Aviation Institute Of Maintenance Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gerald Yagen

1. "No growth and no respect"

I have been working at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only thing that is a pro about this company is that we help change people's lives.

Cons

Management talks down to people and belittles them. There is no room for growth with the company and the pay is horrible. They do not compensate or appreciate their employees. The hours are ridiculous. The benefits are a joke

Advice to Management

Stop trying to belittle people and pay them a fair salary and stop showing favoritism. Have decency and courtesy of people.

2. "Admissions Rep"

I worked at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance full-time

Pros

good pay for young adult

Cons

trying to convince students to move out of state to enroll them in to a college that has no dorms.

Advice to Management

better training

3. "School review ******* something's wrong"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance part-time

Pros

Good intentions but bad quality

Cons

I've attended the aviation institute of maintenance in Chesapeake Virginia for about 7 months now. I'm prior military looking to obtain my A&P license. This school talks a big game in their commercials (tv& radio) but finally attending The you are instantly disappointed from the appearance of the assablishment to the personalities of the instructors. This school charges my Hard earned GI bill around 43,000$ for a period of 22 months. Not a day goes by in this institute that I'm not disgusted about nermerous qualities about the school. From the second you pull up to the school which is an old food lion building, you see and hear your vehicular about to fall apart from the pot holes and missing payvment in the parking lot, there is no parking lines in the lot so vehiculs are parked everywhere. Inside the school doesn't look too bad but in the class rooms they have holes covered with paper and chacks covered with pictures. The material privided by the school is issued by entitled instructors who talk down to student and have ZERO interest in teaching. I've sat in class rooms and watch altercations go down between student and instructed instigated by the instructor. Fowl language and inapropriate jokes are exchanged by the instructors and it's is constantly said by the instructors that the school can not afford to provid material to properly teach the class. Something is wrong with this school and too much money is vanishing because it's clearly not in the quality of the school

Advice to Management

Something is wrong here

"AIM"

I worked at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance full-time

Pros

Flexibility with employee work schedules.

Cons

Low wages and short staffing

Advice to Management

Increase salaries for the staff. Have meetings with staff from the various campuses to determine the challenges and obstacles.

6. "Admissions Advisor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved working directly with students.

Cons

The management team needed more structure.

7. "DO NOT WORK HERE."

Former Employee - Avionics/Electronics Instructor in Willingboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Avionics/Electronics Instructor in Willingboro, NJ

I worked at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was an instructor there, many instructors there very friendly despite what they have to go through working there..

Cons

Pay is lousy, job is insecure, you are lucky if you survive provided the "Students" they recruit into that..."School" if A student had a pulse, they'd get a loan somehow for him/her, it felt wrong working there, corrupt-especially the last 2 years working there, they were even getting students that would NEVER be able to touch a plane legally because of their criminal background, They would keep a student there as long as they could,-didn't matter if they were passing or not... This place is greed and numbers driven.. As matter of fact, I intend on giving the FAA my perspective of what has gone on there one I have time.

Advice to Management

I have no more advice-they won't follow it.

8. "Great students"

Pros

Great students to work with

Cons

Poor management due to lack of admitting times have cheated.

Advice to Management

This is not the 70s

9. "Admission Rep"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I have been working at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They sale a great product that could benefit alot of people.

Cons

The pay is horrible, the management is even worst. They treat the admissions staff like they are just replaceable.

10. "Administration"

I have been working at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance full-time

Pros

Hardly any. The staff on the school level seem reasonable and level-headed. Which is crazy considering directors net over 65k, while the drones make 30, which is STILL well below the industry standard.

Cons

WELL below the industry standard when it comes to pay. It hurts my mind to see millions of dollars pour into a school to just go straight to the top of the ladder and not trickle down to the people that actually bring the folks in.

I can't believe I still work here.

Advice to Management

The reason AIM has the highest turnover of any trade school, is the abysmal morale which comes from corporate micromanagement, and low pay.

Business 101 says that more pay, equals higher morale, which equals increased productivity, which finally results in more MONEY all around. Idiots.

11. "Student Representative"

Former Employee - Student Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Student Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working this company, and my only regret is not being able to continue my employment there.

Cons

There were not any cons.