Avecto Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark Austin

Pros
  • Excellent facilities and working environment, and filled with a lovely bunch of people (in 7 reviews)

• Great place to work with good culture and really talented staff (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • growing pains comes a lot of change (in 5 reviews)

• High growth companies have personnel changes through promotion and attrition (in 3 reviews)

1. "Avecto is Truly Something Special"

Current Employee - Professional Services in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Professional Services in Boston, MA

Pros

I'm one of the recent hires and my experience to date has been nothing but fantastic.
    - Interview process was professional.
    - New hire induction process is important here. Its structured and informative.
    - Benefits are incredible.
    - Colleagues are friendly and more then willing to help get me up to speed.
    - Great location

Company culture is very important and it's easy to understand why once you work here. Expect your personality and demeanor to be accessed as much as your business knowledge and work experience during interviews.

Kudos to Avecto HR for doing such a fine job!

Cons

Honestly, I have not found one yet. I'll revisit this review in 2 months but can't foresee a "Con" anytime soon.

Advice to Management

You created something special here........please try to preserve it while growth/expansion continues.

2. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Flexibility, great benefits, competitive salary/commission structure, positive work environment, and strong Executive/engineering team consistently delivering innovation in a fast and growing sector - Security!!! HR (Jessica) was integral in both the interview and on-boarding
    process!

Cons

No Cons other than 'growing pains' due to fast expansion in the North American Market

Advice to Management

Keep driving Avecto for growth through being an innovation leader. Define the next generation of Security and Information technologies

3. "1.5 Year Review in Sales"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Avecto full-time

Pros

I have been with Avecto for 1.5 years and hit my number my first year - and 4 months into my second year have hit my number. Net, quotas are realistic, we have a product that solves problems and a reference base of clients - second to none. Leadership is open to feedback and allow autonomy when you are demonstrating a strategy and plan in your territory.

Cons

High growth companies have personnel changes through promotion and attrition. This has caused some changes in support teams and alignment. While the primary products continue to be market leading, new functionality is needed to continue to be a leader.

Advice to Management

Work to provide a healthy mix of career opportunities and stable support teams. Invest heavily into R&D of new product functionality that can be sold into existing clients and attract new clients!

"Exactly What You Want"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Somerville, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Somerville, MA

I have been working at Avecto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Incredible people, highly productive and energetic

- Beautiful office space in great Assembly Row area (food, shopping, parking, all terrific)

- Terrific culture: everyone is willing to assist anyone with anything

- HIGHLY relevant space in today's IT (stopping Malware), product that is used by world's largest firms

- A flat organization, everyone has access to management and ideas flow synchronously

- Terrific healthcare, Avecto invest in it's employees (events, promotions from within, fun activities)

Cons

- Not really a "con", but this isn't HP. You come to Avecto to help it build and grow. This is the most exciting time for any company and being a part of it is rocket-fuel for a career.

- This is a pro for most, but the delicious snacks are too easily available ;)

5. "Exciting time, growth and great culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Avecto full-time

Pros

Great place to work with good culture and really talented staff. Expecting significant growth over next 12 months with a lot of opportunities. Great solution with strong and happy customer base.

Cons

Nothing significant, other than the challenges that come with a growing company.

Advice to Management

Keep it up - doing a great job,

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales in Somerville, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Somerville, MA

I have been working at Avecto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great technology, emerging as an industry leader in a fairly new space
    -Great atmosphere, great people to work with everyone feeds off each other
    -Great Leadership

Cons

-Customers have to be educated on the space
    -cant think of anything else at the moment

Advice to Management

keep it up doing great job.. best managers I've ever had just can't say enough about them.

"Fantastic Place To Work"

Current Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Avecto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture of like minded people who want to make a difference in the market and enjoy doing it at the same time. Management are always pushing for new ideas and inspire creativity. The product is head and shoulders above the rest in the space and Avecto have some great customers under their belt.

Cons

Very Few, the only thing I can really say here are based on the fast growing nature of the company. Things can change very quickly and you have to be ready to work hard to get on.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

"Not as advertised"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Avecto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Technology is solid. Great market. Lots of potential. Business model seems to be working somewhat. No VC, privately funded. Many possibilities.

Cons

Management team creates an environment of fear. Beware of the "culture" pitch. Looks and sounds great on the surface. There are a number of very nice people that work here and talented. But management has created an environment of over regimented processes and fear/uncertainty of losing your job at any second. Unless your in the US on a work VISA from the UK, then you could say the wrong thing at any moment to the wrong person and your out of a job.
    Most of the upper management here is in the UK or in the US on work Visa's. As long as your buddies with the founders, you can pretty much have any title you want. The management team is so arrogant they keep apologizing for it by saying we are English. We are direct, to the point. On a daily basis.. But that only goes so far before that get extremely old. They act like they are willing to listen to your ideas and suggestions. But in reality they are interpreting what you are saying as "going against policy" and eventually sooner rather than later you will suddenly find yourself unemployed with no explanation as to why. Just because they can just fire you as long as it's within your six month probationary period. They will try to justify it with preposterous claims of ineffective work performance and no explanation.
    If this is the work environment you seek, look no further. Avecto is your company!

Advice to Management

Stop using excuses for arrogance. The US doesn't function like the UK. Get experienced management staff from the US for the US office that has worked with the UK culture before to bridge the major culture gap you have creates internally. Make sure ALL upper level management from the UK interacts with the rest of the company as little as possible.

"Fast growing startup"

Current Employee - Presales in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Presales in Andover, MA

I have been working at Avecto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong product and product roadmap. Good working environment. Good amount of autonomy in completing work. Supportive teammates.

Cons

Current office is no longer a fit for the company (we are working on sorting).

Advice to Management

With any company growing as rapidly as Avecto, change can be disruptive and it can be difficult at times to manage. Continue to focus on hiring employees who are adaptable to change.

"My experience at Avecto couldn't get any better!"

Current Employee - Sales in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Andover, MA

I have been working at Avecto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Avecto now for over two years and it has been a brilliant experience in every instance. I have seen the organisation nearly double in size each year, yet the culture & values that attracted me have not changed with the rapid growth and the company is still just as much about the staff as the technology.

Avecto has built a dynamic workforce of like minded people who are all very driven to push the company from strength to strength and motivates staff very well for doing so from both a monetary and decision making standpoint. With the explosive growth I have only seen a handful of bad hiring decisions made where it didn't quite work out as they simply didn't fit the culture of hard work, dedication, honesty, integrity, drive and a determination to succeed.

In the time In have been at the company I have developed tremendously as both an individual and employee by being surrounded by experienced individuals and working directly with them on a daily basis, whilst also enjoying social time together too. I started working at Avecto's UK Headquarters in an inside sales position after completing my degree in International Business and have since been relocated to our US office in Boston as a Senior Account Manager. Who would have thought my degree would have been quickly translated in to my life so literally?!

If you are lucky enough to get a job at Avecto, my advice would be to give it your all as if you don't you are simply throwing away a great opportunity to take yourself to the next level. I don't know of another organisation where the development opportunity is so strong and staff are treated so well.

Cons

I have shared my thoughts of Avecto above...

Advice to Management

Continue to reinvest money back in to the business to fuel the growth potential there is in the market, whilst ensuring the culture continues to stay them same as we grow.