Cover image for AvidXchange

AvidXchange Co-Founder, Chief Executive Officer Michael Praeger
Michael Praeger

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of AvidXchange and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Great Place to Work!

Aug 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great benefits - Volunteer opportunities - Amazing culture, very friendly and supportive teammates - Flexible in terms of in person and remote work - Opportunity for growth and development - Fast pace and ever changing

Cons

- The fast pace environment may not be for everyone - With the growth of the company comes a lot of change that may not suit everyone

1 person found this review helpful

AvidXchange Response

Thanks for this great review! You listed some great pros – we love it when people call out pros like volunteer opportunities. Providing all full-time teammates with 2 paid days of volunteer time each year is one of our favorite benefits, and we are thankful for teammates like you who want to make a difference in the community. As for the cons section, you are right that we are fast-paced and high-growth, but that’s part of what makes our culture exciting! We hope you will continue to enjoy your teammate experience and enjoy all the things AvidXchange has to offer.

2. 5.0

Excellent Company

Nov 15, 2022 - Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, caring leaders, great work life balance

Cons

No cons so far, everything is satisfactory at this point

3. Join the AvidXchange team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don't Stick Around

Dec 5, 2022 - Senior Product Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can leverage the experience on my resume into something better.

Cons

There is not direction from leadership. When they mess up, they blame it on people on the ground, let folks go and eliminate positions. All the while, good roles are filled with external hire. You will be given fake promises of growth and promotions. They will string you along telling you to work better while rewarding low performers who have zero knowledge of how the company platforms actually work. Truly run be people who don't know how the company functions.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

An Objective Review

Jun 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Often I'm puzzled reading these Glassdoor reviews. Is there a moment every week where I am on the verge of putting in my resignation? Yes, there is. Often times AvidXchange is absolute chaos. But if you're working for a company that is ambitious and actually trying to change itself, when are you not going to get pushed to the breaking point every once in a while? (And no, no one is working 60+ hr weeks here.) There are high rewards and there are steep challenges to get those rewards. At our core, we're still a meritocracy. If you work hard, you will eventually be rewarded. The company makes huge strides towards culture, always tries to listen, and even though I disagree with certain policies, at least we have the dialogue that allows me to voice my disagreement. I actually think most of the frustration is people know this place could be exceptional, and they're just annoyed that we aren't quite yet on the mountaintop.

Cons

If everyone at AvidXchange pulled an equal amount of weight towards accomplishing the companies goals, we'd be unstoppable. Management, for whatever reason, allows some people to get away with not pulling equal weight and working as hard as others to the goal. Just the simple act of weeding these individuals out to relieve the stress of others who are having to pick up their slack is all that is needed to make this genuinely the best company in Charlotte to work for.

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

A Teammate-Centric Environment

Aug 8, 2022 - HR Professional
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Teammates are valued as people and not just employees - The CEO/Cofounder is a genuine person who truly cares about all teammates - Leadership has done a good job not sacrificing culture since AvidXchange went public in 2021 - There is an abundance of learning & development tools (LinkedIn Learning, Microsoft Certifications, tuition reimbursement, etc.) available for teammates who are passionate about growing - Work/Life balance is great - All teammates are encouraged to bring new ideas to the table, regardless of job title and diverse perspectives are welcomed - People are friendly and will go out of their way to help you or at a minimum will point you in the right direction - Teammates are encouraged to be their authentic selves at work - Performance-driven culture that rewards you based on your impact, not your seniority - The Total Rewards team consistently asks for feedback on benefits and acts on the feedback.

Cons

- It is not the best environment for anyone who struggles with ambiguity and autonomy - Onboarding has improved tremendously in recent years, but there is still room for improvement in onboarding and enabling remote teammates

1 person found this review helpful

AvidXchange Response

Thanks so much for this review – it’s detailed and really helpful. We love our CEO and Co-founder – you’re right, he’s super genuine and really cares about teammates. He really thinks about teammates on a daily basis and what he can do to positively impact their lives. Thanks for calling out the learning a development tools. Resources like LinkedIn Learning and Microsoft Certifications can help teammates gain valuable skills that really make a difference in their careers and lives. Work/life balance, helpful teammates, and being able to bring your authentic self to work are all great callouts, so thanks for the positive words. We do have some ambiguity in our business, but with ambiguity and autonomy comes opportunity to trailblaze, share new ideas, problem solve and grow. Thanks for your note on onboarding – getting that right is important so we will pass this anonymous feedback along. Thanks again for this great review. We hope you continue to enjoy your experience as an AvidXer!

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Moved On

Dec 5, 2022 - Product Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I learned more about invoicing and payments.

Cons

I cannot stress how much the direction is totally lacking. Senior leaders are very bad at understanding what the company should be doing. When they get it wrong, they blame those working on the ground. Then they bring in their friends from previous companies to fill good roles instead of considering you for promotion.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

New Hire - New Passion - New Company

Aug 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I moved to AvidXchange from another larger company in the CLT area and was skeptical at first if the workplace culture was as good as the careers page, and my HR rep made it seem, and after being on the team for just over a month I can tell you, IT IS!!!!! I now know I made the right choice to change and if you are thinking about it, should too. The DI&B (diversity, inclusion, and belonging) team has made something for everyone and the meet-up groups are always hosting an event. The office building has a kitchen on every floor and a small convenience store on the first floor for drinks and snacks. The building also has a basketball court, gym, and game room. These added features make it a great place to be every day!

Cons

Some departments have a lot of red tape and need approvals from many different people, so it's sometimes hard to get things approved or done quickly. Management has noticed and is fixing some of the issues.

AvidXchange Response

Thank you for the time you took to write such a thoughtful review! We are over the moon that you’re having such a good experience. You listed some of our favorite perks – from the tangible like the in-office convenience store and our gym, to the more intangible like our inclusive environment and feeling of belonging. We are really proud of the spaces we’ve created for teammates. We’re glad to see that you raised your hand about the challenges you were facing and that management is taking action to help make the process smoother. Thanks again for your review, and keep the positivity coming!

9. 5.0

Believe in Your Leadership

Oct 19, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing public company with opportunities to share in the company’s profits. There is a core group of highly experienced people within the organization that regularly share knowledge and teach others. The organization is very communicative, and there are a ton of resources that make it easy to learn about the company’s structure, technologies, and product offerings. A variety of technologies and initiatives exist that should appeal to any interested engineer. The company has been making great strides with their screening and interviewing process, ensuring that we are hiring capable people. Work-life balance is a priority. Pay actually seems decent and the company is proactive with anticipating increases to cost of living. They are also working all the time to add incentives and become more competitive so we can attract and retain great people. There is a legitimate sense that leadership is actively steering the ship, adjusting strategies and reinforcing what’s working. The culture is remaining intact even with the growth, and it’s a great culture. Leadership is filled with genuine people who have engaging personalities that are legitimately inspiring. When I first started, I ran into Mike Praeger (our CEO) by the elevators, and he had his hands full. Not immediately realizing it, I automatically offered my hand for a handshake and introduced myself. He shifted his computer and documents, moved his coffee cup so he held it in his teeth, and freed up his hand to shake mine, and then welcomed me to the company. I felt a little silly for putting him in that situation, but what a great gesture and demonstration of his willingness to inconvenience himself for the sake of welcoming somebody new.

Cons

As with any growing company, Avid is experiencing growing pains. Going public has brought with it changing expectations, changing priorities, and a bit of disorganization in the wake of so much growth, but it provides real opportunity for dynamic, ambitious new people who want to make their mark in a fast-growing company. More experienced team members have difficulty getting freed up enough to mentor and train others. But it should be mentioned that the company’s leadership is taking active steps to carve out opportunities for new team members to engage in programs that offer mentorship, and those programs will inevitably free up the veterans, so they have more time to invest in home-grown talent. North Carolina is ranked as the worst state to work in Oxfam's 2022 list of Best and Worst States to Work in America, and Avid’s HQ is in Charlotte—however, I think that for being in the worst state, Avid has done a remarkable job of prioritizing employee satisfaction. PTO is use it or lose it, which means that it’s kind of like a ghost town around here during the month of December.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don't Stick Around Too Long

Dec 4, 2022 - Product Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you need experience in Invoice or Payments you can start here.

Cons

Growth is limited. You will work a hard as possible. Leadership will treat you like you're a joke. You will work for Directors and VP's you do not even know how the rails of the company work.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company culture I've ever experiences

Aug 18, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Avid lives up to the culture values they promote. The culture is inclusive. There are many active meetups and company facilitated dialogue for under-represented groups. It's welcoming and supportive, we are encouraged to be authentic and feel comfortable being ourselves at work. Personally, family time is very important to me and I was concerned about taking a director level role because I assumed after-hours would be expected. However, I set clear boundaries about being available for my family and everyone has respected that.

Cons

Avid is growing fast and things change often because of that. Many people get frustrated by this. I think if you're the type of person that doesn't like change, you may get frustrated (unless you specifically are in a process oriented roll). If you're the type of person willing to take ownership of their work, solve problems, and make a name for yourself - you're going to thrive.

AvidXchange Response

Thanks for this awesome review. We wholeheartedly agree – the inclusive culture and work/life balance make AvidXchange a great place to work. And you are right about change. We are a fast-growing company that just went public, so change has been a constant recently. But to your point, our teammates who embrace change and work to find solutions typically enjoy their time here! Thanks again for your review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 493 Reviews
</>Embed

AvidXchange Reviews FAQs

AvidXchange has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 525 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at AvidXchange to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, AvidXchange employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at AvidXchange. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

70% of AvidXchange employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AvidXchange 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at AvidXchange to be benefits, career development, culture and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with AvidXchange Job Seekers