Avanade Reviews

Pamela Maynard
  1. "Innovative Organization"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Avanade full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Customer Centric and Family Oriented

Cons

Overall compensation is slightly lower than Market

2. "Leadership"

Former Employee - Leadership

I worked at Avanade full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great brand awareness given Accenture and Microsoft relationship

Cons

Leadership continuously struggled with an identity inside Accenture

3. "supportive team"

Current Employee - Senior Front End Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Avanade full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really enjoy working here, I am in the Digital Studio, so can't speak to other groups in the company. I feel really supported by my coworkers - both day to day project teammates and by Studio leadership. There was one project where I didn't have much support and leadership gave me advice to help get off that project and onto a new one. This is the first job I've had where I felt if I speak up, that my concerns will be listened to. There is a big culture of appreciation here too, for example you can give reward points to people who you think have done a good job and exchange them for gift cards. I've gotten quite a lot of furniture/electronics this way The studio has less of a travel requirement compared to the rest of the company. If I weren't in the studio i'm not sure i would be so happy, personally though I do work with others who do seem happy.

Cons

I did spend some time on projects not using the most interesting technology, but still the problems were interesting to solve. Junior employees are not eligible for bonuses, which did make me feel unappreciated when I was more junior. They do a lot of the work, and often take on work well above their pay level to get promoted. they are eligible for overtime, though.

Continue reading
  4. "Avanade is a great company to work out"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Avanade full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very progressive, great benefits. Management is generally pretty solid. Work from home!

Cons

None I can think of. Maybe higher pay

June 19, 2020North America Chief Operating Officer

I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying our strong company culture. Thank you for being part of the Avanade team! If there's anything I can do to improve your experience, please feel free to reach out directly at amy.wright@avanade.com.

5. "It's an Average->Slightly above Average consulting firm"

Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Avanade full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They have a more relaxed attitude than places like Accenture Benefits are quite good because its part of Accenture They're MSFT focused so if youre in that space in tech its good. They have an inclusive attitude led from the CEO down There are people trying to build better cultures but its tough They do innovation challenges and stuff

Cons

Its a consulting firm so engagement is VERY low Any initiative to improve the firm gets about 1% engagement as most people just dont care The innovation challenges, certifications etc are all on top of youre full time role, which often has other stuff already on top of it with pre-sales work and managing people

6. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Avanade full-time

Pros

Avanade has great career growth opportunities, lots of industries to choose from, and the career advisor is great for younger employees to find their path

Cons

Lower salary than some other companies

"For now is ok"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Avanade full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Project team, flexibility in traveling and opportunities to work with some great clients. I’ve built some valuable skills and confidence due to my project work.

Cons

The company had somewhat succeeded in killing my morale. I have been passed over for promos on really silly technicality or baseless reasons. In my time here, all clients and PMs have went out their way to give and sent excellent reviews on my behalf but I have realized all of that do not matter. I appreciate the opportunity here and wish they would encourage people who go above and beyond for clients and promote on merit to encourage people. I have come to the conclusion that promotions are just based on time and if you have the patience they will eventually hand you one even if underserving.

May 26, 2020NA HR Executive

This year we launched a new performance management program that allows for more learning and continuous feedback, providing more opportunities for our people to expand skills and grow professionally. I encourage you to chat with your career adviser with any concerns surrounding advancement, and you can also reach out to me directly at laura.p.sewell@avanade.com if there are any further questions I can answer.

8. COVID-19

"Overall a good place"

4.0
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Avanade full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They really want you to succeed, generally pretty good about work life balance. Handling the COVID-19 situation INCREDIBLY WELL

Cons

There's a lot of really terrible projects out there that you can get stuck on which forces people to quit

May 29, 2020North America Chief Operating Officer

Creating an environment where our people feel supported and able to succeed is a top priority, especially during these challenging times. While I’m very happy to hear the positive, it sounds we could do better finding a project that better fits your skills and aspirations. You can utilize your career adviser or staffing team to help you find a project that aligns with your goals, and you can always reach out directly to me at amy.wright@avanade.com if you’d like to discuss this further.

9. "Great to work lots of training opportunities"

Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Avanade full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

lots of training opportunities, good people

Cons

Limited growth, not many career opportunities

May 29, 2020North America Chief Operating Officer

We want everyone to feel empowered to drive their own career at Avanade, which is why we've revamped our performance management process to make career growth an ongoing conversation rather than a “once a year one and done” activity. Please reach out to your career adviser if you have any concerns about how this new process works and can benefit you. You can always send me an email directly at amy.wright@avanade.com if you feel you are not receiving the resources you need.

"Cool but not that great"

Current Employee - Advanced Analytics Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Avanade full-time for more than a year

Pros

It’s a big company so fun events. Cool trainings you can do bc it’s a Microsoft company

Cons

The people are rude, they make you think they care about your future but they really don’t

May 29, 2020North America Chief Operating Officer

Ensuring all our employees feel inspired, confident and cared for is a top priority for our leadership team, and we will not tolerate incidences of disrespect and disinterest in our workplace. If you're willing, please send me a note directly (amy.wright@avanade.com) so that I can learn more about your specific experience.

Found 1501 reviews