Avigilon Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Avigilon Manager Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2019

Found 12 reviews

3.5
Avigilon CEO James Henderson (no image)
James Henderson

"Bold and Innovative"

Current Employee - Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at Avigilon full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Apple of Video Surveillance - Competitive Salary and Benefits - YoY $$$ Growth - Innovation in Technology and Process

Cons

- Could use more swag

Advice to Management

Keep the open minded, innovation centric culture.

Avigilon2018-11-21

"The poor reviews are accurate DO NOT WORK HERE!"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Detroit, MI

I worked at Avigilon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great product line High Pay (on the surface)

Cons

Sliding pay scale, blow it out one year they will slide to commission scale. Immature management Managers hired with no industry experience Terminations come with zero heads up. One day you are praised for the good work you do the next day you are gone literally. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR JOB TO WORK HERE UNLESS YOU ENJOY BEING UNEMPLOYED THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS

Advice to Management

Look at the turnover across the organization, seriously look on job networking sites and you will see some of the most senior people have been there a year or less. It’s much easier and cost effective to coach someone into the job than to keep replacing people. Motorola should take a serious look at replacing upper management.

Avigilon2019-02-15

"Great Company, Good pay but dont expect big raises."

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Avigilon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, easy to sell, loyal dealer base

Cons

Immature leadership, 1-2% raises. High quotas.

Advice to Management

stop micro managing. Recognize good talent and pay them.

Avigilon2019-01-11

"Regional Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Avigilon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Global leader in security product manufacturing, top tier video analytics, purpose built, top sales people in the industry.

Cons

If you cant handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Avigilon2017-04-17

"Sad waste of great potential"

Regional Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Avigilon

Pros

The best products in the industry and potentially the best salesforce in technology

Cons

They continue to promote incompetency. Upper management is clueless and have no vision. If they do they certainly will not share it with the people making all the revenue for the company. Failed product launches, horrible communication, customer service (once the best in technology) is in chaos, and the persons directing it all keep getting promoted as the company and its stock continues to slide.

Advice to Management

Stop making stupid decisions like lowering the price of the best selling products without notice, discontinuing products with no viable replacement in one day, and putting your sales people in the position to have to apologize for management incompetency's. Stop promoting those that make these decisions!

Avigilon2016-11-05

"Horrifying company!"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Avigilon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Office location is great and they are opening a brand new office soon. - Fantastic product - Benefits are average to on par with simular compeanies - Pay is good

Cons

- Senior leadership is absolutely insane. - The founder, Alex Fernades thinks the insanely high turnover rate is normal. Its not normal. There is no rhyme or reason to who is fired on any given day, week, or month. The most turnover I've ever seen. - Alex has a very closed door policy. No one ever sees him walk the halls. He is not social and does not care about his employees. At our town hall meeting he... gave a speach about how if you are not a good fit for the company you should leave. And that people that don't fit the culture (what ever that is) and stayed would proably be terminated. - Management is concerned about negative glass door reviews. Rather than listen to the feedback and/or try to make any adjustments their solution was to try to pad the comments in Glassdoor by telling employees they need to go post positive reviews. - The founder started and sold a a much smaller company before Avigilon. He thinks this makes him a highly qualified CEO, but he is not. He is trying to run this $350 million dollar company the way he ran his small company and is failing miserably by micro-managing every aspect of the business and not trusting the people he hires. He still approves almost every new hire position, including managers and specialists. - Management will lie to employees about Glassdoor reviews "that was the old leadership and its changed", "those reviews are mostly from sales people that were let go from the company for cause", "this is a great place to work, those reviews don't represent what we're really like", etc. - When interviewing make sure to ask how long each person has been with the company. Avigilon is nearly 10 years old. The majority of employees have worked there for 0 - 3 yrs. The average is probably about 1yr. It's very hard to find anyone that has been there for 5 or more years. No, not every company has a long list of 10yr employees, but the lack of tenure at avigilon is staggering. - I've been here too long. I want out! I wish I knew about Glassdoor when I started.

Advice to Management

If I thought managment would listen I would provide feedback. I have so little faith that they will listen I'm not going to waste my time.

Avigilon2016-04-25

"Strong transformation"

Regional Sales Manager in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Avigilon for more than a year

Pros

Avigilon is rebooting itself into a new company with new leadership, new focus, internal organization and renewed emphasis on customers and services. Strong product portfolio, more innovation to come

Cons

Is like working for a giant Startup. People coming, leaving, lack of defined processed, lack of structure, have to be finding who does what every month

Advice to Management

Hurry up with alignment of strategies, reduce growing pains!

Avigilon2016-02-17

"Amazing Products, Horrible Management, work life balance."

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Avigilon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Above average products and product mix in the CCTV / Security arena.

Cons

Training for new employees is a complete failure, daily quotas must be met or "Your on the chopping block". Horrible middle management that follows the trickle down daily threatening environment from the top. Most regional directors are not qualified to manage a sales team and have Zero management skills. In order to meet quarterly objectives, they call and harass integrators who have deals in the works. You... will have ZERO time for your family if you are a regional product manager. If you are in sales, the company will change your quota mid stream to prevent you from making quota, commissions and bonus.

Advice to Management

Sales management leadership needs major work. Company can care less if you completely ingnore your family and work 7 days a week in order to meet your inflated and unrealistic quotas.

Avigilon2015-03-06
  9. "Regional Sales Manager at Avigilon"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Avigilon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of autonomy and ability to make your own schedule. A lot of travel involved. Good base salary.

Cons

Can be isolating to work remotely all the time. Difficult targets to hit and commission percentage goes down as quota goes up year over year so if you don't hit targets you will earn less.

Advice to Management

More of a conversation around quota and target increases with employees would be good.

Avigilon2019-08-20
  10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager, Business Applications in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Avigilon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast moving company, very responsive corporate culture.

Cons

Nothing to share right now

Avigilon2019-02-19