KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Avalara Employee Reviews about "people"

Updated Aug 10, 2022

Technical Account Manager

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and teams(in 71 reviews)
  • "The culture is great(in 39 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good and fairly extensive.(in 38 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance and ease of work(in 25 reviews)
  • "Great team, growing fast and with an eye to maintaining a high bar for talent.(in 20 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Avalara and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Avalara Really Takes Care of its Employees

Jul 20, 2022 - Senior Application Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits - parental leave, equity bonuses, healthcare, FSA. Decent salary. Professional and personable, committed to diversity, respectful of people's time and effort.

Cons

Too many meetings, sometimes demanding, poor recognition, no COLA increases in base pay

Sr. Manager, Community Strategy

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Avalara. We appreciate your feedback about AvaCulture and compensation increases and will use it to make Avalara the best possible place to work. If you have additional thoughts you’d like to share, please reach out to your HR People Partner or connect with us at avalisten@avalara.com.

2. 4.0

Aug 9, 2022 - Professional Services Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Great teamwork. Supportive coworkers.

Cons

non that I can think of

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Support Launch Manager

Jul 20, 2022 - Support Launch Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had a great manager at the time who really fought for his team. I enjoyed working with the product managers and the new product introduction process.

Cons

There wasn't a long term vision for a career in this role

Sr. Manager, Community Strategy

Thanks for sharing your experience at Avalara, we appreciate it! If you have any other insight you’d like to share, please contact your HR People Partner or message us at avalisten@avalara.com.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jul 17, 2022 - Implementation Consultant in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Responsive to feedback from employees

Cons

Nothing stands out right now

Sr. Manager, Community Strategy

Thanks for sharing about what it’s like to be a part of AvaCulture. We appreciate your feedback!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome Place To Work!

Jul 13, 2022 - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET)
    Business Outlook

Pros

No office politics Talented Employees Great benefits Interesting work Hard work is recognized and rewarded

Cons

The liberal agenda is pushed pretty hard from the top

1 person found this review helpful

Sr. Manager, Community Strategy

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. We want all Avalarians to feel supported and valued, regardless of their political opinions. If you have additional feedback, please contact avalisten@avalara.com.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don't work for the 'Corporate Experience' Team

Jul 24, 2022 - Program Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company is high growth so its always evolving, positions getting added all the time. GREAT people, I met the best people on other teams from my own networking. Decent pay, good/average daily culture depending on your team.

Cons

The CE team have the most toxic mangers I've ever experienced. Felt like I was back in the sorority in college. They DO NOT care about you. Both are fake, spread rumors about you and will throw you under the bus in a moments notice. They ONLY want 'yes' people, so your actual opinion better match theirs. Don't have a personal life during the week, as it will intrude in the unnecessary last minute requests that come to you. It takes weeks and months to get basic things done, as the Director doesn't respond to email unless it's important to her. They will take the credit of your work when done well, or talk down to you and belittle you if not done perfectly. I was honestly told "we do not have room for mistakes on this team" when I asked about authenticity and psychological safety during meetings... They like to give out tasks one at a time, so a 'project management' background is an absolute joke. Hierarchy is very important to them, they MUST feel bigger, better and smarter than you. Be very careful in considering a role on this team!!

4 people found this review helpful

Sr. Manager, Community Strategy

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and bring it to our attention. Avalara is committed to having people managers who support, engage, and develop the Avalarians on their teams, so your feedback is concerning. We’d like to learn more about what you’ve observed so that we can continue to improve, please contact avalisten@avalara.com to follow up.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Jul 7, 2022 - Senior Accountant in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and pay Fun place to work

Cons

-nothing really to complain about

Sr. Manager, Community Strategy

Thanks for sharing about what it’s like to be a part of AvaCulture.

8. 4.0

Great company questionable leadership

Jul 6, 2022 - Indirect Tax Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kind co workers, remote, awesome company goals

Cons

They are always buying software with plans to integrate them all which never actually happens. Leadership is out of touch with individual contributors.

Sr. Manager, Community Strategy

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback about your experience. We appreciate hearing your perspective. If you’re open to sharing more so that we can learn and improve, please contact avalisten@avalara.com.

9. 3.0

Amazing People - Terrible Execs

Jun 29, 2022 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone at or below the Director level is amazing

Cons

Benefits Salaries Top-down decision making

1 person found this review helpful

Sr. Manager, Community Strategy

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback about your experience. If you’re open to sharing more so that we can learn and improve, please contact avalisten@avalara.com.

10. 5.0

Wonderful Company

Jun 15, 2022 - Customer Success Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic people, lovely work environment.

Cons

Wonderful people, lovely environment! Great company

Sr. Manager, Community Strategy

Thank you for sharing about your experience working at Avalara. We appreciate your feedback and we’re grateful that you’re part of our orange team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 197 Reviews

Company Updates

Logo

43 days ago

Culture
#Pride is for all Avalarians. This Pride, Avalarians across the globe celebrated and reflected what it means to be "unapologetically us". Avalara employees showcased this year’s Pride theme of being true to ourselves and showing up authentically with events all month long. PRISM, LGBTQ+ of Avalara, welcomed Aleksa Manila for Drag Storytime, partnered with the Ujima ERG to discuss Imposter Syndrome, and hosted sessions to teach about queer representation, coming out at work, intersectionality, and more. #AvaCulture
Shared image

Avalara Photos

+ Add Photo
Avalara photo of: Avalara executives and event emcee at Connect 2022.
Avalara photo of: Avalarians celebrate PRIDE at an event organized by the PRISM employee resource group
Avalara photo of: Employees enjoy a hot dog BBQ sponsored by Veterans of Avalara
Avalara photo of: Grace Hopper Celebration attendees in Orlando, Florida
Avalara photo of: AfroTech World attendees pause for a photo at the Avalara booth
Avalara photo of: Customer Success team works on cases during the Bug Bash
Avalara photo of: Teams meet on the steps in our Durham office.

Glassdoor has 814 Avalara reviews submitted anonymously by Avalara employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Avalara is right for you.