Avoya Travel Reviews | Glassdoor

Brad Anderson
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Vista, CA

I have been working at Avoya Travel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Avoya Travel offers great benefits, friendly and positive work environment, and the ability to grow personally and professionally. It is a great place to start a career that can last until retirement. In fact, many people in the company work 10-30+ years until they retire. If I could sum up Avoya in one word, it would be stable.

Cons

Just like any company, obvious issues sometimes take longer to be resolved because they have to get approval from higher ups. Also, the pay could be more competitive with similar positions in the SD area.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! My only advice is to continue to invest more into employees (salaries, benefits, free vacations)

Avoya Travel2019-06-22

"Keep looking....better companies out there"

I worked at Avoya Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Initial contact with company pleasant and helpful Booking system is amazing Some people are friendly and helpful

Cons

Major gaps in there so called training program Leads given are really not that great Rude and unprofessional responses when trying to find someone to help that is upper management There "perks" are not better than other companies out ther

Avoya Travel2018-06-25

"Look elsewhere"

I worked at Avoya Travel

Pros

Leave you alone Do have some support Recognition if you shatter records Friendly receptionists on phone Interesting webinars from vendors

Cons

Money hungry. 70/30 split on deadbeat leads. Most leads are dreamers they should pre-qualify before turning over to an agent, and wasting time. Call all hours day and night, and have no respect for time zones or Sundays. 90 % of their leads are dreamers and deadbeats. One out of 10 is a real lead. The rest are trash More focused on a $ 49.00 monthly fee if objective not met, than pursuing timely payment to agents from...

Advice to Management

Get in to the 21st century, and know just what your competitors offer agents. There are a few out there that really go above and beyond and make the agent feel important. And in times of world crisis, work with them not against them. Difference between silver spooners owning and operating, and ones who actually earned it themselves makes all the difference to an employee and independent contractor. Something you guys...

Avoya Travel2017-10-16
  4. "IT Support Technician"

I worked at Avoya Travel full-time

Pros

The director of the IT department is willing to add to your career growth and help you to grow. The company is also willing to do this and will make sure you're in a good spot of the company depending on your skills.

Cons

New position creation is low and it may take some time to work up in the company.

Avoya Travel2017-02-23

"Smart & caring co-workers, casual environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

I have been working at Avoya Travel full-time

Pros

Work with hardworking and intelligent people. They only hire positive, respectful and kind people that will fit with the company culture. The people make it easier to come to work everyday and big reason to continue working here. Potential for growth, learning. Upper management will listen to your ideas. Casual/fun work environment.

Cons

Rapid growth and turnover has left some departments wanting - disjointed, confusing. Office space is dated and needs an upgrade. Technology needs move faster and catch up with industry standards. Management very conservative regarding $$ & spending.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to delegate responsibilities and decisions to the smart people you have working for you. Be more flexible. Benefit plans could be stronger, ie 401k, health, salaries.

Avoya Travel2016-05-06

"Contact Center"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Vista, CA

I worked at Avoya Travel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Work Environment Positive People Occasional fun events and free meals Get to learn more about the travel industry.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

I had a great time working for this company. I have nothing but positive reviews, and if you're looking for place that feels like home, and have close relationship with co-workers, and overall positive environment. This would the place

Avoya Travel2015-11-14

"Intern with Avoya Travel"

Former Employee - Promotions Assistant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Avoya Travel

Pros

The people at Avoya are the nicest, most caring and fun-loving people to work with! I absolutely loved my time in the beautiful area of San Diego, CA!

Cons

I can't think of any cons from my time working here.

Avoya Travel2015-10-25

"Amazing Company"

I have been working at Avoya Travel full-time

Pros

Completely transparent communication from the top down, engagement and opinions are encouraged, and everyone is extremely helpful. Great company that truly cares for their employees. Fun team outings and weekly events.

Cons

The salary could be better, but it's not too far below the standard for similar positions within the area, the happy work environment makes up for the below-average pay. The office could use some updating.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and the positive enforcements to all employees, the great energy has everyone excited that something great is coming on the horizon.

Avoya Travel2015-06-13
  9. "Amazing people that treat you like family plus interesting and challenging work!"

I have been working at Avoya Travel full-time

Pros

Love working in the travel industry! Management has open communication, listens to their employees, and provides opportunity for growth. Hard-working and fun environment, access to travel discounts, and rewarding and challenging projects.

Cons

We need a bigger building so all teams can work in the same office again.

Avoya Travel2015-04-09
    • "Staff Accountant"

I have been working at Avoya Travel

Pros

Friendly boss, feel like a family.

Cons

need to get rid of more manual processing; manager should focus on big vision

Avoya Travel2015-03-01

Avoya Travel Response

April 24, 2015Senior Professional Development Specialist

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. With the company’s success and growth over the last few years, we are constantly reviewing new processes and procedures to ensure we are implementing best practices. We strive to make each day happy and productive for our Avoya Travel family! ...

Found 13 reviews