Avis Budget Group Rental Sales Agent Reviews | Glassdoor

Avis Budget Group CEO Larry De Shon
Larry De Shon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is a challenge at times (in 43 reviews)

• Airport locations open long hours so new employees work graveyard shifts (in 71 reviews)

1. "Fast pace"

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Avis Budget Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

get experience with sales, as well as customer service

Cons

Can get very busy, sometimes you have to be extremely patient

"RSA"

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to make better money with commission. Good benefits. Nice people to work with

Cons

Computers and printers that don't work. No air conditioning. Selfish employees. Poor ability to get and calll for cars. Lousy working conditions.

Advice to Management

Fix the printers and computers!!!! Staff up properly and scedule enough on weekend's. Stop playing favorites and giving half the staff off on weekend's. Learn how to write a schedule. Listen to your staff.

"csr"

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Islip, NY
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Islip, NY

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

its a paycheck with healthcare

Cons

.25 cent raises after every year. I work holidays nights and weekend.

Advice to Management

hire managers that have managerial experience. Not 24 year old children wo job exp. Pay a living wage

4. "Not the best team"

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Commission incentives
    Union
    Pay is okay

Cons

Management is not the most effective
    Shift bid every 6 months

5. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Portland, OR

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time

Pros

As long as you are patient, can handle stress in a hectic environment and can talk to people face to face, tbis job is fairly easy and generous pay

Cons

Limited cars during busy times which makes the job stressful but pay is good. Been with avis for almost four years now

Advice to Management

Listen and care to employees being harassed or treated unfairly. Be proactive on helping every position in different roles and career advancement for people working from dispatch, service agent, rental sales agent

6. "agent"

Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Houston, TX

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time

Pros

None. I would say a lot more. But I don't have anything else to say. My mom told me if you don't have something good to say, don't say anything at all.

Cons

hours not flexible. pay is not the greatest. Management does not seem to have a grasp on how to treat employees. A very negative working environment.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like you do your cars and your business will expand exponentially. Remember, your employees are your number one customer.

"Great job with great people!"

Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time

Pros

Fun place to work. I started off working there to put myself through college and ended up loving it! The senior management team from various parts of California took the time to come meet me after I was hired and made sure my training was coming along well. The co workers all helped one another to succeed and reach sales goals and definitely made this a fun place to work. The manager really trusted us and wasn't always over our shoulder which made it less stressful, and he was always there for feedback.
    The pay is about min wage but the opportunity for commission is definitely there. They train really well and I hit my sales target in my first month.

Cons

The cons are that the new employees get the night shifts and you have to stay if a flight is delayed and your customer is on the flight (airport location). The pay could be a little higher.

Advice to Management

Nothing to add, the training is really good and I can tell they care.

8. "Very Unprofessional"

Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent
    Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent

I worked at Avis Budget Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the people that I worked with. The overall morale of my co-workers helped the day go by faster.
    Commission on top of hourly pay is nice, the top sales agent in our location earns around $2000 a month on top of her hourly pay, and we're a small location with less than 200 reservations per day.

Cons

Serious lack of training. I was hired, and less than a week later, I was thrown on the counter for "hands on training" as part of a new program for part-time associates. When I heard that they usually do a 90 (or around 90) day training program, I was disappointed that I did not receive the chance to be trained better.
    Serious lack of management. I worked there for 5 months, we lost two managers and a district manager in that time period. I never really knew who to go to with issues and a lot of times, the manager just simply wasn't available.
    Serious lack of any semblance of professionalism. This is the most unprofessional job I've ever had, and I worked at a Subway for 5 years... After 5 months, I had not received a uniform or even a name tag. Nothing but a paystub to show that I worked for Avis/Budget.
    Serious lack of organization. Service agents wouldn't have a manifest so that they could clean the right cars that were booked by customers. So, the drivers would bring up cars that we didn't necessarily need (bringing up minivans when there were no minivans booked, but we needed 10 full size sedans). So when the customer would come up to the counter, expecting a full size sedan, we would have to give them a minivan at the same price. Often, we would have to give away the signature series cars too, costing the business serious money.
    It was the worst job experience I've ever had.

Advice to Management

Step it up! Train your new employees! Be there when an employee needs you. I understand that there should be a work/life balance, but when you've lost 2 managers in a 5 month period... you have to be more available than you have been when we had those 2 other managers. Organize your workers, make sure that the service agents have a manifest so that they can team up with the drivers so that the drivers can get the right cars up to the location for the customers.

9. "RentalSales Rep"

Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the benefits are the ONLY good thing about this job

Cons

-pay so low i could barely pay rent
    -staff unprofessional
    -so dirty
    -they will fire you under false pretenses
    -customer are always rude because of the dysfunction threw management
    -no chance of advancement
    -no team work

Advice to Management

all you guys suck and I'm happy to never be apart of your company again
    where I work now I got I clear layout of rules and benefits while I bet you guys are still jerking people around. Avis and Budget at the Philadelphia airport is the worst
    I hope you guys receive workers that are unorganized and messy like you guys
    not to metion I get paid $16 plus commission for being a sales rep at my new job
    Yall robbing people and I'ma let all review site now ttyl

10. "It's ok if you need a job"

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Canton, MI
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Canton, MI

Pros

If you apply for ft they will give you pt 😑 pay was lower than what I was told over the phone

Cons

Pay wasn't much , only pt , midnight shift so if you wanna do that then cool. Good luck !