Avetta Reviews

Updated May 7, 2020

3.8
Avetta President and CEO Arshad Matin
Arshad Matin
Pros
  • "I am a full time employee in my seventh year with PICS(in 23 reviews)

• "Engaging work, great people, great benefits, free snacks(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lots of growth with some accompanying growing pains(in 11 reviews)

• "PICS does provide snacks but it would be even better if they provided more healthy snack options(in 10 reviews)

"Career development at its finest"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Orem, UT

I have been working at Avetta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management truly cares about helping you succeed in your aspirations. Promotions are never promised but helping people put grow and putting themselves into better positions for consideration is a focus management has always demonstrated. This company does not demand your all, but it does demand your best. If you're goal and task oriented this would be a good match. Collaboration from within has sparked some of our best ideas. Not only through executive level collaboration, but from our entry level jobs all the way up to the top. One of the few companies I've actually enjoyed coming in to work for every day.

Cons

As with most companies that experience rapid growth, scalability and inter-departmental communication can concerning. Nothing that can't be worked through though.

Avetta2020-01-20

January 22, 2020People Operations

Thank you for your feedback and continuing to support Avetta through the growing pains! We are continuously working on improving interdepartmental communication, transparency and visibility and we hope that these efforts will bear fruit shortly. Please feel free to reach out to hr@avetta.com with any recommendations or tips on how to improve the Avetta experience for our employees.

2. "Company is fantastic, Management needs adjustment"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Orem, UT

I worked at Avetta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Avetta is one of the few, fully established companies within Utah County that's been around for 15 years plus. That in itself is an accomplishment seeing as thought the area is prime for new business start-ups. If you are seeking a company that is leading the industry and has little comparable competitors then Avetta is a great place for you. They offer great benefits and are more than stable enough to back you financially. Similarly, the SDR position in this company pays more than 55% above the industry standard. With that compensation in mind, it made sense for me to perform the grudging work of the SDR role. A lot of random pros here: Co-workers were great to work with, the product made sense and was a necessity, company provided frequent lunches, and the location in North Orem was ideal.

Cons

Avetta purchased one of its competitors a little over a year ago and is STILL trying to adjust to the changes. We received daily complaints from the end users of how poorly the online platform operated internally. Likewise, the SDR role unfortunately was negatively affected due to the management structure adjustment. For some odd reason Avetta's competitor's managers became the ones that "called the shots" when they were graciously on-boarded instead of being let go. The daily and monthly team metrics increased to unrealistic numbers, and the feel became that of a call center - driven more by quantity over quality. I felt pressured to perform in a stressful environment where the leaders seemed unavailable and somewhat aloof to help me or most of my cohorts. Nothing of what we suggested was considered by mgmt. and the lack of a solid structure for lead distribution and development didn't help much either. I think the biggest hurdle was that every time our department experienced administrative changes there was constant push back from upper mgmt. and nothing positive came as a result.

Avetta2020-05-07

May 8, 2020People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to provide such specific, well thought out feedback. This allows us to look into it and address concerns such as the ones listed above in a methodical and concrete fashion and look for way to improve. Please know that we truly appreciate all the work that you did during your time at Avetta!

"I wouldn't go back there even if they triple my salary"

1.0
    Former Employee - Compliance Specialist

I worked at Avetta full-time

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

- No work life balance - No transparency in commission paid - They will work you a ton even outside of your role scope and refuse to pay you for it - They fire people for no reason, I saw so many people getting fired - There are lots of drama going on in this company - Management is the worst.... absolutely - It all went downhill after they got bought out

Avetta2020-04-23

April 27, 2020People Operations

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. Mergers can cause some imbalance in the employee's work life, but I would like to assure you that management has worked very hard to offer support wherever possible. We are sure you provided a great service to our suppliers during your time in Customer Service with us and for that, we would like to thank you.

"Happy to work at Avetta"

5.0

I have been working at Avetta

Pros

- fun people - great product/service - benefits

Cons

- Work life balance isn’t the best

Avetta2020-01-15

January 15, 2020People Operations

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We definitely believe in work-life balance and we encourage all employees to bring it up with their managers if their workload exceeds what's realistically possible to accomplish during work hours. HR is always available to assist with workload distribution, goal setting, and realistic planning. Please feel free to reach out to hr@avetta.com and we will be more than happy to assist!

"Unorganized and Chaotic Company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Avetta full-time for more than a year

Pros

The paycheck has never bunched (yet)

Cons

The software engineering department is very unorganized and the leadership team doesn’t value people or show respect to them. Their software systems are a mess, poorly developed and extremely difficult to maintain or add functionality to them. Lack of common software processes (documentation, code freeze, QA process, deployment process, etc.), even things that seem basic just aren’t happening here. Many (myself included) are on our way out the door. Any competent engineer should steer clear of Avetta.

Avetta2020-02-16

March 11, 2020People Operations

We're sorry to hear that your experience at Avetta was not what you expected. We know that sometimes during rapid growth processes fall behind and therefore contributing to an unorganized work environment. As we scale up as a company, we will continue to do our best to provide the best work experience to our valued employees. We truly appreciate your feedback.

"Amazing growth and opportunities!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at Avetta full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company empowers its employees to take initiative and own their responsibilities. Great cooperative culture, team work, support, fun and hardworking people, fantastic leadership, inclusivity and transparency in decision making, high internal promotion rate, better than average pay and benefits, lots of perks.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment!

Avetta2019-10-21

October 22, 2019People Operations

Thanks for your feedback. The future is so bright with Avetta!

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Orem, UT

I have been working at Avetta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great working environment, amazing people to work with, very diverse company. Upper management is always there and ready to help.

Cons

With many changes it can get chaotic at some point.

Avetta2019-10-19

October 22, 2019People Operations

Change is always hard when the company is moving so quickly. We are always open to constructive feedback to help minimize the growing pains. Please feel free to reach out to your management or HR. We are glad you are having such a great experience with Avetta!

"They were a decent company with many years experience."

4.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Avetta full-time

Pros

Everyone is super nice and welcoming to the company. Fast-paced and fun.

Cons

Newer company and some things need to be ironed out with better training.

Avetta2019-10-01

October 2, 2019People Operations

Thanks for leaving your feedback. We're glad you had a good experience working at Avetta. We hope you shared any concerns regarding training with management. That gives them the opportunity to tweak things and make improvements to the training process. We're always looking for ways to become even better!

"Mixed Bag"

Current Employee - Client Success in Orem, UT

I have been working at Avetta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Avetta has a clear commitment to giving comprehensive benefits and ensuring an amenity filled work place with some levels of flexibility depending on position. They've spent a lot of time and resources on making their product user friendly and function properly. Product delivery is a high priority. Compensation is comparable or even slightly better than many similar companies / platforms.

Cons

-As a whole the company is very disorganized -Low upward mobility -Supervisors and bosses are difficult to connect with and are not invested in their subordinates -Management has a lot of cooks in the kitchen, hence messaging is inconsistent and in constant flux

Avetta2019-10-16

October 22, 2019People Operations

We're sorry that your experience hasn't been as good as it can be. Over the last 12 months, 22% of our internal workforce has received promotions so the opportunities are there. If you would like to learn more about potential opportunities or what you can do to prepare to move within the company, please reach out to HR or Talent Acquisition. We'd love to talk to you!

"Great Culture, Exciting Growth"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Avetta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Avetta has a great corporate culture and management has done a wonderful job at making me feel like a part of that culture as a remote employee. The level of growth the company is experiencing is exciting and everyone here should feel that they are a part of something big. It was a relief to see a cooperative sales community that shares best practices as appose to the cut-throat environment I had experienced at the huge tech company I was previously working with.

Cons

Lack of structure in training and on-boarding.

Avetta2019-09-20

September 25, 2019People Operations

We're glad you are liking the collaborative Avetta culture. It is exciting and fun to be part of something big that is making such a positive impact on the lives of so many people! It is very unfortunate that your onboarding and training experience haven't gone as well. If you have specific feedback to share, we'd love to hear it. Please reach out to HR/People Ops team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 214 Reviews