Avid4 Adventure Reviews
82% would recommend to a friend
(113 total reviews)
82% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Colorado 2021 leadership staff is absolutely amazing!" (in 6 reviews)
- "Fun activities and good coworkers" (in 5 reviews)
- "The leadership is great and the culture is fun, everyday of work." (in 4 reviews)
- "meet awesome people and have great coworkers, get to be outside all summer, well organized and run internally" (in 4 reviews)
- "Everyone I work with is kind, thoughtful and dedicated to the mission and we have a ton of fun at work." (in 3 reviews)
- "The pay could be better." (in 15 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Avid4 Adventure and is not affected by filters.
Found 113 of over 143 reviews
Updated Nov 7, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Nov 7, 2023Day Camp LeaderFormer Employee, less than 1 yearDenver, CO
Great break from the stale corporate world to get outdoors in the summer. The leadership is great and the culture is fun, everyday of work. The days are over by 3 which is also a huge plus.
The pay could be better. But you work here more for the experience, it is in pay with the summer camp industry.
- 5.0Oct 4, 2023Outdoor EducatorFormer Employee, less than 1 yearOakland, CA
I loved working here. Wonderful people, great opportunities, lots of fun.
Other locations sounded a bit more disorganized than the location I was at.
- 4.0Sep 10, 2023InstructorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBoulder, CO
Very fun and gratifying. Leadership was communicative and supporting at all steps. If you are ok with working with kids, very fun summer job.
Somewhat low pay, little room for upward movement.
- 4.0Aug 30, 2023CounselorFormer EmployeeDenver, CO
You get to spend the entire day outside every day during the summer season.
Can be long days working with kids but as long as you enjoy teaching and helping kids learn new skills it's an amazing job.
- 5.0Jul 27, 2023InstructorFormer Employee, less than 1 yearBoulder, CO
Team environment where everyone was willing to help
Driving a big trailer through the canyon was interesting
- 5.0Feb 8, 2023Manager of Talent OperationsCurrent Employee
Many places tout their culture, but Avid4 truly lives and breathes it. Full-time employees have very long tenures, there are many boomerang employees who returned for the culture, and seasonal employees come year after year. Series B corporation that truly cares about youth development, empowering and creating a safe space of BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ youth, and building an appreciation for the outdoors. Great benefits: paid parental leave, solid medical/dental/vision benefits, tons of employee reimbursements, paid professional development, wellness stipend, LOTS of PTO - way more than most companies (and employees are encouraged to take it!) In addition, staff receive volunteer benefits, use Bonusly for team recognition, can rent out camp equipment, and receive at each anniversary a stipend to purchase outdoor gear.
The base compensation is low for the Denver Metro Area but the benefits and culture make up for it
- 4.0Jul 24, 2023InstructorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearMenlo Park, CA
Far better pay than I've ever had for a camp counselor job.
Streamlined national expansion means that people in my camp were not empowered to make decisions, and decision-makers were too far away to have a real sense of what was going on.
Avid4 Adventure Reviews FAQs
Avid4 Adventure has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 143 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Avid4 Adventure to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.
82% of Avid4 Adventure employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Avid4 Adventure 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.