Avesta Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Avesta Managing Director Bert de Alejo
Bert de Alejo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is a fast paced, high energy environment with excellent growth potential if you are willing to put in the work (in 6 reviews)

• A fun,efficient and productive work environment (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • are a bunch of boys that grew up together and no nothing about property management (in 3 reviews)

• A lot of work and a lot of change, it's important you are disciplined with how you manage your workflow (in 2 reviews)

"Director"

I have been working at Avesta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Avesta is a great place to work. Teammates are like family and there is a lot of opportunity for growth. We are also very resident focused, which drives all of our decisions.

Cons

We are growing at a very fast rate, which creates a large work load for our teammates. But, we are all very dedicated to the mission and vision of Avesta and are excited to see where this goes.

Advice to Management

Continue working with residents, vendors, investors, and our neighbors in a collaborative approach to create the worlds most resident-focused communities.

2. "mgmt"

I worked at Avesta full-time

Pros

Oh boy not sure if there were any...

Cons

They are under some evil spell thinking that if they say they are wonderful then people will believe it. they have the "values" they preach every day and run behind them but dont live by them. A bunch of college kids that have no clue how to run a property management company they have a club of millenial idiots aka educated but not on life they think working ideas from their hip or after puounding a few drinks is a way to run a business with no idea what is takes to be honorable, they dont work smart they work stupid. They have a couple groups that commingle together ou have the mean girls and wanna be man club, phony empty souls work for Avesta. There are a handful of people that do work there they did drink the Kool - Aid and really want this to be the best place to work and like victims of Scientology I am sure you will eventually see how wrong the enviroment is.

Advice to Management

Sell the company find a new hobby.

3. "Users"

Former Employee - Pawn in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Pawn in Tampa, FL

I worked at Avesta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None, none, none...made me use 5 words

Cons

You must be young, you must be pretty, you must want to join the "boys club", you must know nothing about property management, helpful if you worked a cosmetic counter. In other words, stay away.

Advice to Management

Get some

"Avesta has been such a great company to work for! Each and every teammate was a pleasure to work with!"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at Avesta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, teammates and residents become "family", awesome benefits, great "support" from all levels including upper management, Avesta events, Bonuses!

Cons

I don't have any cons. I had great experiences and met awesome people! I will miss all of my Avesta family! I would have never left if the company was in Boston! :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You've made a huge difference on my future! Thank you!

5. "Amazing People, Amazing Atmosphere."

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Avesta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Little things that make you feel more of a family / positive atmosphere, for example: they refer to the property as "community", home office as "support", staff members are "teammates"

2. We have a "Daily Huddle" every morning, in which we go over a different company virtue, tell positive stories that relate to that virtue, and go over the day's goals. This keeps the positive atmosphere going and promotes communication between teammates.

3. They give you much more freedom and responsibility than past companies I've worked for. They make you feel like your voice matters and it seems that they promote from within and there is a lot of room for growth.

Cons

1. They provide NO training. I mean, ZERO training. If you are not a fast learner and/or cannot self-teach, this is NOT the job for you. They provide you with "Avesta Blueprints" which is basically a how-to guide on how to do a lot of things, but definitely not EVERYTHING you need to know. And, although they like to call home office "Support" it often feels like support is exactly what is lacking when you are a new employee with no training, no knowledge of the company's policies, etc. and are looking for help.

Advice to Management

TRAIN YOUR EMPLOYEES. Require that they go through some type of training before taking on brand new people and just throwing them to the wolves. Have long-time Avesta employees take the time to sit down with people and show them how to use your computer systems, teach them about Avesta policies, etc.

"I'm happy with this job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Avesta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

More responsibility than other companies give you. More work too but you get the credit for it, your not working so that your boss gets the credit.

Cons

Like I said its more work than at other companies I worked for

Advice to Management

I don't know I guess pay me more

"Regional Manager"

I worked at Avesta full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to develop and implement your skills.
    Strong support from senior management, allows you to work with confidence and implement your skills and expertise.

Cons

Not enough staff to perform work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work !

8. "Run Away Fast Avesta is a horrible place to work for because of its on site leadership"

I worked at Avesta full-time

Pros

The company has many locations

Cons

If you are seeking to work for a company that cares less about training and development for their employees who are not located in support then this is the place for you! I have never seen such unsupportive management in my life, furthermore you have leadership setting unrealistic goals never considering how the low level individuals will be impacted or even be able to fulfill goals. They ask you to do things and then they create a boat load of red tape for you to get it done such ie. firing ineffective people, spending much needed money on items, and the employee morale is insanely horrible especially in South Florida! This company is led my operations and treats our service team like trash always filtering changes through individuals that have no idea what service items need to be done and the intricacies that perhaps goes into their role. It is quite apparent that leadership is leading on a whim demonstrating that its the nature of the relationship with the individuals and whether they kiss up to you or not and not hard work and performance! If you exceed goals the company never rewards you for that instead they now hold it against you as a new benchmark. The property managers in South Florida are horrible and they are more concerned with their numbers rather than the customer and I have witnessed several instances where people fudge transactions to make a number only to then have a delinquency for a resident they should have never rented to in the first place

Advice to Management

1-Train, Train and Train all of your facility based operations that are not in support especially in South Florida.
    2-Take an opportunity to meet with staff one on one to find out the real deal about what's going on and not hearing it from the same people who are causing the problems because as per them all is well meanwhile they are deteriorating the employee experience and reducing employee retention with how they treat their staff.
    3-Require your staff members to rate their managers and take periodic surveys to do temperature checks on employee morale in locations that are a bit harder for upper leadership to visit

9. "Leasing Agent"

I worked at Avesta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company Events used to be awesome.

Cons

They wont tell you what are you doing wrong they will fired with out warning.

"Great company, Great teammates."

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Avesta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Resources, Avesta has given me any resources that i might have needed to complete the task.
    Teammates, The teammates at Avesta are at the top of the top. They are willing to help anyone out no matter the position or community.
    At Avesta, we are not just teammate but we are a tight family, that want to fill the world with community where resident can live abundantly and enjoy their apartment homes.

Cons

I have been working at Avesta around a year now and i can say proudly, that we have Nothing but the best and most helpful people here at Avesta!