The latest conversations about Tech
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Avaya? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Avaya employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people and a few left that came from the original spin from AT&T to Lucent to Avaya." (in 307 reviews)
- "Good work life balance and space for learning" (in 192 reviews)
- "Provide good benefit" (in 130 reviews)
- "Very flexible during work times and good salaries." (in 121 reviews)
- "The pay is good for as long as your job remains in" (in 119 reviews)
- "Management is poor and one sided decisions" (in 171 reviews)
- "Constant downsizing and layoffs." (in 115 reviews)
- "Senior leadership is facing a very steep uphill battle to transform Avayas brand into a software and services company." (in 82 reviews)
- "No bonus given despite your salary break up giving you hopes of the same" (in 61 reviews)
- "incompetent upper management has no clue how to do things in the cloud" (in 55 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Avaya and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 3,136 of over 4K reviews
Updated Sep 26, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0May 16, 2023Voice Network AdministratorCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Pretty good benefits, great management, and company seems like they actually care about their people.
I haven't found any cons as of yet.
Avaya Reviews FAQs
Avaya has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 3,526 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Avaya to a friend and 36% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.
54% of Avaya employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Avaya 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.