Avid Technology Senior Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 11 reviews

1.3
Avid Technology CEO Jeff Rosica
Jeff Rosica
  1. "Great teams, leadership getting better!"

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The coworkers and teams are great, many smart and creative people. Avid products are way cool and it makes me proud to work on them. Products, industry and customer base are top notch, demanding and exciting. There is finally leadership in the top ranks and a clear vision and goal for the company. Avid is finally changing - moving and aligning towards the vision of Avid Everywhere.

Cons

Too many things are "top priority" at the same time, no focus. CEO vision is clear, but I can't feel it in the management below. Lack of communication between organizations.

Advice to Management

Make company management buy into the vision and lead accordingly. Do more for your employees, establish career paths and invest into your loyal employee base.

Avid Technology2015-01-23

"Nobody uses Media Composer anymore"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really nice office space and awards on display

Cons

Board chose current nice-guy CEO after last CEO was fired for "misconduct". The new CEO has been at Avid for more than five years though and supported last CEO the entire time. He presided as the head of Sales and Marketing over the Avid's largest and most accelerated decline in sales. Rest of the the executive team (CPO, CLO) and middle-management have all been there forever and don't know how to reverse the decline....

Advice to Management

Hire new people outside of the industry. Older, male hardware employees dominate the culture. If you're in your 40s at Avid, you're considered young.

Avid Technology2018-10-05

"Going downhill fast,,,"

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time

Pros

Lot of very smart people on staff Challenging work Up to date technology in most cases

Cons

Poor management can't think outside the box Politics are brutal as managers are scarred to death of the executive leadership team Brutal work hours-expect 55+ hour weeks for most of the Used to be a really fun, creative place to work but in last 2 years has really gone downhill

Advice to Management

Be honest with the employees if you must have rolling layoffs explain why When you have good employees think about re-assigning them to crucial projects instead of letting them go Moving jobs to FL isn't really working for those left behind who are already over-worked

Avid Technology2016-08-30

"Best products, best customers, poorly managed company."

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Our customers make the most impressive entertainment in the world. Almost all of the top films and music are created with our technology. Our products are all excellent in quality and set the standard in our industries.

Cons

Constant changes in management are as massive problem. Very little opportunity for career growth and a highly politicized working environment make this a tough company to work for.

Advice to Management

Listen to our customers more. Treat your talent better. Keep making great products.

Avid Technology2016-01-05

"Difficult Times, Lots of Attrition in the Workforce"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cool Technology, Smart People, Somewhat Flexible Schedule

Cons

Lots of Finger Pointing, Broken Processes, Poor Commercialization of Efforts

Advice to Management

Value and inspire your employees since they are vital to executing on the vision

Avid Technology2015-10-12

"Vision is solid, CEO is loathed by industry and employees"

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

CEO Louis has a vision, and that's something. The industry is cool. Some of the people are smart and innovative in engineering.

Cons

CEO ability to execute/implement the vision is the real question. Employees are simply a "resource" and there is zero loyalty from any level of management. Most management is poisoned by severe politics and acidic attitude trickling down from CEO down. The company appears to have bounced back, but they were at the bottom, so not much to bounce from. Company is burning through cash at record levels leaving them no buffer...

Advice to Management

Since you are the problem, advice is wasted. Louis, is a completely self-serving guy. There's nothing genuine about him. He self-published a book, so what, so do 12 year olds these days. Nobody is reading it! He thinks he's a thought leader and mentor, guess again!? Louis, just because you are rolling in money and pulling down 6.5 million/year doesn't make you better than everyone. Actually, in your case it makes...

Avid Technology2015-04-21

"Once full of potential and opportunity, no longer positioned to lead industry"

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Comp is fair They invest in their personnel with training a few very dedicated and talented contributors spread throughout the organization they value process

Cons

management layers are dense decision making process is slow and very bureaucratic executive leadership is out of touch, disconnected from the realities of the products, customer and markets one size fits all approach to managing almost everything in the organization limits everyone's ability to be effective shared services model for hardware engineering is dysfunctional

Advice to Management

Step aside.

Avid Technology2013-02-01
  8. "Good balance, relaxed environment"

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with, very good life-work balance, great cafeteria, free gym 24X7

Cons

This is a difficult time for the company, too many changes leading to too many layoffs. Processes are not well defined/enforced leading to confusions and inefficiencies (many areas of opportunity)

Advice to Management

From my point of view, there was not enough governance. The company over-spends at times when it should be cutting costs.

Avid Technology2012-09-12

"How to ruin a company in few simple steps"

Current Employee - Senior Manager Customer Care in Tel Aviv-Yafo

I have been working at Avid Technology for more than a year

Pros

International experience Quality people Interesting products Challenging Dynamic env

Cons

No sentiments no respect to employees no appreciation of years of loyal service low salaries no visible future CEO who sees only his own benefits

Advice to Management

Urgently start thinking about the people !!!

Avid Technology2016-07-10

"Working at Avid"

Current Employee - Human Resources Senior Manager in Manila, Manila

I have been working at Avid Technology

Pros

Keeping employees informed of the overall business roadmap - where the Company is heading to and it's status is something i admire very much about AVID. This is very helpful especially with the Transformation that the Company is going through right now, i have a better understanding why the Company needs to make tough decisions, it gives me a glimpse of what's in it for me, my team and my site, no surprises. and the...

Cons

if you cannot keep up with a fast-paced environment, AVID is not for you!

Advice to Management

Let's continue the transparency and open communication with Employees.

Avid Technology2016-06-06