Averity Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Simply the Best"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Averity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great People who are intelligent, driven, and caring. This is an environment that is like no other staffing agency I've ever been a part of. Great work life balance, great leadership, and a pursuit of legendary service to the clients and candidates that trust us.

Cons

You will be challenged every day to do your very best. (not really a con but a challenge)

Advice to Management

After being a part of many staffing firms, Averity has the right approach. True teamwork will end up in better results for everyone. There is a better way to do this job than how people tend to pereive recruiters The Averity Difference is that way. Honesty, Transparency, Caring, and Professionalism.

2. "The best company I've ever worked for"

I have been working at Averity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's an incredible place to work, and it starts with the culture. It's not just the insane vacation policy, opportunity to hit the gym during lunch every day, the cool music, standing desks, fridge stocked with beer, or the free massages. Everybody here legitimately wants everyone else to be successful, and we collaborate extensively to nurture each other's growth.

Coming from other recruitment agencies, I can say with confidence that things are done differently and better than the competition. We're niche focused and we work with great companies while interacting with smart, interested candidates. We hold ourselves to a standard and close deals without over-relying on KPIs. Most importantly, our work/life balance is unheard of. Where most recruitment agencies pressure recruiters to grind it out until exhaustion, we believe in having lives outside of work and working smart.

Joining Averity is the best decision that you'll ever make. Seriously.

Cons

It's still recruiting at the end of the day, which means plenty of ups and downs. You have to have a sales mentality and thick skin to be successful in this industry.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin on!

"Smart, fun people who focus on service"

I have been working at Averity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many good things to say about working here. I've worked in other recruiting firms and what they were lacking in, Averity excels. Everyone genuinely cares about their clients and candidates, and we do whatever it takes to provide exceptional service. Internally, everyone is always helpful, and it's great to be in a team environment. The office is in a good location, there's a stocked fridge, and it's a fun yet productive atmosphere. It's also a great work-life balance, which is hard to find in the staffing industry.

Cons

This is not really a con, but there is always work to be done. If you don't have anything to do, then you're not doing enough. It's important to push yourself in order to be successful.

Advice to Management

Wine in the fridge!

4. "Work Life Balance!"

I have been working at Averity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Averity truly values the importance of work life balance. Expect to work hard and play hard in an environment that encourages long hours but also unlimited, flexible vacation time, lunchtime gym runs, and well deserved happy hours. The team environment is ideal for recruiting, ensuring that everyone works together to place candidates and fulfill client's expectations; think more collaboration, less internal competition. Success breeds success, and teamwork at Averity is everything. You're never left out on your own-- everyone is equally passionate and hardworking. The current team is diverse, with varying backgrounds and specialties, which creates a well-rounded group constantly innovating in the job space.

Cons

None. Amazing place to work, and work hard!

Advice to Management

A wine of the month club would be nice :)

5. "Professional, Intelligent and Successful"

I have been working at Averity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Averity is truly a special place to work. I am surrounded by professional, intelligent and successful people.

The reason Averity is so successful in this line of business is simple - we listen to the needs our clients and candidates, we care and ultimately, we deliver.

We love what we do and nothing feels better than getting a candidate into his/her dream job or finding talent to our add to our client's team.

Cons

My colleagues make me laugh too much

6. "A great place to be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Averity full-time

Pros

The people there are incredible. They are smart, articulate and extremely intelligent. This is definitely not a standard recruiting firm in NYC. Everyone that interacts with this company are treated with respect and treated like a human being. You feel important.

All of this comes through in the external communication with the people they interact with daily. Averity makes people feel like a name, not a number.

The work environment is casual, comfortable, and 100% flexible. Take lunch when you're hungry, go to the gym when you want to, leave when you're work is finished, take a vacation anytime you want for as long as you'd like. This is probably why the employees also go above and beyond to deliver a superior level of service. No one there gets the Sunday night demons or a case of the Mondays. People look forward to coming to work.

They volunteer their time at the NYC Food Bank and Habitat for Humanity. They have team building events and read books that talk about customer service and building relationships for life.

All anyone in the recruiting business seems to talk about is the "potential" for income. People there are compensated extremely well, but Averity is so much more than that. It really is a different place to be.

Oh yea, tie all this together with an innovative and tope tier technical environment. No wonder people at Averity love what they do and the people they work with.

Cons

There really isn't a downside. There isn't beer on tap.

Advice to Management

Pioneering change in this industry isn't easy. Keep doing what you set out to do. It's working!

"All Aboard, Full Steam Ahead!"

I have been working at Averity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Averity puts emphasis on the team environment and work/life balance. A place where wins are celebrated and losses are spun into opportunity. You are never set up for failure and goals are always shared along with individual goals to meet.

Averity has direction and focus with a collective knowledge base spanning many years that you can rely on and grow from. Personal growth is encouraged and part of the overall mission in this people to people business.

Cons

I don't have a particular con I can think of. I would just say don't take the position for granted. At the end of the day you need to perform and are held to acting like an adult putting in your collective effort as a team. You are encouraged and support every step of the way.

Advice to Management

More granola bars! Just kidding :)

"Nothing but good things to say!"

Former Intern - Market Research Analyst Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Market Research Analyst Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Averity as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I found there to be a very strong team environment that encourages growth. Success is the common goal here, and when one team member succeeds, everyone succeeds.

Every employee at Averity is welcoming and encouraging, and that environment makes work feel rewarding. I worked as an Intern for the entire summer of 2015 and learned valuable skills and lessons that can't be taught in school. Averity is continually adapting and evolving, so learning is a big part of the job for both long-time employees and new employees alike.

This is not a typical staffing firm. No one sits in cubes and no one is hovering over your shoulder. I was given a lot of responsibility with a lot of trust. Overall, it was a cool and awesome environment and I had a lovely experience working here.

Cons

Upon being hired, there was a lot of emphasis on it being a "no-nonsense" environment. Enjoying work is encouraged but there is a line between having fun and slacking off. I do not have any negative experiences to report, and this is not exactly a con, but something to be conscious of.

Hours are not exactly a "thing". You work until you get your work done, whether it takes an hour or a week. This can be challenging when trying not to take work home with you!

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Averity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Averity is a great place to work. Founded by Chris Allaire, who has over 15 years of experience in the field, the work atmosphere is fun, fast-paced, interesting, and encouraging. Not only is the team well compensated for their hard work, but employees actually look forward to coming to work every day. Further, the atmosphere is extremely professional, and the company places a large emphasis on this in an effort to help separate itself from other firms in the area.

Averity also places a large emphasis on developing and maintaining strong and meaningful relationships both with the companies it works with, as well as with the great talent that comes to it every day. The company firmly believes in interpersonal relationships on both sides, and places this above all else.

I would highly recommend working at Averity. Not only do I feel extremely well rewarded for my hard work and time spent here, but I also look forward to the career advancement the company offers. The overall benefits are great, and the company is introducing fun, innovative benefits all the time to keep its employees happy.

Finally, this is one of the best companies I've worked for, and I can't wait to grow with it along with the amazing team that is coming on board.

Cons

The atmosphere is fast-paced and hard work is expected at all times, and every day you can look forward to being challenged.