Avigilon Reviews | Glassdoor

Avigilon Reviews

Updated 20 Aug 2019

Found 170 reviews

3.4
Avigilon CEO James Henderson (no image)
James Henderson
  1. "Growing company, growing culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Avigilon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

cutting edge technology, new leadership ~ employees are better understood, collaborative environment, ability to influence, internal opportunities, flex hours, flex location (for some employees), exposure and visibility, benefits, incentives

Cons

start-up feel environment at times - change is inevitable. work hard and you will be rewarded; dont work hard and reward will not follow.

Advice to Management

continue to listen to your employees - understand pain points and areas for opportunity. allow for decision making to be siloed at times and not a "come one, come all" event. timeliness in those decisions affect business practices.

Avigilon2018-07-09

"DO NOT WORK HERE! DEHUMANIZING COMPANY"

I worked at Avigilon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Industry leading products and good pay.

Cons

I was a loyal hard working employee that performed very well in the field and loved my job at Avigilon. I was so excited to be we a company I believed in. After raising my quota 80% I had a successful year and came close to making quota and financially did very well. With a significant pipeline for this year I was expecting to have another successful year. As we rolled in the beginning of 2018 I received a call... from the Director, who is an inexperienced, manipulating self serving individual and told me that they had made a business decision to let me go "today". No reason given, no warning, no compensation. As I am one to completely engulf myself in a job especially if I love what I am doing this was incredibly upsetting. This company does not care about people and has zero loyalty. Middle management is terrible. Its unfortunate that a company with such success doesn't care about the people that made it successful.

Advice to Management

Completely get rid of middle management as they are self serving and don't do anything to increase sales. To promote people and put them in charge of others when in fact they have no idea on how to manage makes no sense.

Avigilon2018-03-30

"Toxic work environment"

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Avigilon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent compensation, good bonus structure, a lot of talented employees who work extremely hard Could be a great work environment with some company culture improvements

Cons

Heavy use of intimidation tactics, no motivation from management, extreme criticism No life/work flexibility Condescending attitudes within management team Bad location

Advice to Management

Try motivation techniques to gain respect from employees

Avigilon2018-02-26

"Regional Sales Manager"

I have been working at Avigilon full-time

Pros

Great product, lots of demo gear

Cons

Upper management does not value employees. Constant turnover. Culture of fear, unless you suck up to and are friends with your boss.

Advice to Management

Value employees instead of creating a "good ole boy" environment.

Avigilon2018-01-25

"Good place to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Avigilon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, good benefits.

Cons

High turnover at management level.

Advice to Management

Be flexible on the employees.

Avigilon2017-11-22

"RSM"

Former Employee - RSM in Mid City, MO

I worked at Avigilon full-time

Pros

Great product! That’s about all I can even think of...

Cons

Poor RSD on up to CEO. Turn over is high and understaffed in Dallas and Vancouver. Inside sales are just paper pushers and can’t sell anything. By that I mean they are never taught how to sell! Needs improvement from the top down.

Advice to Management

Don’t cut back for the sake of trying to sell to the highest bidder. Monthly and quarter ends are nuts and contract partners know it. Such poor strategy...

Avigilon2017-12-22

"Employees are not valued"

I have been working at Avigilon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best product in the industry

Cons

Employees are treated like a disposable commodity. No staff development, no investment into employees, no dedication to employees who got the company where it is today. They attract top talent with high salary offerings then overwork the staff and cut their pay every year. Turnover is extremely high.

Advice to Management

Honor your employees. Reward them for good performance. Value them as people. Invest in their future with your company.

Avigilon2017-12-06

"Assembly Tech"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Avigilon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, great people to work with accept the butt kissers.

Cons

If you can take the pressure and like to kiss the supervisors butt cheeks, your good to go, otherwise upper management takes no part with employees, no incentives, pay raise depends on who you are, even if your the hard worker you will be lucky if you even get a pay raise. But, if your the butt kissers and the same colour and still bleed RED and slack off most of the time and still get paid on the clock still gets... a good raise. Every year the raise is the same for everyone. If you like to gossip this is the company to be working for, I've never worked with a company with so many GOSSIPERS!! EVEN though the company pollicy clearly state that there should be no gossip otherwise you be out the door. So my advice to you if you can't kiss butt than you should not apply, but if you like to kiss BUTT than you are welcome to apply. Worse company to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the management involvement in the office only, and please watch the cameras more often, because you're paying people who do less work to sit on the clock just to get paid 8 hrs.

Avigilon2017-09-22

"Only the heartless & soulless need apply"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Avigilon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not much other than some nice and very smart people. Innovative products.

Cons

You will work very hard, long hours to achieve little to no recognition, praise or even thank you. However, they are quick point out mistakes to lower level employees yet, management can make NONE. Ever heard the term "trial by Fire"? There's no coaching or mentoring. They only point out mistakes as your fault without them showing you how to do it right the first time. You are left to your own devices and get a slap... on the hand when you've done something wrong, no comment when you've done something right. They will hire your replacement right in front of you and make you train them. Then let you go saying you are unfit after working for them for more than a year. You would think any concerns or issues would be addressed with your manager but they don't listen or provide feedback because they are waiting to be told what to do just like everyone else. They highly discriminate simply because they don't "like" you or you won't engage in their petty conversations not pertaining to work. There are a lot of big salaries walking around that don't seem like they are earning their paycheck. Management is clueless since they are promoted from within with No people management experience. No interdepartmental collaboration because everyone is afraid of loosing their job. Doesn't look like this culture of "fear" is going to change anytime soon. Run and don't look back!

Advice to Management

Don't play with people's lives. We are humans not a commodity.

Avigilon2017-08-24

"Regional Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Avigilon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Global leader in security product manufacturing, top tier video analytics, purpose built, top sales people in the industry.

Cons

If you cant handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Avigilon2017-04-17