Want a Free Job Posting?

Avid Identification Systems Reviews

1 review filtered by
  • Any Status

1. Working harder or going the extra mile doesn't get you anything.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norco, CA

I have been working at Avid Identification Systems full-time (More than a year)

The idea behind the company and product is really admirable. It's really easy to ask for time off once you've started but don't say you have a day you need off during the interview, just ask for it later. You get to be really good friends with co-workers and some supervisors. Paid training. Lots of company BBQs in-house.

Behind on the times! Some of our equipment can't be used unless you're running Windows 95. A lot of our machines (scanners, copy machines, PCs, etc.) is second hand and constantly breaks down but they won't pay for a new one. Phones are brand new but are constantly down. Training seems like its great while you're in it, but once you start the real work, you're not prepared for anything. If you go the extra mile for customers or even just to make sure things are done right, you'll get told that you're wasting time. Starting out, you get minimum wage. This is the first year they've done employee reviews since I've been there and there was a couple-dimes raise but it doesn't seem like there is going to be another one (I think it was only because minimum wage went up). I've been told not to ask the manager anything, just my immediate supervisors. There is no sick time or vacation time. Because everything is so poorly run, you get to hear about it from the customers who unfortunately get to feel the effects of it. Supervisors will generally give you solutions that are easy rather than what is right for the customer. No room for advancement. Extremely high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

The wages provided are incredibly low compared to most call centers, that's probably why you can't hold on to employees for very long. Instead of doing things the easy way to work on the next problem quickly, you'd have more satisfied customers if you were honest and went the extra mile for them. Spend the extra money to have equipment you know is going to work and you're employees wouldn't be wasting time doing things the slow way or having to wait for it to be fixed.

RSS Feed </> Embed