- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Washington State
- - Seattle, WA Area
- - Seattle, WA
- - Kirkland, WA
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Los Angeles, CA
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
Found 191 of over 198 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "3. Good people and pretty relaxed env." (in 22 reviews)
- "Decent benefits and you can bring your pet to work." (in 16 reviews)
- "That is a great work life balance." (in 9 reviews)
- "At that time, Avvo was the only company in the market where sales people can make good money." (in 9 reviews)
- "The current RSM team is amazing, they work extremely well together and care about everyone's success." (in 8 reviews)
- "Horrible management has lead to the dwindling down of the sales floor." (in 17 reviews)
- "Half the time managers don't even know what changes are coming before it is communicated to the entire floor." (in 9 reviews)
- "Senior Leadership is difficult to access" (in 6 reviews)
- "Account Executives do not even mention the new products in their pitches to attorneys yet are required to sneak them into deals in order for the attorney to qualify." (in 6 reviews)
- "Constricted commissions because of tiering" (in 5 reviews)
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Oct 11, 2022 - Senior Account Manager in Seattle, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
awesome people and dog friendly
no more free beer which is a bummerContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 1, 2022 - Account Executive in Seattle, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
There is a LOT of opportunity at AVVO. Avvo's product works for most attorney's (no ones ad product works for everyone) and it is easy to sell. The company has a great sales culture and everyone is willing to help - you just have to ask. Management gives you a lot flexibility on how you want to work your schedule and there is no micr-management. This is a cold calling job and you have to be willing to get on the phone a lot and you need to be skilled at email, but if you put in the work you can make really good money.
The base pay is low, but the company makes up for it with a generous commission plan.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Dec 1, 2022 - Account ExecutiveRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
There aren’t many to speak of, some of the managers are friendly
The product does not work. Most attorneys have a very negative perception of Avvo and will hang up when you mention the company name. The lists of attorneys that you are calling have been beat to death each month by other reps.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 2, 2022 - Account ExecutiveRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good Commission plan, good hours, good coworkers
Work in Office environment Low Salary Salary Caps
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Sep 8, 2022 - Account ExecutiveRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Company culture is decent, but the cons far greatly outweigh the pros.
-The base salary is low and not competitive despite inflation/cost of living increasing -The premier account executives get the majority of leads, and the ones that are actually good/decent. -Premiers are able to call the best prospects, everyone else gets stuck calling the same attorneys who have repeatedly said no and hate Avvo -The company has increased their price so much but the product is practically the same. Avvo is putting lipstick on a pig but attorneys aren’t fooled -They’re always looking for ways to cut costs -Poor insurance with high co pays -Constant revolving door of sales people. Avoid working there!!!Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 24, 2022 - Sr, Legal Marketing Expert in Seattle, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great management. They are knowledgeable and compassionate and do not over-micromanage. I genuinely like the people I work with.
You have to punch a clock and there is very little flexibility, even though you work remotely. You must work a minimum of 6 hrs a day and 38 hours a week. If you have a family and any doctor appointments it is hard to find time to do it with only a 30 min lunch. The usual feed the top model... if you are a premier rep you get to reap the benefits of being fed awesome leads, getting all the incoming calls.. close huge deals. While the AE, or SR AE's...just dial like crazy trying to scape what you can. Everyone calls so often on the same attorneys...every two weeks they get called., so it is very draining and you get burned out. Hard to hit your quota when it feels like most attorneys hate you because they get called so often.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Oct 28, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Some good people still work there
Internet brands is just a menace, actively destructive.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Sep 23, 2022 - Software Engineer in Seattle, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Whatever is left prior to the 2018 acquisition - which isn't much.
This was a great company before it was acquired in 2018, now it's a shell of itself. Anyone with talent left within a couple of years and now all that's left are coasters. The new management only care about where the money comes from and made a lot of terrible decisions that have made the product terrible to use and harder to sell.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 15, 2022 - Account ExecutiveRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Nice office and good people.
Not enough lead generation. Impossible to hit quotas. Calling the same people over and over again. All of the good leads and clients go to senior reps which make up 90% of the sales. They don’t let newer reps call good leads ever. No wonder they lose all of the good people. Small support when you they see you struggling. Just reports to call that are all dialed the heck through. Good luck.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jul 11, 2022 - Account ExecutiveRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Met some cool people. Good managers for the most part and good comp plan if you can exceed your quota.
Pretty sink or swim. It’s a grind.
Avvo Reviews FAQs
Avvo has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 198 reviews left anonymously by employees. 42% of employees would recommend working at Avvo to a friend and 32% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
42% of Avvo employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Avvo 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.