Cover image for Awardco

Awardco CEO and Founder Steven Sonnenberg
Steven Sonnenberg

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

The best

Feb 8, 2023 - Implementation Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great software, promising

Cons

Lower on payscale, not Great benefits

2. 5.0

Great Culture

Jan 30, 2023 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and room to grow.

Cons

Some managers lack experience and it reflects in their leadership.

3. Join the Awardco team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0

Previously 5-star Review

Jan 20, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Coworkers are the best. I really enjoy coming to the office and seeing people because they make it all so much better. - PTO really does feel unlimited, at least with my manager it does. (flip side in cons) - Points!! we use the platform, and it's pretty nice - Snacks/drinks room - Tuesday breakfasts and Thursday treats - Product and mission is awesome, something I can really get behind - No layoffs! (flip side below) - I rarely get 'urgent' requests when I'm off the clock, which is nice. I feel like I can actually take vacation or respect my off hours during the day.

Cons

- Compensation is mediocre at best. It's very telling how many new grads we get with little experience compared to the few employees we've recruited from well known (well-paying) companies. I'd reckon we have 10% of employees or fewer that are paid more than market average for their role and level of experience. - Little to no consistency. Be prepared to get the runaround when wondering why you haven't gotten a raise or promotion. They've blamed the "hiring freeze" for denying/preventing raises and then announce major promotions in front of everybody at RTG the next day. (This aspect could change with the recently announced 'standardized semi-annual performance reviews' for raises and promotions, but even that won't take effect April, and has the caveat of *pending available budgets*) - Some of the departments/managers have a bad reputation for their less-than-unlimited feelings on PTO. - You know that scene in Batman: Dark Knight Rises where everybody is in the pit, but they're all painfully holding onto hope because that rope is there to "help" them get out? I've begun to feel more and more like them as time continues to pass without seeing any changes or given concrete answers to questions/concerns. - COO gave a lengthy speech about the layoffs in the tech scene that smelt eerily of manipulation. 'I know we're not paying you as much as we should, but be grateful you have a job at all because you could be getting laid off somewhere else right now' undertones for sure. - Very little diversity, especially in senior leadership and C-Suite.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Current Employee

Doesn't live up to the hype

Jan 26, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great coworkers -Hybrid work environment -Nice office

Cons

-Young leadership, many of the managers don't meet the qualifications for their jobs. -You will only get promoted if you're friends with management. They don't promote based on skill and hard work. -Low pay. They are more focused on the appearance of their new office building and impressing prospective clients by hosting over the top events than paying their employees a living wage. -Unlimited PTO is not really unlimited.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome company so far

Dec 18, 2022 - Software Engineer in Lindon, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture of recognizing and appreciating others. Love my team and leadership. Fun and impactful projects. Overall fantastic environment to be in every day.

Cons

Location. The PG traffic is such a pain (exit 275).

7. 5.0

Great Culture Always evolving

Dec 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awardco has a great work environment that is propelled by en even better product. The leadership is fair but still holds you accountable and I’m excited for the future

Cons

Things change constantly and sometimes it feel like you are taking two steps forward and one step back. It’s part of the start up environment but would be nice to get things more ironed out

8. 5.0

Employee focused

Dec 5, 2022 - UX Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

High level of autonomy, great culture, forward thinking, lots of opportunities to grow and contribute.

Cons

They’re still developing their benefits package.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Focused on the wrong things

Dec 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great coworkers. Some of the best people work here. -I like being able to work from home (occasionally). -Good opportunities for those who are just starting their careers. -the CEO is genuine and cares about employees. -The company software itself is great. I like being recognized for my work and getting points to use on whatever I want.

Cons

-Underpaid employees. They know this. If you’re looking for competitive pay, look elsewhere. -Nepotism is a big issue. -Sales runs this company. They do things their own way and don’t follow process. Some of them are great, but others will blame you for not doing THEIR job. Expect to work long hours some nights to make them happy. This is known throughout the company across different departments. -Diversity doesn’t exist. There’s only one woman that’s director status, but even then she reports to a male VP. Everyone they hire is from BYU or they’re from the MTC. -People Operations is young. If you go to them with concerns, they’re going to side with whoever they’re closest with. I’m not the only employee who has noticed this. - Unlimited PTO is offered, but work piles up so much that it’s hard to relax and enjoy your time off. People will still slack you knowing you’re on vacation and expect a response. - Senior leadership seems to only care about setting themselves/their friends up for success. Some talk negatively about their direct reports and say they wouldn’t care if they quit (a bit contradictory to the messages given at RTG where they say how thankful they are for everyone). Not saying they don’t appreciate/love their teams and are terrible leaders, but their decisions and lack of transparency for things that impact us significantly make it hard to want to stay. I don’t think things will improve for us individual contributors for a bit.

10. 2.0

Disappointing

Nov 29, 2022 - Client Success Manager in Lindon, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Easy going people to work with -Recognition is at the forefront -Collaborative working environment -Clients are fun to work with at times

Cons

-Uncompetitive compensation -Poor benefits package -Favoritism regarding promotions -Executives are out of touch with what employees value -Executives are avoidant when it comes to approaching where they fall short

11. 5.0

The Experience I've Been Looking For

Nov 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Awesome development opportunities in a company focused on progress and growth, not mistakes - The experience keeps getting better! New building, new partnerships, new opportunities, raises and promotions over time, improvements in benefits and perks - Just a great environment with great people: energy, food, fun things to do, truly open office floor plan, etc.

Cons

- Growing pains associated with a start up scaling into a sustainable business. It's a double edged sword with the associated opportunities, but you don't have the comforts of a fully matured organization.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 157 Reviews
</>Embed

Awardco Reviews FAQs

Awardco has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 158 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Awardco to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Awardco employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Awardco. This rating has decreased by -18% over the last 12 months.

77% of Awardco employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Awardco 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Awardco to be career development, culture, coworkers and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, senior leadership, benefits.

Popular Careers with Awardco Job Seekers