Avery Dennison Reviews | Glassdoor

Mitchell Butier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Interesting Company"

I have been working at Avery Dennison full-time

Pros

Great flexibility: There's no issue in working from home.

Plenty of work to do, and you will be rewarded if you deliver.

Cons

Resources are slim
    Company does not invest in people and career development.

2. "Financial Analyst"

I worked at Avery Dennison full-time

Pros

Salary and benefits are phenomenal.

Cons

Work life balance is zero.

3. "No Vision, All Talk and No Action"

I worked at Avery Dennison full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people at base level, well-intentioned and hard working.

Cons

Leadership is non-existent. For all of the talk of vision and strategy, no evidence of either. Vindictive people management style.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the talkers and find some real strategic thinkers. All talk and no action will not lead to real market growth.

"Overworked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairport Harbor, Lake, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairport Harbor, Lake, OH

Pros

Benefits, vacation time, sick/personal time.

Cons

In just the past few months the company is taking on way to much, expecting the employees to meet the managements ridiculous standards and workload. Mandatory every Saturday for the last few months, employees required to stay late during the week. If you have/want a family, Avery in Fairport is not the place to go. Meanwhile, of course the upper management requiring all of this nonsense gets all of their extra time off to have a life with their families and friends.

Advice to Management

Get your act together. You are going to put yourself in a hole when all of your long term and good employees get tired of the nonsense. Stop caring about just the money, without employees you will be making no improvements in the end.

"Killing myself daily"

I have been working at Avery Dennison full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you want to work from home it is okay to do it. I would say that if you like to travel and you really see the world (or at least Asia), it is possible here too. Lastly, you get to be a change maker, this is a great opportunity for you. Just know that this job is a time investment and it is a social life and family life killer.

Cons

I would not recommend this job to family people. I think that is why everyone I work with is either single and young or not married. I have a family and it is very difficult on us. Every day I feel that I am under siege because of my enormous workload. I am so barraged that it is not only no fun at work, but it also makes my life revolve around my job, and I hate that. With this volume of work, I must work 12 hours a day and then put in hours on the weekend to fill in the gaps because of meetings and overseas conference calls. And the worst part is... they are yelling at me too after I do all that to complete the work that is needed that is not perfect. If I had it to do over again, I would not have come here and if I get the chance to leave, I probably will.

Advice to Management

If I am working 70-80 hours a week and sacrificing my time with my family to complete projects and my boss and my team are complaining about the work that is being completed, I would say that is probably a sign of mismanagement. I cannot possibly put in more time that I am now and if they want to quality of work to increase, they need to take something off of my plate. I don't know what else to say except... I hate it here and if this doesn't get better, people like me who really work hard to please their boss and make them look great will leave and we will be replaced with people who don't care.

6. "They don't care"

Former Employee - Department Lead in Lenoir, NC
    Former Employee - Department Lead in Lenoir, NC

I worked at Avery Dennison full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay ,time off ,holidays . Home life

Cons

They only look to shut down American factories.

Advice to Management

Make American great again

"Employees are Overworked and Underpayed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Avery Dennison full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible at times, Christmas break

Cons

Understaffed, thus more and more is being added to your plate without any addition to your pay. The salaries are lower than average market rate. The salary increases are minimal 3% a year. No opportunity to grow. You have to bend backwards 100 times to even get anywhere. However, some people get over promoted. So much politics involved. Very top heavy. If you are friends with the right person, you will fly the corporate latter to the top, if not, too bad you would be at the bottom.

Advice to Management

Stop wasting money on executive expenses and travel. Hire more people so the current employees are not overworked. Give employees opportunities to grow within the company.

"RBIS: flip flop politics and no motivation"

Former Employee - Product Development in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Product Development in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Avery Dennison (More than 8 years)

Pros

-They have great benefits with fairly low cost health insurance.
    -I worked with some great people while I was there. Some great people from the GOLD program, but they all seemed to get fed up and leave or find better opportunities.

Cons

Key motivating factors were missing for me: Autonomy and purpose.
    Way too many decision makers make it difficult to make things happen. Lots of politics and people rolling over to the newest leader's train of thought on how to win. It was often an emperor's new clothes situation.

One major example was when Paxar was acquired, the idea was to centralize and globalize operations to share best practices and expertise. After failing at this for 8 YEARS, leadership did a 180 and is in the process of DE-centralizing operations.

Advice to Management

Make it more of a meritocracy instead of an old boys club.
    Make decisions and execute them quickly; don't take 8 years for a failing strategy to change.

9. "CHAOS"

Current Employee - Lab Tech in Orangeburg, NY
    Current Employee - Lab Tech in Orangeburg, NY

I have been working at Avery Dennison full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits...thanks to the union.........HOLIDAYS AN ALWAYS PLANNED OVERTIME

Cons

Poor management...especially in front office.......Schedule constantly changing.....I can"t realize how we make $$$$

Advice to Management

lISTEN TO EMPLOYEES....TIGHT NOW WE ARE SPINNING OUR WHEELS GOING NO WHERE....WHY ARE WE SUBBING OUT SO MUCH???

10. "Unfair employee practices"

Former Contractor - Material Handler in Greenfield, IN
    Former Contractor - Material Handler in Greenfield, IN

I worked at Avery Dennison as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro to this company is money, but watch what you wish for.

Cons

They hold the temporaries to a higher standard then their own employees. They also treat the temporaries like the lowest thing on earth.

Advice to Management

Learn that people make mistakes and you don't fire them just for one bad day, especially when you say they have a great work ethic and good attitude. Really, maybe you should rethink that decision.