Avalon Flooring Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Maryanne Adams

Pros
  • Excellent Benefits - Strong Management Support - (in 4 reviews)

• I also know that dedicated hard work will not go unnoticed (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, you can be micro managed at times (in 4 reviews)

• Retail hours and weekends can impact work/life balance at times (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Tops Company to work for in my 42 years of retail"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Toms River, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Toms River, NJ

I have been working at Avalon Flooring part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked for 3 companies in my 42 years in retail and feel Avalon is at the top of the list. It is a large company with a small company feel. All employees no matter what their title are supportive of each other and contribute to each others success. They invest in their associates through training and they offer employer benefits packages that are comparative to all good companies.

Cons

Just like any retail position working hours can be demanding. You have to be there when customers are and that can mean working weekends and nights.

Advice to Management

Avalon is in great position. They have many talented associates that are committed to growing the brand. Continue to give them the opportunity for continued growth within this company.

"Sales/design"

Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Avalon Flooring full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Today is my last day working at Avalon and I truly enjoyed my 6 years here and will miss it. I am only leaving because I'm moving south due to my husband's job change. I have to say that the people I worked with at the KOP location, management and all the way up to the HR department and the wonderful CEO of this company are exceptional. The continual training surpasses anywhere I have ever worked. The company also cares about it's employees. They also care about their customer's experience and satisfaction. Yes, you have to work hard. But the harder, or smarter, you work the more you are rewarded. Thank you Avalon, for all you have done for me.

Cons

They are trying really hard to update their computers. At this point they are still having trouble with one system talking to the other. It can be frustrating. But their working on it.

Apr 19, 2017 – Vice President of Administration

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback as a Avalon employee. Best of luck to you and please contact us if you are ever back in our area! - Linda

"Female, Full-Time Mom & Mid-Level Manager - Thriving at Avalon!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Avalon Flooring full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a female in the "business" world and more notably in an industry dominated by males- the experience at Avalon Flooring for all employees, but more specifically for women in management is top-notch.

Avalon has truly cultivated an environment of respect and encouragement through and through. They offer tremendous opportunities for growth and development for those who truly wish to succeed which is why most of the people who work here have been here for years! It's an organization where everyone pulls their own weight and understands the value of teamwork and therefore you are rewarded for a job well done and hard work is recognized by all levels of management.

The Executive Leadership Team is one of the most approachable and more importantly seen group I have encountered in my career. They take a genuine interest in the development of the each individual in the company not only on a professional level, but also on a personal level. Avalon is truly - family-friendly and supports the work-life balance that so many of us strive for day in and day out

The President & CEO, Maryanne is an inspiration for women in business. A perfect example of someone who worked hard for her family over the years climbing the proverbial ladder and eventually shattering the glass ceiling paving the way for many of us looking to do the same. She's relatable and understands how difficult it is to manage work, family and personal wellness and supports all employees, male & female in achieving what success looks like for them.

By far one of the best places I have worked and I am looking forward to many more years.

Cons

Nothing major is a con. Its like any workplace - somedays are harder than others and thats really based on the type of work you do.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the staff - its noticed by all and we appreciate it.

"Warehouse Associate"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Avalon Flooring full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health Care and it's a job.

Cons

I would like to start out by saying i think the Upper class Management "Linda, Jim & Maryanne" need to look into on how the Directors of Operations runs the Warehouse. The management in the warehouse isn't any better. They will cover something up just to save their own job. They need to be responsible for the actions they take. They don't care about safety or your well being. If you bring something to Management about safety. You will be told don't worry about it. It has will be handled. Worry about what your doing. This attitude put your life at risk to get the job done. I just hope Linda, Jim & Maryanne look into it before things gets to out of hand. You think things will change, But it will stay the same.

On another note. People who have worked for the company for a couple years get overlooked by favoritism for new employees. Safety isn't the overall goal. It's the Directors of Operations way or the Highway. Even if you done nothing wrong and was in the right.

Advice to Management

I would still be working for your company if i wasn't mistreated by management.

Apr 19, 2017 – Vice President of Administration

I am concerned reading your review regarding your safety concerns at Avalon Flooring. I would like to understand more clearly what those concerns are so that I may address them. Your review lists ... More

"A Great Place To Work!!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Langhorne, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Langhorne, PA

I have been working at Avalon Flooring full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training is unbelievable! This company cares about their employees and couldn't be a happier work environment! I couldn't be happier working for an employer.

Cons

There are no cons in working for Avalon!

Apr 19, 2017 – Vice President of Administration

I am very pleased that you are happy with your experience at Avalon!

"Claims Coordinator"

Current Employee - Claims Coordinator/Customer Service Representative in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Avalon Flooring full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent Benefits - Strong Management Support -

Cons

Lack of communication - can require some travel

"True meaning of doing what's best for self"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Avalon Flooring (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have some wonderful employees

Cons

They treat the nice people, the people who have moral with distaste. The sales associated get treated like yesterday's trash while the Warehouse staff are treated even worse.

Advice to Management

The management loves to have affairs with the sales associates, I guess it makes them feel empowered.

"A career company"

Current Employee - Warehouse Manager in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
    Current Employee - Warehouse Manager in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I have been working at Avalon Flooring full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You get a sense that this is the greener side. I enjoy coming to work everyday, helping our customers and co-workers. It's a great feeling when you know you have helped someone and I get that every day here. The benefits are plenty, a company that really cares about your well being. From gym reimbursement to free health screening to a pension. Avalon is a career company

Cons

When I think of something that is really worth putting here I will.

Advice to Management

Try to learn something new everyday to make this company the best and reflect on something that did or did not work.

"A company that cares about the big and the small"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Avalon Flooring full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Avalon for over a decade and have experienced everything that goes with being involved in good times and tough times (like a recession) One thing that has made a difference is the fact that I always felt that i hold value as an employee. No matter what position I held in the company, my input, my opinions, my concerns, my questions were always met with the same level of respect and attention. I have always felt like I am a part of a family and that Avalon Flooring has been the most consistent in providing me a sense of security. Security in knowing that the direction the company has gone in always seems to be the right one. Security in knowing that the decisions made from the very top down always have the best interests of the employees at the core. It is rare to say that you feel truly happy and safe with any job but I have been able to do that for the last 10+ years.

Avalon Flooring is a great company that I was very lucky to find and be a part of.
    Great leadership
    Great direction
    Great vision
    Great people
    Great training

Cons

Is a huge selection of products a Con?
    Maybe when you first start to learn all the products and details that go along but the training never ends and that helps you become more knowledgeable than the competition
    (which becomes obvious when you talk to customers and hear horror stories about other flooring companies) .

It's a never-ending learning process no matter how old you are there are new things everyday to learn from. Remember your mistakes and focus on them .Your supervisors words and advice will only make you a better employee.
    One of my favorite quotes is "Experience is what you gain by not having it when you need it"

Advice to Management

I would say don't change a thing but that is not what Avalon Flooring does. Adapt and come out better, that is what Avalon does best and I have seen the proof time an time again.

"Best Company Ever"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Warrington, PA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Warrington, PA

I have been working at Avalon Flooring full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am appreciated by the sales peoples I work with.
    I have support from management and even corporate if needed with any customer issue or task.

Cons

The drive is 45 minutes to get here and back.
    I wish we had paid sick days.

Advice to Management

Paid sick days :)