Cover image for Avalara

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Avalara Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Aug 18, 2021

77 Comments

Tech

638.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Avalara~116638
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Avalara? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Avalara employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "lies lies lies false promises incompetent lies lies lies lies poor management Scott needs to leave the company before running completely in the ground(in 37 reviews)
  • "5. India level managers have no voice and all decisions are made by US counterparts.(in 30 reviews)
  • "Major sexist 'good old boys club' vibes fostered by CEO and his buddies in other senior leadership roles.(in 23 reviews)
  • "Upper management is disorganized, engineering teams are sometimes neglected(in 18 reviews)
  • "Blatant favoritism.(in 10 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Avalara and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I have been working at Avalara full-time (More than 6 months)

May 30, 2018 - Senior Software Engineer in Pune
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexi work timings. Work from home Management is understanding Great Managers Great Salary Hikes

Cons

I wasn't able to find one

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0

Corporate Tax analyst

Feb 4, 2021 - Tax Analyst in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

easy flexible work from home people are nice

Cons

not engaging mundane can be slow

3. Join the Avalara team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0

Home

Aug 18, 2021 - Research Analyst in McMinnville, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being able to work from home. Being close to my family. Not having to travel for work to be able to make an income.

Cons

There is no profit sharing and the wage is not what I would like it to be. You get no compensation for using your own power, internet or buying anything that you need to do you job.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Nice place to work

Jan 27, 2021 - QA Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home facility with Flexi working hrs Client interaction with us projects

Cons

Nothing all are good with me while working with us projects

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good company to work from junior to senior level

Dec 7, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work from junior to senior level Work culture awesome Provide work from home policy Helpful people and management

Cons

Nothing as such... Nice place to work

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0

Good Experience

Apr 9, 2013 - Senior Software Engineer in Pune
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good and flexible environment, work from home facility are the good things in Avalara. Work culture is also very good. People are very friendly and helping natured.

Cons

Management does not listen to the employee's personal issues. Career growth is limited here. No onsite facility is available though they send few people for few months tour to US in B1 Visa.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company to work with

Jan 15, 2017 - Senior QA Engineer in Pune
    Business Outlook

Pros

This one is my second company and for me experience with current and previous company is really good. I really don't write blogs or review ( believe me not a single review even on flipkart products that i purchased so far :) ). This time someone is really spreading bad about the company so thought i should share my exp about Avalara. Pro's : If you are a positive minded person there are lots of thing that you can find opportunity into, but few are the bullet point which really reflects in day to day operations. - Company understands about today's trend about Husband and Wife both being working professional as a reason they provide free breakfast , Lunch and snacks (that too a good quality food). this really help's me as my wife as well is working. - Work from home option : My parents staying at native really require my attention once every 2-3 months and having this option really help me spend time and as well contribute to work. - There is a special budget allocated for team outings and that's really with individual team members to plan activities. Its really fun to go out with team enjoy the time. - I noted the salary is actually competitive per market standards ( if not why would have I been sticking with this company so far :) ) - Work wise - this is product based company and you get to work on latest technology stack. Few bullet items i added to my Resume since last 12 months (AWS , Node.js and Angular JS). Overall I think this is a pretty good company for those who wants to keep learning and growing. This is not like a typical service based industry where you are guarded with a huge team and your performance hardly counts. This ones for individual contributors and for folks who keeps performing throughout. I think this is now a general trend in service industry as well , even if you are in group there are metrics to evaluate you individual performance.

Cons

There may be few if you compare with top notch companies like google , Microsoft and those would be typically on Infrastructure side. Another one i noted is no company transport. Besides these I do not see any major Con's. For me its kind of if you start you day with positive mindset you find everything coming your way. If you are sick personality no matter what, you land up in situation.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 4.0

Good but……..

Feb 16, 2022 - Compliance Analyst in Brighton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary Good life balance Work from home

Cons

Middle management Work ethic Communication Planning Training Unclear business routine

2 people found this review helpful

Avalara Response

Manager, Community Engagement Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We recognize that there are things you see that are going well, and areas you've identified for improvement. If you’re open to sharing more so that we can learn and improve, please contact avalisten@avalara.com.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Software Engineer

Jan 7, 2020 - Software Engineer in Pune
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible timing Work from home available

Cons

No cons as of now

11. 4.0

Great starting job

Jun 7, 2021 - Tax Analyst in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Alright pay Opportunity to learn Practice with excel Good benefits Work from home

Cons

Pay Long, long hours Repetitive work No room for growth Can't transpose job skills learned to other tax positions

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews
</>Embed

Popular Careers with Avalara Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Avalara? Share Your Experiences

Avalara logo

Avalara Careers

Cover image for Avalara

Avalara is the technology company that everyone’s used but nobody’s heard of. We’re at your gas pump, in your browser, and at...More

• Careers
  • Engineering
  • Avalara Global

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

6 days ago

Culture
This month our Avalarians celebrated Lunar New Year with events hosted by our workplace experience team in the Brighton, Durham, and Seattle offices.
Shared image

66 days ago

Culture
“AfroTech2022 was a great opportunity for me to connect with some amazing Avalarians in person, have some thoughtful conversations about diversity, inclusion, and belonging, show off Avalara’s unique culture that is different by design, recruit engineers, and attend some great technology and business sessions. This was my fifth year attending AfroTech, and the experience just gets better each year. I am very proud of our team who attended this year. We had great fun together. I am very proud to be part of Avalara.” - Danny Fields, Avalara EVP of Engineering and Chief Technology Officer
Shared image

Avalara Photos

+ Add Photo
Avalara photo of: Avalara executives and event emcee at Connect 2022.
Avalara photo of: Our Hispanic/Latinx of Avalara (HOLA) Employee Resource Group (ERG) led Avalara in celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month.
Avalara photo of: Avalara's Workplace Experiences team brings the fun with weekly themes like Watermelon Week.
Avalara photo of: Representatives of Avalara attend Grace Hopper Celebration 2023 onsite in Orlando, Florida.
Avalara photo of: Avalarians celebrate PRIDE at an event organized by the PRISM employee resource group
Avalara photo of: Employees enjoy a hot dog BBQ sponsored by Veterans of Avalara
Avalara photo of: Grace Hopper Celebration attendees in Orlando, Florida

Amazon

3.8

158,163 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 905 Avalara reviews submitted anonymously by Avalara employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Avalara is right for you.