Avanade Reviews | Glassdoor

Avanade CEO Adam Warby
Adam Warby

"Not what I expected"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Avanade (Less than a year)

Pros

Training opportunities, big salary, good benefits and extended benefits, prestige of the name, career opportunities all around the world, etc.

Cons

No support from management, no flexibility on projects (approach, project plan, staffing, deliverables, number of meetings with customers - everything is decided by people other than you but you are in charge of the project), no flexibility in working hours, project budgets are outrageous and time is spent doing presentations and research that won't benefit the client anyway, etc.

"Too Much Stress, that's UCCMS"

Current Employee - Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Avanade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free Certifications
    Decent Health Benefits (you'll need them)

Cons

Seattle Ops building is dirty, chairs have no back support, and terrible cubicles
    Ventilation is allergy inducing.
    A very "It's all who you know." mentality
    Night shift gets no credit less something goes wrong
    A rapidly declining work/life balance
    True hard work is rewarded with more work
    Time wasting issues are never addressed.

Advice to Management

No amount of working your Analysts harder can fix the real problem of bad, negligligent management. It's a creating a vacuum where honest workers, people painstakingly trying to make your broken platform work, are worked into the ground while those gaming the system just to get their paycheck with minimal effort run out the door leaving the former to clean up. We have a duty to our clients to provide a functional platform for which they're paying good money for but I can't sleep knowing I'm just delivering a hype train rather a real service platform.

"Agent Orange is Toxic"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Avanade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some really smart people in the development teams. Clean restrooms. Great technology in conference rooms.

Cons

The company mis-leads its customers, they talk one thing and deliver something else, sweeping real issues under the carpet. Management are all 'in the boys club' and look after themselves. Personal agendas are rife within management in the IT area - they'll stop at nothing to better their own careers, and I mean nothing - dishonesty seems to be a quality they aspire to. Manipulation is a daily goal. I've never worked for an organization that shows such a lack of respect to its staff. High turnover rate - not surprising, the smart people leave. Forget it if you are a woman looking to get into a senior management position within a technology area - it's boys only. I've witnessed senior management make racist , homophobic and sexist comments. Avoid this place.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the bloat. You know who they are, the unethical and deceitful manipulators.

5. "Horrible company to work for"

Former Contractor - Systems Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Contractor - Systems Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Avanade as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They will give you a job and the introduction is very good

Cons

The company will just use you up and then let you go without notice plus they underpay people for their work

Advice to Management

Quit your jobs and allow real Silicon Valley experts come in from San Jose and show you how to do it.

"Used"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Seattle, WA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Avanade as a contractor

Pros

You can find kind people anywhere, and they are here as well.

Cons

This company uses you until you've got nothing left to give, and then they discard you like a used tissue.

7. "Senior Consultant Solution Developer"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant Solution Developer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant Solution Developer in Austin, TX

I worked at Avanade (More than a year)

Pros

Paid Holidays, paid on time

Cons

Do not honor contracts that are managed by Accenture

Advice to Management

Parent company has too many self absorbed managers that only look out for themselves and force consultants to take the fall.

8. "Bait & Switch"

Former Contractor - Tech Support in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Tech Support in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Avanade as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

This position was the best money I have ever earned
    Lots of Potential
    Fully Remote

Cons

Will Cut everyone with no notice due to overseas outsourcing (3-5 year contract ended at 7 months)
    Upper Management intentionally lies to employees to prevent them from seeking other employment
    They never specify goals or expectations and also ask that you do more, but won't say how much

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees on your projects and stop putting the dollar before the worker.

"Sinking ship - run"

Former Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at Avanade full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Training is good, benefits (ie: 401k and healthcare) are great

Cons

Everything else about this company is awful. Leadership is selfish and focused on their scorecards, there's little concern for building a great place to work. Sales team can't spend any money to make money, there's little to no celebration. This company is officially a joke now. Very sad as they were once great to work for. Keep raising prices and maintaining your highly priced overhead and you'll continue to drive yourself into the ground. The companies sales outlook is grim, growth is lagging and management continues to lay off regularly. RUN away people - don't look at this company. The hire one day and lay off the next because chargeability is a management metric (understandable) but your lack of ability to be competitively priced has created a vicious cycle of HIRE AND FIRE based on your unpredictable sales demand.

Advice to Management

Fire leadership - rebuild. Hard workers deserve to be treated better. Your clients deserve the best based on your HIGH costs, high contingency and buffer contingency (Avanade basically puts contingency on its contingency because they are so conservative and risk adverse).

"Treat people the way you want to be treated"

Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Avanade full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great training resources and work culture

Cons

Inconsistent pipeline and crappy work life balance

Advice to Management

10 years 0 severance when economy goes south is cold and tells you that you ain't worth jack other than a number. Good luck attracting good folks to come back when you shoot your own people and throw them out when you do not need them.

"Service Delivery Manager"

Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Avanade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent Pay. Some of the people are ok.

Cons

Management cares more about butts in seats than qualified staff.

Bottom line: Its all about the Benjamin's for Avanade regardless of how you get there. If the client is unhappy but can't leave the contract so much the better.

I worked there for 4 years. In that time I was able to get training once (and that wasn't in my field). Every request for training in my area was denied.

Management would use vulgarity and threats on staff without recourse.

Exercising your benefits is made problematic by unhelpful staff who seem out to hinder as much as possible.

Advice to Management

When you acquire a successful business for repackaging in a mass consumer market, you cannot sacrifice the quality of the product and reinterpret your contracts however you see fit.

You can try... but your reputation pays the price and your Clients go find vendors who will live up to their contracts.

When you lose 1/3 of a staff of over 100 people in 6 months its time to start looking at why so many talented people are running for the hills.

Have an unbiased (Non Accenture) third party audit Avanade's contractual risks with any at risk divisions before costly oversights turn into obligations.

Additionally, lowering the technical bar for the staff in no way changes the support needs of your product.

Showing 73 of 1,006 reviews