Avention OneSource Solutions Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

Sales

3.1
Steve Pogorzelski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 4 Tremendous work/life balance with open vacation policy (in 9 reviews)

• Great product, and many employees that truly believe in the product being the best in the market (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Objectively there has been a high turnover at Avention, with people not passing probation or poor performers been "let go" (in 3 reviews)

• High turnover of staff - both employees and senior management (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great workplace in growing business segment"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

Pros

Compensation potential, Company culture, Tenured employees, Competitive marketplace

Cons

Small market share, Potential to be sold

Advice to Management

Manage expectations, Do not sell

"Pre Sales Engineer, Enterprise Accounts"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer Manager, Strategic Accounts in Concord, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer Manager, Strategic Accounts in Concord, MA

I have been working at Avention OneSource Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Colleagues., Sr. Leadership, Culture, We have a CEO who respects his employees and believes in our products and that people are our biggest asset.

Cons

Location.....Concord, MA can be a long commute for many.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open and transparent lines of communication. It's always been a strength of our company and it continues today. Nice to see the recent flurry of internal promotions. Continue to let people manage their business and focus only on the ones who need to be micro managed. I love our company and what it has become over the years. Each person, past and present has made our company what it is today.

"Enterprise Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Concord, MA

Pros

Great product, great technology, promising product roadmap

Cons

Data quality is poor, management team is a disaster, too many entrenched former infogroup people with too much power

Advice to Management

Replace the entire management team

"Once a great place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Concord, MA

Pros

Great data set
    A loyal customer base

Cons

The Sales Organization has completely turned over because current management is out of touch and has no idea how to motivate and engage an effective sales team.

Product Development seems to have no interest in building a solution that meets the needs of their largest customer segment. Instead, much of the focus is on building features that are "cool" but have no real value or don't work.

"Transitional organization, beware of deceitful claims"

Former Employee - Sales in Concord, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Concord, MA

I worked at Avention OneSource Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At the top of the organization, the business is dedicated to moving forward and growing.

Cons

Middle management is stuck in old-school ways and bureaucracy runs wild. Micromanagemant is institutionalized. Very little camaraderie amongst teams. Everybody works with their head down, watching the clock until 5:30 (whatever you do, dont expect to leave any earlier).

Minimal opportunity for promotion from within. All positions are filled from the outside.

Advice to Management

Loosen up.

"Avention - A company poised for growth"

Current Employee - Sales in Concord, MA

Pros

Strong leadership team that is focused on growth and empowering the employees. The company values fresh ideas and is willing to act on them. Hard work and commitment to your job is recognized and rewarded.

Cons

The company is in a growth mode and moving quickly. You need to be able to adapt to change and new processes while still keeping focus on your goals and deliverables.

Advice to Management

Continue the town hall meetings and transparency around the company's vision, performance, financials and road map.

"Avention / OneSource: nope"

Current Employee - Sales in Concord, MA

I have been working at Avention OneSource Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Sales leadership has finally been fired, so there's that. And we do finally have some product investment, so there's that too.

Cons

We're in a bad position: name change, weak product offering,dismal office location, competitive market space, compensation terrible unless you're on the good side of the nepotism and favoritism that runs rampant

Advice to Management

It's going to be a long road to turn things around, I think you know that, so maybe it's time to show some faith in the good employees that stuck out the tough times. Salad days.

"Different, but the same"

Current Employee - Sales in Concord, MA

Pros

some new senior management, new ownership, new product, better benefits that in previous days

Cons

lots of the same tired senior sales management, fear rules the sales floor, office location is a challenge, lots of talent has moved elsewhere

Advice to Management

value your employees,

"Avention (formerly OneSource) has amazing products, talented sales pros and world-class customers"

Current Employee - Sales in Concord, MA

I have been working at Avention OneSource Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, above market compensation and good PTO out of the gate. Office is a little out of the way for some but it certainly beats a Boston or Waltham commute!

The sales team works hard and is rewarded handsomely for success. We are challenged to continuously improve and to think differently. I have grown as a sales professional in my time here as I am surrounded by a diverse group of talented sales pros. We also sell to sales execs, marketers, data guru's and professional researchers which many of us find rewarding.

The office is a fast paced, collaborate environment.

You can discount many of the old negative reviews as we are a 25 year old company that went through some rough patches and is now essentially a start up, with heavy investment in product, people and marketing. The old reviews speak to a lot of issues that have been wiped away under new ownership.

iSell, and now Avention, are unlike anything in the sales enablement, lead-gen and research industry. It's routine to hear customers tell us that we helped them generate tens of millions of dollars in new sales revenue with our products/services and in some cases gain hours per sales rep per week in selling time with our help. Very rewarding to be a sales person who helps other sales people sell more!

Cons

Those looking for a patch of shade need not apply. The sales team works hard, plays hard and is expected to operate in a professional manner. For some this is a con and these are the folks that don't last.

At times it's challenging to maintain a healthy work-life balance in this fast-paced, high growth environment. Travel is not an issue but sometimes there is so much activity and follow up that it's hard to know when to shut down and step away from the office.

I hate the coffee so I stick with the pan-fried green tea. It's delicious with a little honey and brown sugar. There's a Starbucks and DD nearby if you need a good cup of joe.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in talented people, the Avention platform and marketing and watch your growth plans will come to fruition.

"Exciting Time Ahead"

Current Employee - Sales in Concord, MA

Pros

Great products and information that can make a difference to the companies we sell to. Culture is flipping from old school infogroup to the new OneSource and new ownership. New products coming to really separate us which gets my juices flowing.

Cons

Wish the new products would be available quicker. Location isnt the greatest although Dunkin Donuts and PapaRazzi are within walking distance.

Advice to Management

Have more incentives and carrots for sales when they achieve....