Avanade Reviews | Glassdoor

Avanade CEO Adam Warby
Adam Warby

1,054 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 2k, lower for lower positions) to be spent on tech gadgets or work-life balance (including vacations) (in 49 reviews)

• Great people on the planet to make things excellent inside clients (in 68 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Avanade has made the transition as a college grad into the work force very well providing all the resources needed."

Current Employee - Entry Level Infrastructure Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Entry Level Infrastructure Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Avanade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are standard with other companies. However, the extended benefits package is great. Lots of training opportunities and ability to obtain industry relevant certifications.

Cons

Depending on your client, you will see long work hours and a lot of travel taking up time away from family.

Sep 15, 2017 – COO North America

Thanks for the input! We love helping new graduates launch their career. We look forward to your growth with us.

"Excellent company!"

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

Work with the brightest minds on the most exciting projects in a truly collaborative environment and culture that is focused on the Microsoft platform in the enterprise.

Cons

30,000 employees means you really need to drive your own career to get noticed. The family is a great one, but it's a BIG family. Also, if you don't want to travel, this is probably not the best fit for you.

3. "Great Place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

Work is interesting and travel at times can keep the week from being monotonous. The company really shows its passion for its employees to continue learning new things. Money is given each year (max is $2k, lower for lower positions) to be spent on tech gadgets or work-life balance (including vacations).

Cons

Travel can be burdensome for some, a joy for others. Pay is probably at or just below industry standard. Lots of turn-over. You are basically Accenture's staff augmentation pool. The companies relationship with Microsoft means absolutely nothing to the company except for those who work in Seattle, the rest of the company is forced to use and sell Microsoft products, even when they are incredibly inferior.

Advice to Management

Drop affiliation with Microsoft, embrace new technology (which may or may not include Microsoft). Quit relying on Accenture for everything including terrible internal tools. Rely on more digital sales instead of O365 installations.

Sep 20, 2017 – COO North America

We agree! We believe in supporting our employees' success on and off the clock, which is why we provide an average 80+ hours of annual training, on top of an extended benefit bonus to support... More

"So much greener on the other side of Avanade"

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Avanade full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Resources but limited time/capacity to utilize them

Cons

Poor Leadership, Actions speak louder than words

Advice to Management

Avanade needs to move past Warby and the stale NA leadership - and all the fluff - to get back to the days where employees liked working towards a DNA that delivered client value, technical tenacity, and a put in a suite of leaders that weren't in it for their options and the strings of the mother ship (Accenture). Doesn't surprise me that the positive energy that has been created with the new Microsoft hasn't carried over to Avanade. I see Avanade losing market share to other SIs. Give the employees driving positive value and change, the opportunity to build Avanade 3.0.

Sep 20, 2017 – COO North America

As a former leader with us, I'd like to hear more about your experience. Please reach out to me to discuss, jeyan.jeevaratnam@avanade.com

5. "Overall"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Avanade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for some of the best people in the industry, Avanade offers good training and you have the opportunity to accelerate your career very fast.

Cons

Salary could be better in my case.

Advice to Management

none

Sep 5, 2017 – COO North America

I couldn't agree more! We do have some of the most talented individuals in the industry, and we work hard to develop and grow our people. We look forward to seeing your progression with us.

6. "Great place to work for if you don't want to transfer"

Former Employee - Software Development Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Development Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Avanade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great coworkers, Opportunities to learn

Cons

Owned by Accenture so have to listen to them. Hard to transfer groups

7. "Delivery Management & Consultting"

Former Employee - Director of Delivery in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Delivery in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Avanade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team - tremendous work ethic and dedication. The work hours at avanade were long but also flexible. Leadership there,seemed to genuinely care about their team.

Cons

Can be too political. Cost cutting gets foolish sometimes. I guess this isn't uncommon in a large driven organization but there were some times when certain people had too much ego

"Unhappy"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Avanade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extended Benefits include $2000 annually to spend on the technology of your choice (with exceptions)... some really smart people to collaborate with... generous training opportunites & will pay for certifications

Cons

very few women in technical roles (less than 5%), and minimal opportunities for the few that are... pay is well below market... poor to mediocre leadership... they reward and advance engineers who shmooze and brag but don't actually do much... hard work and innovative thinking are NOT rewarded...

Advice to Management

Pay attention to who is doing the work that makes up your deliverable. The engineer that talks about how smart he is... usually isn't. Transparency goes a long way with employees. And start paying for your talent... a high turnover does not speak well of your environment.

Sep 15, 2017 – COO North America

Thanks for your review. We remain committed to increasing the amount of women at Avanade across all roles and levels of the organization globally. I'd like the opportunity to discuss the feedback... More

9. "Good Company"

I worked at Avanade full-time

Pros

Bleeding Edge Technology.
    Adventure Benefits

Cons

Not enough direct work and being treated like Accentures little brother .

10. "System Engineer"

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

Well work life balance and a lot of training opportunities. Kudos recognition is awesome. Every employee appreciates being recognized for hard work.

Cons

Pay scale is very low compared to market. Other competitors and even parent company Accenture + Microsoft offers better packages.

Advice to Management

Please reevaluate pay scales for all employees based on skills and provide competitive packages to keep talented people. Cost of living is rising which is causing many good talent people to look for others options to earn more and eventually move out. Every employee at earns enough when staffed to get paid competitive salaries.

Aug 22, 2017 – President, North America

I agree, recognizing our employees for their contributions through “Kudos” fundamental driving higher levels of engagement and productivity. Avanade has the best talent in the Microsoft ecosystem... More

Showing 1,054 of 1,089 reviews