The latest conversations about Real Estate
I dont even know what to post in here. Its a real estate group. That means its opportunities. We can complain about down economy or find the opportunities. Its literally the best time to buy real estate. The reality is you have to do the work as an entity or individual to align yourself with movers, shakers, cashbuyers, sellers.
Got a burning question about AvalonBay Communities? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with AvalonBay Communities employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits in the company" (in 92 reviews)
- "Manager(s) were great people and showed a willingness to help associates." (in 67 reviews)
- "The company has a great culture and shows appreciation for its people and their effort." (in 55 reviews)
- "Good work life balance" (in 48 reviews)
- "motivational, great training, lots of company events" (in 30 reviews)
- "The pay was low to start with and then the bonus structure made it even worse." (in 55 reviews)
- "Many managers don't have customer service skills and lack communication skills with employees as well." (in 24 reviews)
- "Prior to Avalon, I had a clear idea of my 'road map to success' and upper management was amazing." (in 21 reviews)
- "No bonuses in the maintenance tech department" (in 14 reviews)
- "The salary and housing discount are not competitive." (in 10 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of AvalonBay Communities and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 967 of over 1K reviews
Updated Sep 20, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWJun 7, 2023Maintenance Tech IIICurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
Competitive salaries, time off, team building events, great company culture and philanthropic vision!!!
dependent on property management/rental housing trends to sustain growthAvalonBay Communities Response3mo
Thank you for taking the time to write a glowing and detailed review! We love to hear that our associates are enjoying their experience at AvalonBay. We know that no company is perfect, and if things change, please feel free to reach out to your Manager or Regional HR Manager to share additional feedback.
- 5.0Sep 20, 2023Residential ConciergeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearWashington, DC
Avalonbay really shows their employees they appreciate them from the beginning with gifts, free meals, and an excellent compensation package. Management is friendly, understanding, and welcoming which I truly appreciate. The pay is adequate, as well as the benefits package, so I'm a Happy employee. Thanks Avalonbay!!!
A lot of online training your first few months, it definitely helps, but it can be overwhelming at times.
AvalonBay Communities Reviews FAQs
AvalonBay Communities has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,020 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at AvalonBay Communities to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.
68% of AvalonBay Communities employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AvalonBay Communities 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.