AvidXchange Reviews

Current Employee, more than 3 years

High-growth

Feb 12, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being a private company, you have the ability to get involved with many projects you think will benefit the org. The culture is amazing. Pays pretty well. And if you are local to Charlotte, the HQ campus is a great environment to work in.

Cons

Being a high growth company, there are many pressures on goals. There are also a lot of growing pains regarding cross functional collaboration towards moving the needle on some projects. But the exposure to these high growing pains are super unique. Not many companies of this size have ever existed. So take all the learnings you can. Must be an out of the box thinker and leader if you want to excel.

1 person found this review helpful

AvidXchange Talent Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are glad to hear that you’ve had a positive experience. We acknowledge that AvidXchange can be a rapidly changing environment and with that, we do experience growing pains. To your point, we embrace a growth mindset and want all of our teammates to be relentless in solving problems while remaining continuous learners as we fuel our need to scale and improve. Thanks for being a part of the AvidXchange team!

2. 4.0

Growing fast

Sep 12, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people work here. I have made some great friendships in my time here. I was able to grow my skill set and really build my resume. The pay is good if you're not being overworked and are salary. The office has some pretty amazing views. There is a massive amount of talent at Avid and they really invest in their employees.

Cons

The large amount of growth in a short amount of time has put pressure on certain departments. That pressure will hopefully one day create a diamond, today is not that day. Communication between departments can be unpleasant and create rifts when you aren't fighting for the same thing, customer satisfaction. There is a lack of resources in place to have resolution but hopefully that changes soon with all of the changes and growth.

Avid Talent Team

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time while working in our Salt Lake City office and appreciate your advisement on the remote site experience, as we strive to ensure all sites and teammates feel supported. We acknowledge we must continue to be intentional in our communication efforts as we continue to grow our site footprint. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

AvidXChange

Sep 13, 2020 - Payment Representative in Sandy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Schedule, not 100% customer service role.

Cons

This company does not care about its employees. They used to, but recently they've stopped.

2 people found this review helpful

AvidXchange Talent Team

Thank you for your feedback. We believe our teammates are our secret sauce and strive to keep the teammate experience at the forefront of all that we do. We regret to hear that your experience did not reflect that over your short tenure with us. We wish you future success.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Jul 6, 2020 - Business Development
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, teammates, opportunities for growth

Cons

Change in leadership, fast-paced, change in priorities

AvidXchange Talent Team

We appreciate you sharing your experience. We acknowledge that we are growing and evolving and we pride ourselves on being proactive forward thinkers who thrive on continuous transformation. Please continue sharing feedback with us. Thank you for being a part of the team!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company!

May 28, 2020 - Instructional Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

AvidXchange has provided me with a lot of opportunity and the freedom to be innovative in my role. A big pro for me personally has been the work-life balance.

Cons

Quick growing company may not be for everybody.

AvidXchange Talent Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Much of what you've stated is central to who we are. We pride ourselves on being disruptors who thrive on change and drive results and recognize that it's not for everyone. Please continue to share your feedback and we wish you continued success!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Such an amazing company to work for.

Apr 26, 2020 - Product Owner in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

They actually care about you as a person and will do amazing things to keep you progressing in your career.

Cons

Changes to the business are made frequently. They are for our betterment, but change scares people.

AvidXchange Talent Team

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We acknowledge that we are growing and evolving and with that, remain relentless in solving problems and driving results. We also know that we've set the bar high and that we still have work to do. Each day represents an opportunity for all of us as teammates to collaborate, push forward and be that much better. Please continue to share your feedback with us. Thank you for all that you do!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

We are all rowing in the same direction

Sep 5, 2019 - Director in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The group that I am in has a culture where you are allowed and motivated to think outside of the box and fail as long as you learn from your failures. I feel full support from my leadership and empowered to solve complex problems in the best way I see fit. My leader prioritizes my personal and professional development. I am surrounded by teammates eager to come to work and help our company reach the goals we have set out for ourselves. I also understand how my role contributes directly to our company's success which makes me excited to come to work. This company is and will continue to be successful because of how it prioritizes the treatment of teammates and its focus on making data based decisions. They have invested in a business analytics team that allows us to identify potential pitfalls and course correct. More so now than in any time in the past two years, it feels like we are all rowing in the same direction.

Cons

Software still needs significant improvements to bring reliability to levels our customers expect.

Avid Talent Team

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. Our leadership teams continue to make intentional decisions around the strategic vision of our company which includes software and technology needs. We hope you’ll continue to find ways to ensure we are rowing in the right direction and provide feedback when you see otherwise. Thank you for being a part of the AvidXchange team!

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Stay Away! Don't believe anything they tell you!

Feb 3, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Thera no pros, just skip this one!

Cons

Management is terrible! They treat employees with disrespect. Supervisors quit or get fired left and right. They never do what they say. The are winging it all the time. They cover a hole by uncovering another hole. HR is incompetent. They used to not have an HR dpt and they recently added it and the people there have no idea what's going on and aren't there for the people. Be careful what you say to them because they use everything against you. This place is so cut throat. The clear definition of dog eat dog, do NOT trust anyone! Their support department is lacking, they need people but wouldn't hire them and the little people they have are extremely rude to customers and even employees. They overwork you like no other company. Management is on meetings 24/7 and provide no support to employees.

10 people found this review helpful

AvidXchange Talent Team

We always hate to hear when a teammate shares their experience and it does not match their expectations. One of our top five strategic objectives for the company is to create a great place to work. We have high aspirations about what that looks like and would certainly admit that we are at varying levels of achievement. Our Talent Team, which was formed six years ago, partners with each Leader to ensure our great place to work objective comes to life throughout the company. The feedback and engagement of all teammates is central to our success. We wish you all the best.

9. 1.0

Low pay good balance

Sep 24, 2020 - Sales Supervisor in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance was good and most of the people were nice.

Cons

The pay was horrible and there was always drama.

2 people found this review helpful

AvidXchange Talent Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We are disappointed to hear that your experience did not fully meet your expectations. We value feedback from all AvidXers, both current and former, as we strive to be a great place to work. We encourage all teammates to share their experiences with their leader, department leader or a member of the Talent team in an effort to become better together. We wish you success!

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

The Ship is Sinking Quickly

Jun 18, 2019 - Marketing in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good, quality doer-bees at AvidXchange. The good people are being forced out or leaving because they have enough experience and sense to know that the ship is sinking. AvidXchange is loosing customers at an alarming rate and quickly after the sale. Those good employees are being forced to work for inexperienced managers that are willing to go down with the ship.

Cons

There used to be a culture of respect but company growth trumps customer focus and employee retention. Upper management is there simply to collect any hope of equity that will not come. AvidXchange cannot even excel and satisfy customers in their sweet spot because they only care about the sale and are unable to fix the enormous number of product and infrastructure issues. AvidXchange also does a terrible job at enabling partners to sell products. Acquisitions have caused chaos due to integration limitations and inability to sell those products across customer sets. Sales people, especially at the Enterprise level have left and therefore shut down the funnel for larger deals. Product limitations prevent them from selling into other markets. Poor prospects galore!

18 people found this review helpful

Avid Talent Team

What we do at AvidXchange is super complex and we acknowledge that it is not for everyone. Specifically, over the past few years we’ve made some intentional decisions that we knew would require our collective team to be relentless and resilient as we embark on a growth journey that’s unmatched by other companies our size. We continue to keep our customers at the forefront of our decision making and many of our customers have shared their commitment to seeing us succeed. We are continuously assessing how we can be more intentional around our customer efforts and at a speed that’s desirable.

Viewing 61 - 70 of 287 Reviews