - Client Services Representative in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life Flexibility. This was honestly the most important thing to me in my job search. Availity has been great anytime I needed to take off in a moments notice. They are flexible with my hours and understand that life happens. Also the room for upward growth is fantastic, after a year in the call center you can really make a great career for yourself in the Healthcare IT sector. Availity wants you to succeed and to help you meet your career aspirations.

Cons

The training is not the best. Your first week on the phones you're just reeling trying to figure out what's going on, eventually you get it but I did not enjoy the time when I couldn't help people due to the fact I didn't even know what they were asking. I felt more like a hinderance than I was helping. The training simply needs to improve

2 people found this review helpful

Availity

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We are going to jump right to that quote, “You get out of it what you put into it.” We’re not sure who your manager is, but that’s excellent advice, and it applies to so much more than just your role at Availity. Let’s talk about training; we have heard this comment before in numerous reviews. And although you felt like a hindrance, we promise that you weren’t. We have made big improvements to our training in the call center since you started. But we remind all new associates that healthcare is complicated, and everyone should give themselves some grace as they work to learn it. But, as you said, if you are focused and committed to giving it your all, you will be successful. Again, thank you for your review. We are so glad that you are happy working at Availity!

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Inconsistent

Jun 15, 2021 - Customer Sercive Representative in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great camaraderie among first level representatives.

Cons

Management is inconsistent with procedures and rules - it was as though each supervisor had their own set of rules for their teams. Too high demand in perfect metrics right out of training - if the instructor tells trainees it will take 6 months to fully understand the job then the metric goal for trainees should reflect that instead of being near 100% across the board. Training was lackluster - despite the long training period, there was a lot of information that was not taught and instead trainees are forced to learn entirely new applications and software on the fly taking calls. Supervisors have obvious favorites, and will sometimes neglect new hires or expect more tenured representatives to provide all the resources needed to do the job.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Former Employee

Very fast paced environment

Jul 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Modern and accommodating office space. Many benefits for employees. Good pay.

Cons

Expectations for customer service do not accommodate the employees mental health. Worked at an extreme pace & tracked to the very second. Not given time during the workday to finish workload & being forced to work overtime to avoid consequences for unfinished work.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Place to Work...for real!

Apr 23, 2021 - Implementation Coordinator in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team work environment, amazing company culture, compensation, and benefits. Its obvious that management cares about their employees (starting with the CEO who takes time every Friday to touch base with the entire organization and communicate any changes). My management team has expressed interest and concern for our team's mental wellbeing as well, making sure that no one feels overloaded. Everyone that I have interacted with has been helpful. Working at Availity has been a breath of fresh air.

Cons

So far nothing bad that I can say!

9. 3.0
      Former Employee

Meh

Jul 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers throughout the company

Cons

No proper training. Difficult works

10. 5.0

Finally a Job I Enjoy!

Mar 16, 2021 - Account Manager in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Availity values diversity of its employees. It has a great culture that values collaboration and is very inclusive. This is the first company I have worked for that values my feedback/input. Likewise, they show appreciation for their employees. Also, Availity has an amazing training program to set you up for success. Every employee I have interacted with is nothing but nice and helpful. When I am struggling so many co-workers are willing to stand up and help. And did I mention they are all about work-life balance? I am truly grateful to work here at Availity!

Cons

On-boarding, as anyone can image, was a bit difficult with the pandemic. Almost everyone is work from home. Be prepared to set up your equipment up on your own. Once you get into a routine, you pick things up quite quickly.

Availity

Yes! Thank you for your kind words. We put so much energy into making Availity a great place to work, and your comments mean EVERYTHING! Your positive energy only adds to our culture, so keep it coming! As you can imagine, our HR and technology teams put a lot of work into changing the onboarding process during the pandemic. We appreciate your suggestions to improve the process – note taken! While we do try to make the most of our virtual environment, we can’t wait for you to meet everyone in person! Again, thank you for your review. We are happy to have you as part of the Availity team!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 290 Reviews