Avon Products Avon Independent Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Avon Products Chief Executive Officer Sherry McCoy
Sherry McCoy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I worked at Avon before the restructuring and really enjoyed the talent and work life balance (in 86 reviews)

• Get to work from home with some of the most amazing people ever (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is non existent and not being able to be with the reps is ludacris (in 53 reviews)

• The message from upper management gets blurred when it comes to the downlines (in 56 reviews)

"I have worked as a Avon Independent Sales Representative. I have worked and learned so much from the district managers."

Current Employee - Avon Independent Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Avon Independent Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Avon Products part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Grow a lot winning trips and incentives.

Cons

Hard work, time consuming to advance a top level as a Independent Sales Rep.

Advice to Management

To consider more perks, more earning possibilities.

2. "Not for everyone, but great for some."

Former Freelancer - Avon Independent Sales Representative in Wilson, NC
    Former Freelancer - Avon Independent Sales Representative in Wilson, NC

I worked at Avon Products (More than a year)

Pros

You get your great avon products at great deals if you have even just a few customers/clients.

Cons

You get no help and no credit to start out the business like before. Either you pay upfront, or your customers have to prepay for products now, It is not like it used to be. the prepay part is ok, but the NO credit is not helpful when trying to start and build a business. How can you get those great package deals and then have them on hand to go sell them if you can'[t get hem? If you already have the money to get the stuff and get your Avon store going then great, otherwise, Good Luck.

Advice to Management

Give the newbies a little bit of credit. Especially if they are returning to reinstate from before when there was credit.

3. "My experiences have all been great.Extra money,my own schedule,working from home.It's great."

Current Employee - Independent Avon Sales Representative in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Independent Avon Sales Representative in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was drawn to Avon,as my husband had been laid off for a 2nd time in 2 months(no work).We have 5 children,bills to pay,ect.With 5 small children I have to be home.My husband started working again,but only as a temp,so he just goes from job to job.So I started looking into working from home,well after scam after scam,AVON was the next thing that popped up.So I called a represenative,and boom I was selling Avon.I have a great customer base building,selling great products,and doing it all from home.Extra money coming in,I'm happy.Plus my self esteem has lifted greatly.If it can work for me,it can work for anyone.

Cons

None that I have found.You have to put your all in it,and just do it.

Advice to Management

KEEP IT UP!!!!

4. "Avon is a terrific company structured with the modern working mother and woman in mind yet open to men also."

Current Employee - Avon Independent Sales Representative

Pros

Opportunity for growth, meeting amaing people, possibilities are endless, you couldn't start a business on your own and succeed as quickly as you can associated with Avon because the tools provided to help you succedd are strong and competitive.

Cons

Some policies and overall moods, yet despite the fact that the world is in economic crisis and most companies aren't in good "moods" - Avon does seem to be above the negative mark so I'd like for it to continue to be a positive and welcoming place to be. I think Avon is open if we communicate to them about certain changes so right now I'm still hopeful small things can be adjusted to continue to make Avon a great company to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job and nuturing all the people involved. I do tend to see the tension as mentioned in previous posts about managers and the cutbacks, etc. and I'd like to know there is some improvement there.

"Ain't what she used to be..."

Current Employee - Avon Independent Sales Representative

Pros

Comprehensive training modules, product reputation with quality products at many different price points, opportunities for growth and advancement, no quotas, generous credit limits, work from home on my time.

Cons

Lack of support from DSM and other Avon-employed staff, growing reputation as MLM with the accompanying dishonesty and scams that come in an MLM world, Outsourced customer service for reps, Lack of support for the independent sales force they claim to love so much indicated by allowing customers to purchase online without attachment to a rep (I am sure that more than a few people have cut me out of the picture, it's pretty easy to figure out)

Advice to Management

Fast-track and other recruiting incentives may bring in the money but they are tarnishing the repuation. Too many reps joining with dollar signs and leaving with in a wake of deceit and disappointed customers.