KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Averitt Express

Is this your company?

Averitt Express

Add a Review

Averitt Express Employee Reviews about "dispatch"

Updated Apr 19, 2019

Found 9 of over 278 reviews

4.1
Averitt Express Chairman and CEO Gary D. Sasser (no image)
Gary D. Sasser
Pros
  • "Good benefits for the most part(in 20 reviews)

• "Easy work with good pay and great benefits (health, life, disability, 401k with profit sharing)(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes it's hard to get in touch with Dispatch(in 9 reviews)

• "Dealing with some of the dispatchers other than your fleet manager(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Race Ethnicity

This rating reflects the overall rating of Averitt Express and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "dispatch"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Favoritism.

Apr 19, 2019 - Company Driver in Huntsville, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Better pay than CR England and other larger carriers.

Cons

No matter how hard you try to be a good worker, always available, clean record etc dispatch plays favorites with some drivers, not even based on seniority just favorite. If you are not one of the favorites you might go without work for a while and when they do give you something is the crap nobody else wants.

1 person found this review helpful

Averitt Express Response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Comments like these enable us to build stronger associate experiences in the future, so we thank you for sharing your input.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Truck Load Driver (OTR)

Jul 15, 2015 - Truck Driver (Truckload) in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good "Large" company. Honest and they do what they say. Trucks are okay and gets better after you have been there a while. They do promote from within.

Cons

Typical large company equipment, automatic and very slow. They dispatch at 50 MPH, 64 MPH trucks and they use Rand McNally miles which is up to 10 percent off. This means no time for breaks other then the required 30 min. Home weekends, Approx 500 mile runs and drivers will load and unload everyday. Trucks have electronic logs. Bottom line: You will get about 1800 to 2200 per week and only get 24 hours at home on weekends. Nice dispatchers but loads are their priority. Fuel only at company so drivers must run unpaid out of route miles. Most repairs will be done away from assigned terminal on drivers time. Overnight parking is a problem at most yards. Can not recommend TRUCKLOAD division but would recommend other divisions. There will be no time for showers!

8 people found this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Averitt Express promises

Jun 11, 2016 - Truck Load Division in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy working for Averitt. It is like family and they will get you whatever it takes to get the job done safely & efficiently. I have had truck break downs but Averitt was on to of the game. My Fm is about the finest in my opinion that a driver could ever ask for. Trailers I have pulled are very well maintained and the dispatchers are awesome to deal with when you need assistance. One very special thing that to me stands out the most is I can be in a winter storm, delivering a 04:00 load that took all night to drive or just be driving an I will get a cal to see how I am NOW THAT IS SPECIAL TO ME. I feel as if my mother or father just checked on their son and for that I Love these calls it puts a smile on a tired face instantly !

Cons

No weekends home and that was a deal breaker for me as I have very strong family ties & obligations on weekends. I love my Church but never get to go cause I get home usually at 23:00 Saturday night & have a load to delive be 20:00 the next day Sunday. I have a pic I took of my Qualcomm that stated anyone want to work weekends call dispatch, If a driver wanted to earn extra pay, it concluded by saying if not you can be dispatched home on weekends because that is our policy to have you home on weekends and that will never change. I took the pic just to show my wife I did not misunderstand Averitt's policy. Sadly I have began a job search & feel extremely torn but my Church & Family will always be here for me & Averitt Express can always replace me I can never turn back time lost with Church and Family especially the grand babies they are only this age once. God Bless to all my Averitt Family

7 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

p and d driver chicago 12 years to long

Apr 21, 2013 - City Driver in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

always seems to be enough work to stay employed. lose one customer gain another. equipment for the most part is satisfactory. other city drivers are a fun group to work with.

Cons

management absolutely sucks. no respect for senority or age. backstabbers , liers, unskilled morons running the place. dispatchers who never spent 5 minutes in a truck telling 10 to 40 year veterans what can and cant be done. wasnt bad in the beginning. but has rapidly gone to hell over the years. looking to get hell out. cant take much more

6 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Former Employee

Averitt Air

Aug 20, 2008 - Pilot in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

At the time I worked for Averitt Air (2000), they had a reasonable work schedule and paid extra to work on days off. For the most part they also backed pilots decisions to cancel flights due to discrepancies. Averitt Air also offered 401K to their pilots, which is not saying much, however it's more than the norm for most part 135 charter companies. Mantinence at Averitt Air was above average (for a 135 company), most of their maintenance personel were knowledgeable, particularly the management in maintenance. I have seen a variety of 135 charter companies and I believe that there are much worse 135 charter companies out there to work for (if that's saying anything).

Cons

Everyone was a "manager" in some capacity. And like many companies they felt the need to justify their existence. They had too many employees, for example I believe that at the time they had around 8 people working dispatch, a president, VP, director of flight ops, chief pilot, director of training etc.. And because of this overstaffing their expenses were too high for a startup 135 operator. They bought approx. 10 old Learjets (which they basically had to junk or take a big hit on later) and various other aircraft. A combination of the high management salaries, overstaffing and buying antiquated aircraft forced lower than industry standard for line pilots. Subsequently, they started downsizing and laying employees off (except for management of course). I believe that the only reason they are in business today is because they were riding on the coat tails of Averitt Express.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good experience

Jan 31, 2017 - Truck Driver (Truckload)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice equipment well taken care of many yards do you park your truck at with nice driver lounge centers with ok dispatchers

Cons

Unsteady miles each week equals unsteady pay sometimes they try to turn your days upside down on you and make you drive all night Night dispatch don't leave notes for Day dispatch sometimes

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Former Employee

good company with alot of percs

Dec 14, 2016 - Truck Driver in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

apu's, automatic trucks, paid hollidays , very cheap health ins

Cons

dispatch are not very smart, dont think they know how to read a map lol

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very good trucking company.

May 23, 2018 - Driver in Roanoke, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Worked for Averitt Express for over 2yrs. Good miles and good pay home every weekend if you want to be. Definitely recommend.

Cons

Dealing with some of the dispatchers other than your fleet manager. Driver needs to keep up with a layover pay making sure you get paid for it.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

OTR

Aug 15, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are very good

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to get in touch with Dispatch

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews