Avenica Reviews | Glassdoor

Brian Weed

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Avenica is great!"

I have been working at Avenica full-time

Pros

We focus on quality placements. Coworkers are great and always willing to help

Cons

nothing. management really cares about employees and supports our decisions

"GRADS AVOID"

Pros

None whatsoever!! Place is a huge joke. Just trying to save other graduates the trouble. You received a degree so don’t settle for less like I did.

Cons

They take advantage of college graduates. For 4 to 4 1/2 months Avenida pays you while you work for a different company. $13-$15 an hour. Not worth it. Don’t do it. THEN IF THEY KEEP YOU, you make about $30,000 while every other employee who works there gets benefits and makes more than you.

Advice to Management

Stop taking advantage of graduates who don’t know what they are really worth.

Avenica Response

Jan 2, 2018 – Senior Vice President

Unfortunately this information is entirely false. We connect our job seekers to our hiring partners and over 90% convert to full employees, making at least $35,000 per year, but the average is much... More

"peanuts for recent grads"

I worked at Avenica full-time

Pros

I dont have any that I could think of.

Cons

I guess Gradstaff changed their name to drop their horrible reputation, but I am here to speak up. This Agency is not more than a whole bunch of entry-level positions in dead-end companies who pay a college grad peanuts for work. I worked as a temp in a horrible company that paid $13 per hour. This agency does not care for the grads only for their customers (the companies). If you have any complaints about the company you are working in, these people will listen first to their customers (the company) instead of listening to the worker they are representing.

Advice to Management

Try to change the mentality, instead of just the name at the end your reputation will follow you. As you have changed your name but not your trace out there.

Avenica Response

Nov 6, 2017 – Senior Vice President

This is an unfortunate review to read. I am truly sorry you did not have a good experience with our company and would like to learn more. We have changed our name from GradStaff to Avenica to draw... More

"Senior Talent Specialist"

Current Employee - Senior Talent Specialist
    Current Employee - Senior Talent Specialist

I have been working at Avenica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is absolutely rewarding matching grads with great opportunities. When grads come out from school and don't know what to do or how to use their degree and we can match them with a position where flourish I am so happy to be a part of this organization. Internally there is a great company culture and it is always a team effort to get things done. There are ups and downs in the recruiting world but the team is always there to pull together during the struggles and celebrate the wins. The company has a philosophy of doing what is best by the candidate not the client which is something I have always appreciated and respected.

Cons

Recruiting poses challenges in any company, but working with the demographic of recent graduates can be especially challenging. When graduates come out from school and have unrealistic expectations of the job market and how it works it can be especially frustrating. You want to help everyone find a job, but unfortunately it isn't possible. Grads get mad and upset when they are looking for a very specific job field or type of position and we don't have those positions open. Also, grads often confuse the company with other staffing and temp companies, so they don't understand exactly what we do or our mission is.

Advice to Management

Great management! The internal managers push everyone to grow and don't want anyone to be in stagnant roles. Always learning and taking more on. Managers don't mind jumping in and helping whenever issues arise. They are flexible, understanding, and supportive-what more could you ask for.

"Honest, Direct Company"

Current Employee - Account Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Avenica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience with Avenica has been nothing less than stellar. The staff they have are a great group who are ready to help recent grads in any way they can. They're honest while providing valuable feedback and coaching along the way to help candidates and employees grow and succeed in their careers. The atmosphere is positive and encouraging, allowing for career paths in a variety of different directions. Cannot say enough positive things about this company!

Cons

No cons about Avenica or their straightforward and transparent processes.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Great people doing good work to help others.

"Best first job out of college"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Avenica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I first started at GS, recruiting was the last career I had thought about. I found that you can learn as much or as little as you want in this job. In my career here I have helped hundreds of individuals find their first business job, many of which are managers that I now work with. GradStaff has access to companies and positions that never get posted online. The Account Managers are the ones finding the jobs and usually the opportunity is exclusive to GradStaff so a candidate would not have found that job on their own.

The management within GradStaff also allows you to have a wide variety of skills and does not promote people based on seniority. I have been with GradStaff for 5 years, been promoted three times and tripled my income within a very small window of time. I have had the ability to work with payroll, recruiting, candidates, given sales pitches to large and small corporations and built relationships with managers in all different types of industries along the way. I have a wall full of thank you notes from hundreds of individuals who would have never found their job without us. This position really allows you to give back to recent college grads that just need to catch a break and get their foot in the door somewhere.

Cons

Working with millennials can sometimes be challenging and some of them expect the world from you. Although our service is free to recent graduates many candidates will be come upset or irate when a position does not work out for them and it turns into the recruiter's fault. If you apply to this role it is important that you have a backbone and do not get your feelings hurt easily. In an era where social media is so present, it can be brutal to read a bad review that is directed at you. Someone that works at GradStaff needs to be able to take the constructive criticism for face value and turn their focus towards the individuals that are truly appreciate that we are helping them find a career. In reality, we cannot help every candidate that sends their resume to a posting and you have to be ok with that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Every time I place a candidate their only regret is that they did not hear about GradStaff earlier. I know there are some new marketing efforts GradStaff will be taking on so hopefully that should solve the problem!

7. "Employees are not a high priority"

I worked at Avenica full-time

Pros

Some autonomy in how you approach tasks, problem-solving, and work situations.
    Given a lot of responsibility early on.
    Majority of people want you to succeed and want to see you do well.

Cons

Low salaries (much below market, heavy reliance on incentives) and benefits are not great.
    Feedback is not received well, change/innovation is unwanted. Management is a big proponent of "this is how we've always done it."
    Little to no transparency on long-term growth opportunities.
    Restricted flexibility in work schedule (working from home, flex hours, etc.)
    Poor ethical business decisions (misleading job descriptions, not being upfront in the interview process, mismatched priorities (keeping money the company makes ahead of everything else--employees included).
    High turnover.
    Culture is poor, morale is low. Ironically, for a millennial market, many millennial best practices are not adopted and are looked down upon (i.e. working from home, flex hours, transparency and impact opportunities, work/life balance, dress code, limited PTO, etc.)

Advice to Management

Be transparent in the interview process about what type of candidate you're looking for, what the office culture and structure is like, the long-term growth opportunities, and a realistic salary.
    Trust your employees want to succeed and don't second guess their commitments. The minute you doubt your employees are there to do a good job and do their job well, that's the moment you'll lose that loyalty and commitment from them.
    Not everyone is meant to be a people manager.

"Love what we do!!"

Pros

i love what we do at GradStaff! It's an amazing company!

Cons

None! This is an awesome company to be apart of!

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Property Adjuster in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Property Adjuster in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Avenica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Reached out to me after placing my Resume on indeed.com

Staff was very helpful, both kind and well-measured with constructive criticism.

Very prompt and fair. Explained the entire process up front with no surprises later on.

Good hourly wage, chose good companies to place you with.

Knows their stuff. Answered any questions I had promptly and to the point where I rarely had any follow up questions.

Cons

I'm sure some exist, as there is with any company, but for those which are manageable, I have a hard time identifying any issues.

Perhaps if they placed you in a job that was a bad fit, that would be a con, but they are excellent at placing people. I knew the job they placed me in would be a good fit between 1-2 months in, and it was something I has never done before.

Advice to Management

Keep on being great and standing out from the rest of the pack!

"Great Experience"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Avenica full-time

Pros

I have to say that I've had some bad experiences with staffing companies in the past, but my experience with GradStaff was completely different. Everyone was very helpful and friendly, and they absolutely want their candidates to succeed. I'm very grateful for my them and I highly recommend them to recent graduates!

Cons

When you interview with GradStaff, you're not interviewing for a specific position, which can be difficult as a job seeker. GradStaff communicated clearly and consistantly with me, which was super helpful. If you're working with a time crunch, it's something to be aware of.