Avanade Reviews | Glassdoor

1,035 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,035 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company promotes work-life balance (in 46 reviews)

• Great people on the planet to make things excellent inside clients (in 68 reviews)

1. "Analyst"

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

Great co workers on all projects i have been on

Cons

Can't think of any cons

"Integration Architect"

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

Variety of projects, gives great opportunity to build skills and meet different people
    Big investment in training especially around Microsoft technologies
    Many perks (MSDN Subscription, Extended Benefits)

Cons

Work/Life balance is a struggle especially with travel demands.

"Great processes and templates"

Former Employee - Business Analyst Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Business Analyst Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Avanade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing opportunity. Good salary. Really smart employees who really helped out when needed. Great training. Newest technologies.

Cons

Low number of women (although great programs to change that). Long hours. Being laid off after working so hard.

Advice to Management

Change the review process and get rid of employee stacking.

4. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Avanade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opening and engaging atmosphere, and you get the sense they want employees to succeed.

Cons

As a consultant, you sometimes get stuck with a terrible client

"A crumbling firm"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Avanade full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Training investments are strong, extended benefit remains unique in industry, VP+ roles have strong contingent compensation

Cons

Leadership is stale and needs refreshed, culture is crumbling, most recent employee survey was a vote of no confidence - including low feeling that action would be taken on survey results, surprising no one little has actually changed

Advice to Management

Its time for a new CEO, and for leadership to gut the escalate-and-blame culture and replace it with personal accountability at all levels

6. "manager"

I worked at Avanade full-time

Pros

They seem supportive at first.

Cons

They do not support you at your position

"Field perspective"

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Avanade full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Access to training and Microsoft technology is second to none. 80/year required training. I work with some incredibly smart and humble folks. Variety of projects to work on. - that you may or may not have chosen to be on.

Cons

Travel can be 100%. For me it's been 100% for the past year, travelling Sunday thru late Thursday because of client commitments. Then meetings on Friday, I might get 1 1/2 days or less to spend with my family before getting back on the road. Long days, minimal options to pick projects. Always worried about layoffs from company or if/when bench clock runs out.You find out layoffs are occurring when you hear about them from the folks getting laid off then a few days later when mgt has heard everyone complain - then they issue a message about it.

Advice to Management

I've been reading about and talking with other Ava folks. I would agree that there is a need for a culture change/review. I haven't seen the yearly survey results But I've heard it's bad.

"UCCMS - Managed Services Group is Hostile Work Environment"

Former Employee - IT Service Delivery Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - IT Service Delivery Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Avanade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some really good people engineers and technical outside of management.

Cons

Management and leadership from the top down have created nothing short of a hostile work environment. This group has lost about 40% of it's business over the last 18 months and leadership is constantly on witch hunts to weed out really good people regardless of what you have done for them lately. They are extremely vengeful and dig up 'anything' to turn the team against each other. They cause divide in all elements of the organization and have a very short list of non-qualified persons they promote. Don't believe they have your best interest in mind because they don't. They also deceive oversell service offerings they can deliver on and they refuse to invest in any technology that will reduce burden on engineering, support and service delivery resources while expecting expected staff to take calls 24x7 for items that can wait until Monday (that only have urgency to them). They have a list of favorites and those they dislike and they aggressively and consistently go out of their way to 'talk down' accomplishments of those on their list that are doing great work but are personally disliked. I have NEVER seen such sadistically sick and void leadership within an mature IT organization. IF I were a business I would run far and fast and if I were looking for a job / career within the UCCMS organization of Avanade - I recommend running even faster because it is a JOKE of a Managed Services Organization!!! THE MOST UN-QUALIFIED LEADERS and immature tools I've ever seen in an IT organization.

Advice to Management

Grow up and ship out current leadership from the top / down!

"Good Company to work for especially if you are younger in your career"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Avanade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Excellent Training oppurtunities
     - Get to work with newest Microsoft Technologies-
    - Good Benefits

Cons

- Lack of transparency
    - Niche service lines limit your career growth
    - Very top heavy

Advice to Management

When you are hiring people with experience treat them like people with experience. Be transparent, when major layoffs happen discuss them dont let people just speculate.

"Used to be better"

Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Avanade full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Access to the latest and greatest Microsoft tech. Great colleagues who are smart and always willing to assist.

Cons

Avanade has shifted to a regional model, where each region of the US / Globe is responsible for its own employees. While on paper this sounds good, it leads to inconsistent treatment of employees who do the same thing but live in different areas. If you're on a project out of your region, your leadership will often not notice nor care about your achievements. Also, time at level has become a new standard. Despite your performance, if you haven't been at your level for x number of years you wont be considered for promo.

Showing 1,035 of 1,070 reviews