Avid Technology "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor

Avid Technology Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Jun 14, 2019

Found 474 reviews

Avid Technology CEO Jeff Rosica
Jeff Rosica
Pros
Cons
  • "Many coworkers expressed negative opinions regarding upper management(in 47 reviews)

• "Senior management set the goal in outer space to they could pay people next to nothing(in 23 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews

"still a fan but need improvement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Avid Technology for more than 5 years

Pros

- Had fantastic direct managers who exposed me to many different things - Learned a lot while I was there - Worked with a lot of great people - Product is cool

Cons

- Has been stagnant and shrinking consistently - Product offering lacking focus and unclear value proposition - Operates like a big company while it is shrinking - No loyalty to long-time employees - Too many legacy processes that rely on tribal knowledge to survive

Avid Technology2018-08-16

"Product Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and great products.

Cons

Layoffs within the company became inevitable.

Avid Technology2018-03-27

"Poor upper management and slow career growth"

I worked at Avid Technology full-time

Pros

Some great people to work with, flexible hours, and cool products, especially if you're a musician.

Cons

Compared to Silicon Valley companies, they were fairly low on perks. Career growth seemed difficult and upper management seemed poor. I know someone who has been there for quite a while and has not been promoted or been given decent wage increases to combat the ever increasing cost of living in the bay area. I was in a town hall meeting once where an upper manager was basically yelling at an employee and trying to bully...

Advice to Management

Replace the CEO with a new one that employees will trust and get some good management and flatten the hierarchy.

Avid Technology2018-01-02

"Avid technology"

Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Burlington, MA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very interesting products and a lot of great people.

Cons

Bad location. The current management team is more interested in the stock price rather than employees.

Advice to Management

Focus more on employees.

Avid Technology2018-02-13

"Fake Reviews Ring Hollow Now that CEO is fired"

I worked at Avid Technology full-time

Pros

Great people in the ranks Great technology - but falling behind Great industry with interesting customers

Cons

No commitment to investing in product innovation / excellence Financially shaping the business the cost cutting measures and lack of investment Unrealistic goals and complete lack of accountability other than the sales team Terrible culture with no development opportunities for employees Recent positive reviews are not real so do your homework before considering joining Avid

Advice to Management

Get as far away from the Louis Hernandez Jr. culture as quickly as possible and get back to being an industry innovator and thought leader. Stop lying to your customers, treat them well and make them want to be partners with you. Hold all teams accountable to the company's success.

Avid Technology2018-02-27

"Great People, Unethical ELT"

I have been working at Avid Technology

Pros

A vast majority of the daily grind employees are great people, that are driven and want to make a great product. The customers are some of the most exciting clients I've worked with in my career. Avid is still a name that has clout in the industry, even with the best efforts of the executive leadership team to tarnish it.

Cons

Understaffing and lack of focus has sent many great people for the doors. I don't know a single person on my level (including myself) that hasn't been looking for another job. Product teams have been lost under a new CPO who doesn't have the vision or the clout to stand up to the CEO. Makes it very hard for pre-sales to do their jobs.

Advice to Management

Focus less on writing fake reviews on glassdoor.com and more on your employees. Everyone is afraid of the next downsizing.

Avid Technology2016-05-25

"Entertainment/Media/Broadcast industry is really cool, so are the products and the people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Avid Technology for more than 3 years

Pros

Great products, great people, very cool industry, competitive salary, good work life balance

Cons

Avid's transformation is a bit challenging but it is going to make is stronger and healthier for the future

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and we'll come out on top

Avid Technology2016-06-10

"Horrible Leadership top to bottom"

Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people, best in the field. Industry leaders

Cons

Avid has had a series of misguided leadership teams that has completely ignored the business we are privileged to serve. They have no idea how to deliver industry leading products to the customers. Instead, the only thing they know is data and spreadsheets. No plan for product improvement or delivery to market. Terrible communications internally and a general sense of a rudderless ship. Do not believe the fake reviews...

Advice to Management

Learn the business you are in, not the MBA processes you brought from other companies. Listen to the people who have made this company successful for so many years (If there are any left)

Avid Technology2016-06-08

"Great Products & People, Management Out of Touch"

Former Employee - Senior Software Architect in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Avid has extremely interesting products and great people on technical and support staff. I had a generally good and enjoyable work experience there.

Cons

Constant threat of layoffs. There were layoffs 4 out of the 5 years I was there, some drastic. Even when there were no layoffs, key people would leave because they cannot take the risk of working there.

Advice to Management

Split Avid into 3 main components - audio products, video products, and storage - then sell them off to companies who know and care about these areas.

Avid Technology2016-04-12

"More Good than Bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The best thing about Avid is the great products, followed closely by great people. I am consistently impressed by my colleagues who are for the most part smart, dedicated, interesting people. It also doesn't hurt to be in an entertainment industry adjacent company - walking into the office past a couple of Oscars is just cool no matter how you slice it.

Cons

The company has gone through a lot of change and turmoil and the numbers haven't been consistently good. This leads to job insecurity and low morale of course and sometimes it can seem like the changes will never stop. I'm not convinced that is unique to Avid. I think most technology companies are like this. The CEO is not the warmest person and I know a lot of old-timer employees miss the sunny David Krall disposition,...

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the morale issues and keep up the frank information about change and plans.

Avid Technology2016-04-11