Avid Technology "great products" Reviews | Glassdoor

Avid Technology Employee Reviews about "great products"

Updated Jun 14, 2019

Found 474 reviews

Avid Technology CEO Jeff Rosica
Jeff Rosica
Pros
Cons
  • "Many coworkers expressed negative opinions regarding upper management(in 47 reviews)

• "Senior management set the goal in outer space to they could pay people next to nothing(in 23 reviews)

Reviews about "great products"

Return to all Reviews

"Has a lot of potential but disorganized"

Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Room to grow, great product, very smart people

Cons

Disorganized, financially compromised, low morale

Advice to Management

Talk to employees. Take into consideration their feedback, and do not lay off people unless you absolutely have to.

Avid Technology2018-07-27

"Product Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and great products.

Cons

Layoffs within the company became inevitable.

Avid Technology2018-03-27

"Avid Lacks Employee Appreciation and Only Financially Focused to appear Financially Sound"

Former Employee - Management in Boston, MA

I worked at Avid Technology

Pros

Passionate and Dedicated Employees Great Products

Cons

Worst Executive Leadership in the industry Financial focus lacks innovation Company is not customer driven - driven by numbers reporting only Valuable employees are overworked and under appreciated No growth opportunities

Advice to Management

The most successful organizations value their people Success for the top level executives feels like the focus more than team success

Avid Technology2016-08-16

"Great People, Unethical ELT"

I have been working at Avid Technology

Pros

A vast majority of the daily grind employees are great people, that are driven and want to make a great product. The customers are some of the most exciting clients I've worked with in my career. Avid is still a name that has clout in the industry, even with the best efforts of the executive leadership team to tarnish it.

Cons

Understaffing and lack of focus has sent many great people for the doors. I don't know a single person on my level (including myself) that hasn't been looking for another job. Product teams have been lost under a new CPO who doesn't have the vision or the clout to stand up to the CEO. Makes it very hard for pre-sales to do their jobs.

Advice to Management

Focus less on writing fake reviews on glassdoor.com and more on your employees. Everyone is afraid of the next downsizing.

Avid Technology2016-05-25

"Employee Comp is going down hill"

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time

Pros

Really cool products, really great product/service roadmap

Cons

Operationally, Avid survives on the backs of a few very key employees. Demanding hours, global offices that require travel but must travel Economy even on 15-20 hour flights on your personal time, unclear if we are even getting raises this year despite being promised one, increases every year to health insurance costs.

Advice to Management

Cut your spending on lavish travel, offices, and accessories for the executive team

Avid Technology2016-05-24

"Entertainment/Media/Broadcast industry is really cool, so are the products and the people"

I have been working at Avid Technology for more than 3 years

Pros

Great products, great people, very cool industry, competitive salary, good work life balance

Cons

Avid's transformation is a bit challenging but it is going to make is stronger and healthier for the future

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and we'll come out on top

Avid Technology2016-06-10

"It is what you make of it"

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Household name customers Innovative Good coworkers Great product portfolio

Cons

Understaffed Urgent mindset from sales staff Customers can get their way to your detriment

Advice to Management

Slow down the urgency. Enable a happy medium between productivity and smiles by minimizing your own fears and concerns to the larger audience.

Avid Technology2016-05-23

"More Good than Bad"

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The best thing about Avid is the great products, followed closely by great people. I am consistently impressed by my colleagues who are for the most part smart, dedicated, interesting people. It also doesn't hurt to be in an entertainment industry adjacent company - walking into the office past a couple of Oscars is just cool no matter how you slice it.

Cons

The company has gone through a lot of change and turmoil and the numbers haven't been consistently good. This leads to job insecurity and low morale of course and sometimes it can seem like the changes will never stop. I'm not convinced that is unique to Avid. I think most technology companies are like this. The CEO is not the warmest person and I know a lot of old-timer employees miss the sunny David Krall disposition,...

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the morale issues and keep up the frank information about change and plans.

Avid Technology2016-04-11

"Great People, Cool Products, Bad Management/Execs, Strategy?"

Former Employee - Senior Applications Specialist in Daly City, CA

I worked at Avid Technology

Pros

Super smart, talented people, interesting products, great customers, fun industry. The legacy of Digidesign made it all worthwhile

Cons

Short sighted or inept management and strategy, poor customer service, no long-term vision or real innovation. Feels like a lost opprotunity

Advice to Management

Focus, Simplicity, focus on core values and a long term strategy of sustainable innovation and growth., Focus on rebuilding trust w/ employees and customers.

Avid Technology2016-02-22

"There's a Hole in the Hull, Captain!"

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great products to work on if you're actually in the audio or video industry. At the "worker bee" level, it's an "all-hands on deck" approach, where people pull together and bust their butts to get a new release out, partially because so many of your friends work in the business using your products to make a living. Good benefits, too, and a pretty good work/life balance (unless you were anywhere near shipping something--then...

Cons

Executives and mid-level management are incompetent at actually managing this company. Lewis Hernandez is a man with zero insight into the industry his products support, his micro-managing damages the company, and the people he has hired at the VP level have been failures. His attempt at turning Avid into a "services" company will probably fail, and Avid has also basically abandoned its mid-tier customers, and look to...

Advice to Management

Quit, or sell Avid then be made redundant. What Avid needs is leadership that understands the market Avid serves, not the ones its in which its executives were employed in their previous jobs.

Avid Technology2016-01-28