Cover image for Avocados From Mexico

62% Recommend to a Friend
57% Approve of CEO

Found 16 of over 18 reviews

3.6
Avocados From Mexico CEO Alvaro Luque (no image)
Alvaro Luque

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I made the right choice

Mar 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I recently joined the Avocados From Mexico team and I have been blown away by my experience so far. I can already tell that this is the kind of company where you can make an immediate and powerful impact. AFM is extremely innovation driven which fosters an environment where big ideas thrive. It has the air of a creative think tank. Right away I feel as though this company is going to nurture my natural curiosity, creative problem solving, and strategic chops while pushing me to grow and take my career to the next level. Plus, my coworkers are the absolute best! Everyone has been so warm and welcoming, and I am endlessly impressed by the high caliber of talent that surrounds me. Even leadership has gone the extra mile to welcome and support me in my new position. I genuinely feel accepted, appreciated and included in this diverse family of truly inspiring individuals. Exciting things are happening, and I am eager to see what the next year has in store for me!

Cons

Every company has those little things you wish you could change or improve, but I have yet to see what those are at Avocados From Mexico. I honestly believe based on my experience so far, that I am empowered to work towards changes and improvements if a need ever comes up in the future. Leadership seems very open minded and driven to always grow and improve.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Changed My Life

Feb 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at AFM for 6 years and it changed my life. AFM is a company that cares about its employees, and it provides them with all the key resources to do their work and balance their personal life. When I look at my career today, I can honestly say that what I learned in 6 years not only exceeded my previous growth in other companies, but it prepared me for my current role in my new company. My career has blossomed beyond my expectations. The key to this success was the deep-seated culture of innovation. A second thing that I would like to mention that was very important to me that AFM offered, was their total rewards formula. Some of those great total rewards offerings were the following: medical plans w/ pre-tax employer contributions to HSA/FSA, beyond market PTO offerings, retirement support, income protection, career development, and telework days. Every single year the executive team is looking for new ways to continue improving the wellbeing of their employees. Lastly, the culture and connections at AFM are different. You are part of a family. You really feel so connected and people really care about you. When you need them the most, the first people to show empathy and care are the leaders of this company. I have seen firsthand the CEO do everything he can to make sure you are taken care of, which is hard to find today. Thank you, AFM Family, for all your support during my tenure.

Cons

This is a culture that drives innovation and constantly moving towards the future. This type of environment requires people to be creative and agile, and also requires grit, persistence, and will power to create things that have never been created before. Not everyone has the mental-toughness and determination to thrive in that type of environment.

4 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Avocados From Mexico team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Pay well and good people. Bit of a dictatorship

Feb 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Headline pay, fun product, nice office

Cons

Pay lackluster beyond headline salary. CEO runs everything

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

The fish rots from the head

Feb 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation is high enough to retain people until they can't stand the stink any longer.

Cons

It's all about the inner circle, and it's staggering what people will turn a blind eye to.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Worst Top Leadership in the Produce Industry

Sep 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are great people working at this place but the top leadership is the worst. Fantastic and healthy item to promote Great pay and benefits but your mental health and family life will suffer. There are better opportunities in Dallas.

Cons

Terrible work environment. No respect for woman. The Top leadership is condescending and has very gross tics; he opens and closes his legs constantly in every meeting. He calls woman "Chica". No matter how much training he is given, he gets no better. He takes credit for all the hard work, yet is hardly in the office. He and the Digital are more interested in awards than doing their jobs. There is no such thing as PTO or sick leave. You are EXPECTED to work at any time of day and any day of the week, You have to come in while you are sick (except during covid he closed the office) There are NO, zip, zero growth opportunities.

7 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. As a company that is committed to improving and is strongly focused on the employee experience, the following are some key insights that will illustrate how we are spearheading an engaging employee experience: • Today, our employee satisfaction stands at 80%, per our annual confidential employee engagement survey.This survey measures four very important dimensions - company, leadership, coworkers, and the individual employee experience – and in these four dimensions, we are continuously improving. • Our workforce is currently working from home on a hybrid model and once is safe to return to the office we will still be working from home 25% of the time. We offer this type of flexibility to allow a clear Work-Life Integration. • Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are deeply seated in our organization. 60% of our workforce today are women, our executive team is gender balance, and in July 2021, we promoted 20% of our workforce, with 70% of these opportunities offered to our women leaders. • Our PTO days are 5 days above the general market average and increases as each employee builds tenure in the company. Additionally, we offer personal leave and sick days for employees to take care of themselves or personal family members. • As an organization, we have received many recognitions and awards for our performance and innovative drive – these accomplishments are the result of our collaborative effort. Our focus as a company is to create growth and career development opportunities in a collaborative environment that allows each member of our team to flourish. We would like the opportunity to learn more so that we can improve as an organization. Please reach out to the Human Resources department at hr@avocadosfrommexico.com so that we can work together to ensure AFM is a great working environment.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work and professional development

Jul 2, 2021 - Senior Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Avocados from Mexico for more than 6 years now and I am very happy to be part of this company. Since my first year with the company, the benefits have improved including paid time off and health insurance coverage, making me feel a valued and appreciated employee. The company implemented an employee performance system to establish clear and achievable goals for every employee, which are all reviewed and supported by our leadership. Every month, we review the progress of each objective with our leadership to ensure we have the tools to achieve our individual goals and objectives. Leadership is always making sure there is a positive working environment with a workplace that feels safe, supported and creates activities for team building and peer collaboration. This company is focused on business innovation, so we constantly receive training and new tools to improve our knowledge and performance so that we can continue to think differently and bring news ideas to drive consumption and demand. It is no wonder why Avocados from Mexico was listed among the 100 best workplaces for innovators in the World!! I definitely agree, this is a great place not only to work, but to continue my professional development.

Cons

Since AFM is a very small company, the possibility of advancing quickly is limited.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Life Changing Organization

Jun 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company has offered me more learning and growth opportunities than any of my previous employers combined. The compensation and benefits package is outstanding (a TON of PTO, incredible 401k match, paid training, and countless other generous perks). The office is sleek and sophisticated, and the culture offers you so much autonomy to think creatively and execute ideas. Our CEO is very forward-thinking and invests in the latest and greatest tools, technologies, and processes so that we are able to continue being innovative.

Cons

It is a high-performance company, so you must be driven to push yourself to meet goals and objectives. It is not for the faint of heart.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Vibrant working environment

Jun 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, including training and professional development opportunities. Vibrant and fun working environment and culture. Opportunity to work in a successful company, with a strong innovative drive and creative thinking. Management has a clear vision and strategy for the company, and a very well structured process for performance and alignment towards the company's goals. Opportunity to learn from and contribute to a talented group of people.

Cons

Fast pace and demanding work; no room for comfort zone, which keeps you growing.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 2.0
    Current Employee

Horrible Management

May 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Innovative people with amazing ideas on how /where to sell avocados.

Cons

Awful management and leadership skills. SUPER UNORGANIZED. People are rude, condescending, there's lack of accountability, and people are always looking for someone to blame. Be ready to answer emails or calls on your days off, even PTO.

7 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that some of your experiences have been unfavorable and are appreciative you brought forward your concerns. The essence of our culture is Mexicanity: vibrant, positive, and representative of the employee experience we continually strive to perfect. We hope that our commitment to our people is demonstrated through inclusive practices such as Avocados From Mexico’s engagement survey, all-employee 360 assessments, the Culture Committee, and our Operating Guidelines. We would like the opportunity to learn more so that we can improve as an organization. Please reach out to the Human Resources department at hr@avocadosfrommexico.com so that we can work together to ensure AFM is a great working environment.

11. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

The most toxic environment I've seen

May 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cool ideas on promiting avocados

Cons

Beyond toxic culture. No people skills whatsoever. Unorganized, no structure, no process, no order. Everything is ran on "we'll figure it out." The people are the worst.

6 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. We continue to work to ensure AFM is a great working environment. We would like the opportunity to learn more so that we can improve as an organization and we invite you to reach out to the Human Resources department at hr@avocadosfrommexico.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews