Avanade Reviews | Glassdoor

1,078 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,078 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 2k, lower for lower positions) to be spent on tech gadgets or work-life balance (including vacations) (in 51 reviews)

• Great people on the planet to make things excellent inside clients (in 69 reviews)

Cons

"Eroding Revenue - Massive Layoffs - Misdirected Management"

Former Employee - Director in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I worked at Avanade full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strong diversity program, Microsoft platform focus, strong training program

Cons

Behind on cloud, no personal accountability, poor executive leadership

Advice to Management

Stop knee-jerk reacting to ebbs and flows. Make a multi year strategy of investment. No one ever cost-cut their way out of a top line sales problem.

"Senior Consultant"

I have been working at Avanade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Avanade has wonderful benefits. The health insurance is the best I've had in my career.

Cons

Avanade is nothing more than a body shop consulting shop. Additionally, if you like to write code, this is not the company for you. Avanade attempts to off-shore most coding tasks. Consultants become intermediaries for the off-shore teams.
    The company has no real culture either. When I started, I completed my training and was then left alone in the office for months. No one made any efforts to socialize. I often went out for lunch and had drinks with colleagues from my previous company.
    The worst part has been getting on projects. To get a decent assignment, you really need to know someone. Managers act as if they are doing you a favor to put on on their project too. And, they play favorites. More than once I nominated myself for projects only to find the position was never really open.

Advice to Management

I didn't look for a job at Avanade so I would always have to look for a job. Being sent on numerous client interviews is draining. It's also very cruel to force employees to work at odd-hours with off-shore teams. We all know that off-shoring lowers salaries. Most US workers accept that. But, it's a real kick in the stomach to be required to meet late in the evening or in the middle of the night for hours on end with these teams.
    Management

Oct 23, 2017 – COO North America

Thanks for your candid response. I'm interested in learning more about your employee experience with us. If you're open to a conversation, please contact me directly at jeyan.jeevaratnam@avanade.com... More

"Great Place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

Work is interesting and travel at times can keep the week from being monotonous. The company really shows its passion for its employees to continue learning new things. Money is given each year (max is $2k, lower for lower positions) to be spent on tech gadgets or work-life balance (including vacations).

Cons

Travel can be burdensome for some, a joy for others. Pay is probably at or just below industry standard. Lots of turn-over. You are basically Accenture's staff augmentation pool. The companies relationship with Microsoft means absolutely nothing to the company except for those who work in Seattle, the rest of the company is forced to use and sell Microsoft products, even when they are incredibly inferior.

Advice to Management

Drop affiliation with Microsoft, embrace new technology (which may or may not include Microsoft). Quit relying on Accenture for everything including terrible internal tools. Rely on more digital sales instead of O365 installations.

Sep 20, 2017 – COO North America

We agree! We believe in supporting our employees' success on and off the clock, which is why we provide an average 80+ hours of annual training, on top of an extended benefit bonus to support... More

"Excellent company!"

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

Work with the brightest minds on the most exciting projects in a truly collaborative environment and culture that is focused on the Microsoft platform in the enterprise.

Cons

30,000 employees means you really need to drive your own career to get noticed. The family is a great one, but it's a BIG family. Also, if you don't want to travel, this is probably not the best fit for you.

Oct 3, 2017 – COO North America

We're proud of our innovative and collaborative culture supported by some of the best minds in IT, and I'm happy to hear you can feel the energy!

5. "It's a generic IT delivery job"

Current Employee - Data Analyst
    Current Employee - Data Analyst

I have been working at Avanade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart people, generally fine hours, broad exposure to different industries and technologies. Great if you want to become a CO. Plenty of certifications if that's your thing

Cons

They staff you wherever they have work so, if you're specialized, it's unlikely you'll do what they hire you for. Ignition training is basically hazing and not useful if you're not a backend developer. Lower pay compared to competitors. Huge push to get certifications of dubious value

Advice to Management

Don't misrepresent the job descriptions. Stop pushing inferior Microsoft products like PowerBI and Azure when the clients would be better off with something else like Tableau or AWS.

6. "Group manager"

Pros

Flexibility of working at home

Cons

Lots of travel associated with any position

7. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Avanade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Variety of projects.

Cons

Employee turnover is very high.

"So much greener on the other side of Avanade"

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Avanade full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Resources but limited time/capacity to utilize them

Cons

Poor Leadership, Actions speak louder than words

Advice to Management

Avanade needs to move past Warby and the stale NA leadership - and all the fluff - to get back to the days where employees liked working towards a DNA that delivered client value, technical tenacity, and a put in a suite of leaders that weren't in it for their options and the strings of the mother ship (Accenture). Doesn't surprise me that the positive energy that has been created with the new Microsoft hasn't carried over to Avanade. I see Avanade losing market share to other SIs. Give the employees driving positive value and change, the opportunity to build Avanade 3.0.

Sep 20, 2017 – COO North America

As a former leader with us, I'd like to hear more about your experience. Please reach out to me to discuss, jeyan.jeevaratnam@avanade.com

9. "Overall"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Avanade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for some of the best people in the industry, Avanade offers good training and you have the opportunity to accelerate your career very fast.

Cons

Salary could be better in my case.

Advice to Management

none

Sep 5, 2017 – COO North America

I couldn't agree more! We do have some of the most talented individuals in the industry, and we work hard to develop and grow our people. We look forward to seeing your progression with us.

10. "Great place to work for if you don't want to transfer"

Former Employee - Software Development Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Development Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Avanade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great coworkers, Opportunities to learn

Cons

Owned by Accenture so have to listen to them. Hard to transfer groups

Showing 1,078 of 1,116 reviews