Avanté Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

1.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Douglas Mittleider

1. "Corporate Office Biller"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

I worked at Avanté Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great friendly Co-Workers. Great Team Mentality & Goal Driven. Management trains staff well and gives every tool to complete tasks.

Cons

Worked in a cubicle that was very drab not much growth potential for new comers. Most employees have been there 10-15+ years. Only way to grow is when someone retires or leaves.

2. "Work review"

Former Employee - Housekeeper in Lynchburg, VA
    Former Employee - Housekeeper in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at Avanté Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good staff and clean place to work

Cons

shift changes are hard to get use to

Advice to Management

all good

"No employee appreciation"

Current Employee - Therapy Personnel in Mount Dora, FL
    Current Employee - Therapy Personnel in Mount Dora, FL

I have been working at Avanté Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Rehab team, and the amazing residents, I care for so much.

Cons

I have given over 13 years to this company, to have my pay decreased $7/hr with a 2 week notice, because they have decided to use a rehab contract company. There was no I'm sorry, they did not pay out our PTO, nor give us any kind of severance. They have left us in a crisis situation.a loss of $1000 dollars a month is going to result in some kind of devastation for myself and coworkers, that's a mortgage payment, to many. I cant begin to tell you how hard I have worked for this company under strict 88% productivity requirements. They are well aware that OT/PT/SLP jobs are scarce, and impossible to find right now, but they don't care. If I could, I would walk out today however, I'm forced to remain there until I find a second or third job so I can support my family, and not lose our home or car. I have been told they would rather hire a new graduate for cheap, instead of myself,with 22 years of experience. I'm not aware of any new grads that can provide the care I can ie: w/c positioning. In the long run it will be the patients that suffer, and it breaks my heart. The nursing care is mediocre at best, but our therapy team was exceptional and made our building number 1 in revenue and pt. discharges to home. Thanks for nothing Avante!

Advice to Management

Care about your staff. Especially the team that made you over a million in revenue last year.

"Awful!!! Keep looking for another job!"

I worked at Avanté Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As the other review said, the CFO came in and axed anything enjoyable about this company. There really is not anything positive to say.

Cons

Everything from poor management, lack of communication, no money to do anything for the company and not to mention the worst work environment/culture I've ever been around. All employees keep their head down and are looking for other jobs. This place also has a no work life balance. I couldn't advance from my position up because I didn't stay late every day and work weekends. Extremely high turnover not only at the corporate office but the facilities as well. People who have worked there for years are simply walking out without notice to the company if that tells you anything.

"Terrible Management at the Corporate Office"

I worked at Avanté Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's none the CFO took everything away that was a PRO since the company doesn't have any money.

Cons

Avante will be going out of business by the looks of it. Upper management sucks and doesn't care about their employees.

Advice to Management

Do some work instead of gossiping.

"Receptionist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilson, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilson, NC

I worked at Avanté Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

loved the residents, hours were decent, location was convenient

Cons

horrible management, rules don't apply to everyone, the ones who were the most passionate regarding the residents and genuinely cared were either pushed out or let go, the employees who were brown nosers, lacked compassion or empathy for the residents, constantly were taking smoke breaks, hanging out with their "clicks", gossiping but were never reprimanded and seemed to be treated the best, worst management I've ever seen and total disregard and neglect for the residents but seemed to be able to con and manipulate the state re: complaints and reviews....PATHETIC EMPLOYERS

8. "Certifies Nursing Assistant"

Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Mount Dora, FL
    Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Mount Dora, FL

Pros

The only pro I would have to say is that if you were in school they would work with your schedule.

Cons

This company is the worst! Nursing staff (CNA's) were always short staff, over worked and under paid. Worked for that company for 7 years, they took away the differential pay and weekend pay from staff. Never gave christmas bonuses and they stop giving out turkeys and ham at holiday time. Never showed the staff they appreciated them.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees good and show them you appreciate their hard work.

"ThIs place earns its one star rating"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville Beach, FL

Pros

It pays the bills. If you're in it for the money, plenty of OT is available due to poor staffing, frequent call offs, etc.

The residents are so in need of consistent, quality care, their thankfulness and gratitude is both rewarding and kind of sad. They seem to have low expectations.

Cons

Many.

Agency nurses. Agency CNAs. Inconsistent care. Basic nursing protocols are ignored. Bare minimum work is performed, and bare minimum care is provided.

Lazy, complacent staffers who believe they're indespensible because of poor staffing conditions. No repercussions for not doing one's job. Employees too rough when positioning or transferring frail residents, uneducated/judgmental in caring for alzheimer's or those sundowning and confused. Antagonistic towards residents. Too many CNAs who take it as a personal attack when one attempts to educate. Expect a lot of 'know-it-all' attitude, glaring, eye rolling, and gossiping.

Filthy, disgusting facility. Stained sinks and toilets. Try not to touch any surfaces because those counters and wall railings do not get wiped down. If you drop something, it appears ok to leave it where it lands. Being in Florida, I expect to see occasional palmetto bugs big enough to saddle up and ride around but there is a roach infestation present as I frequently see German cockroaches in resident rooms.

Supplies are always scarce. Not uncommon to have to search multiple units to find creams, bandages, formulas, towels, briefs, etc. Facility expects vitals on some residents but does not have equipment. Nurses must provide their own BP cuffs, thermometers, pulse ox.

It all boils down to poor management.

Advice to Management

Fire those long termers whose bad attitudes are contagious! Define your expectations and do not accept less in an employee. Require night shift to clean instead of lazing around. Ban smoking on the premises.

10. "Underappreciated, overworked and under paid experience."

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Harrisonburg, VA
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Harrisonburg, VA

I worked at Avanté Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good teamwork environment. Floor staff are friendly and very helpful with questions. Working with the residents is a pleasure. The benefits are okay.

Cons

Management demands unrealistic expectations with minimal staff and equipment. High nurse to patient ratio(1 to 12-20). Lower level staff are made to feel expendable. No appreciation shown for a loyalty of long-term employee.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff with the same respect and dignity that you would appreciate. Give anonymous survey periodically and review results with genuine an open mind and empathy.

11. "Cook"

Former Employee - Cook in Inverness, FL
    Former Employee - Cook in Inverness, FL

I worked at Avanté Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Liked the people I worked with; Manager and HR were very professional and understanding.

Cons

The Administrator and corporate suits string you along until their needs are met--a positive state survey--after that you will receive a lot of empty promises.

Advice to Management

Look at your turnover rate--enough said.