Avesta Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Avesta Managing Director Bert de Alejo
Bert de Alejo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Avesta has been such a great company to work for! Each and every teammate was a pleasure to work with!"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at Avesta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, teammates and residents become "family", awesome benefits, great "support" from all levels including upper management, Avesta events, Bonuses!

Cons

I don't have any cons. I had great experiences and met awesome people! I will miss all of my Avesta family! I would have never left if the company was in Boston! :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You've made a huge difference on my future! Thank you!

2. "I'm happy with this job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Avesta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

More responsibility than other companies give you. More work too but you get the credit for it, your not working so that your boss gets the credit.

Cons

Like I said its more work than at other companies I worked for

Advice to Management

I don't know I guess pay me more

3. "Regional Manager"

I worked at Avesta full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to develop and implement your skills.
    Strong support from senior management, allows you to work with confidence and implement your skills and expertise.

Cons

Not enough staff to perform work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work !

4. "Run Away Fast Avesta is a horrible place to work for because of its on site leadership"

I worked at Avesta full-time

Pros

The company has many locations

Cons

If you are seeking to work for a company that cares less about training and development for their employees who are not located in support then this is the place for you! I have never seen such unsupportive management in my life, furthermore you have leadership setting unrealistic goals never considering how the low level individuals will be impacted or even be able to fulfill goals. They ask you to do things and then they create a boat load of red tape for you to get it done such ie. firing ineffective people, spending much needed money on items, and the employee morale is insanely horrible especially in South Florida! This company is led my operations and treats our service team like trash always filtering changes through individuals that have no idea what service items need to be done and the intricacies that perhaps goes into their role. It is quite apparent that leadership is leading on a whim demonstrating that its the nature of the relationship with the individuals and whether they kiss up to you or not and not hard work and performance! If you exceed goals the company never rewards you for that instead they now hold it against you as a new benchmark. The property managers in South Florida are horrible and they are more concerned with their numbers rather than the customer and I have witnessed several instances where people fudge transactions to make a number only to then have a delinquency for a resident they should have never rented to in the first place

Advice to Management

1-Train, Train and Train all of your facility based operations that are not in support especially in South Florida.
    2-Take an opportunity to meet with staff one on one to find out the real deal about what's going on and not hearing it from the same people who are causing the problems because as per them all is well meanwhile they are deteriorating the employee experience and reducing employee retention with how they treat their staff.
    3-Require your staff members to rate their managers and take periodic surveys to do temperature checks on employee morale in locations that are a bit harder for upper leadership to visit

5. "Amazing People, Amazing Atmosphere."

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Avesta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Little things that make you feel more of a family / positive atmosphere, for example: they refer to the property as "community", home office as "support", staff members are "teammates"

2. We have a "Daily Huddle" every morning, in which we go over a different company virtue, tell positive stories that relate to that virtue, and go over the day's goals. This keeps the positive atmosphere going and promotes communication between teammates.

3. They give you much more freedom and responsibility than past companies I've worked for. They make you feel like your voice matters and it seems that they promote from within and there is a lot of room for growth.

Cons

1. They provide NO training. I mean, ZERO training. If you are not a fast learner and/or cannot self-teach, this is NOT the job for you. They provide you with "Avesta Blueprints" which is basically a how-to guide on how to do a lot of things, but definitely not EVERYTHING you need to know. And, although they like to call home office "Support" it often feels like support is exactly what is lacking when you are a new employee with no training, no knowledge of the company's policies, etc. and are looking for help.

Advice to Management

TRAIN YOUR EMPLOYEES. Require that they go through some type of training before taking on brand new people and just throwing them to the wolves. Have long-time Avesta employees take the time to sit down with people and show them how to use your computer systems, teach them about Avesta policies, etc.

6. "Leasing Agent"

I worked at Avesta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company Events used to be awesome.

Cons

They wont tell you what are you doing wrong they will fired with out warning.

"Great company, Great teammates."

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Avesta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Resources, Avesta has given me any resources that i might have needed to complete the task.
    Teammates, The teammates at Avesta are at the top of the top. They are willing to help anyone out no matter the position or community.
    At Avesta, we are not just teammate but we are a tight family, that want to fill the world with community where resident can live abundantly and enjoy their apartment homes.

Cons

I have been working at Avesta around a year now and i can say proudly, that we have Nothing but the best and most helpful people here at Avesta!

"BEWARE THE BOYS CLUB AND THE SHAM THAT IS AVESTA"

I worked at Avesta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met some very talented worked in the field offices.

Cons

The list can go on and on. Upper management has the boys club and if you do not fall in their way of thinking and working you are quietly axed. If a male member of Avesta is not performing they MUST be coached. If a female is not performing she MUST be replaced. I witnessed a great deal of poor professional behavior and do not believe it will ever be corrected because they simply do not care. They call you and tell you how to rate the company so they can get bogus wonderful reviews as employer of the year or top rated employer.

Advice to Management

Realize you are operating wrong. Admit your mistakes, correct your mistakes and try to be better people. While your shameless self promotion and false employer appraisals will fool some of the people, eventually it will all catch up to you. How many lawsuits have you quietly settled? I don't see you advertising them. Stop the lies!

9. "Fake Avesta Reviews"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Avesta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really none for the long term. The Avesta reviews are mandatory for employees to write and they are instructed to have their friends, family and even residents write great reviews for them. Avesta is a TOTAL SHAM!

Cons

It would take a novella to write every negative thing about this deceptive bunch of immature and greedy boys who run this company.

Advice to Management

GROW UP and BECOME A REAL, RESPECTABLE COMPANY, you are not fooling anyone who has ever worked for you! The people who do work for you, talk about you all the time and they are only there because they are too insecure to find a real job.

10. "Dumps"

Former Employee - Maintenance Manager in Palm Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Maintenance Manager in Palm Springs, FL

I worked at Avesta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met some tremendous people that worked on site. Daily huddle is a smart way to start everyday!!

Cons

Worst rat and roach infested communities ever!! Upper mgmt. are a bunch of boys that grew up together and no nothing about property management. Most are very very young.

Advice to Management

Train your employees. Learn more about the properties that you buy!!\