AwesomenessTV Editor Reviews | Glassdoor

AwesomenessTV Editor Reviews

Updated 20 Mar 2019

2.5
AwesomenessTV CEO Jordan Levin  (no image)
Jordan Levin

"Fast Paced Atmosphere"

Videographer/Editor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AwesomenessTV for more than a year

Pros

- Friendly co-workers - Open office space environment - The food! Catered lunches.

Cons

- Fast paced (not necessarily a con, unless you're not used to the stress of intense deadlines) - Sometimes unrealistic deadlines - Senior leadership did not necessarily fit the role they were leading. - Pay isn't a lot... More of an entry level job.

Advice to Management

Would have loved more collaboration between teams. Most of the time decision making was a senior level choice. I wish there was less politics in the environment.

AwesomenessTV2017-10-19
  2. "Could be better"

Current Contractor - Editor

I have been working at AwesomenessTV for more than 3 years

Pros

No micromanaging. Endless Espresso and coffee to keep you going, some snacks. Take as many vacations/sick time as you want, being freelance you are your own boss.

Cons

Pay isn't up to standards with the industry No guaranteed work, as with all freelance positions Endless notes for the same amount of pay, producers generally don't know what they want. No opportunity to advance. Not valued as a team member. Sexism is alive here, to be included you must be one of the boys.

Advice to Management

n/a

AwesomenessTV2019-03-21

"Classist and toxic environment for any contractor"

Former Contractor - Editor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AwesomenessTV for more than a year

Pros

Was steady for a time. Made some good connections.

Cons

Appalling treatment of fulltime contractors. Expected to work minimum of full time 40 hours with plenty of unpaid OT, and NO benefits. No upper management has any plan or vision. The founders are (were) only in when it suited them. The companies MO is "throw it at the wall and don't even look to see if it's sticking" and "don't ask us about a month from now". Sorry every producer at ATV, my mommy and daddy... aren't paying for me to live here so I need a semblance of job security. Check this out, after all the content being made for a year was delivered to Go90, they said "we didn't order this and can't pay you" and then imploded. No one had any idea we were massively over delivering content. Bruh. Who believes this. We know upper folk were wet brained as hell about their jobs. Whoever particularly screwed this up cost over 100 people their livelihoods.

Advice to Management

Just because you were born rich doesn't mean you earned a single thing, including competence or experience. Every producer came from upper class, every producer pinned their jobs on their AP. Struggle for once, or do your job from the bottom up.

AwesomenessTV2019-02-01
  4. "Used to be fun"

Current Contractor - Video Editor in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at AwesomenessTV

Pros

Catered lunches and food are good

Cons

Senior management is not only disorganized, but seems confused about the direction of the company. Under the previous CEO, there was autonomy for people making content and the brand was clearly defined (videos for tweens). There was room to experiment within that brand. Now, it's unclear what senior management wants, where they envision the company going, and what the business model is. In my experience, real money... is spent making content that doesn't end up getting posted. Any efforts to clarify a direction seem to get lost in the ether of upper management. It used to be a place for both content creators and social media personalities to experiment and post fun content for their audiences. That seems to no longer be the case. Not sure what the company does now really.

Advice to Management

Have a clear directive that everyone understands. Set priorities. Communicate MUCH better.

AwesomenessTV2017-10-14
  5. "Great Starting Point"

Current Contractor - Editor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AwesomenessTV for more than a year

Pros

This is a fun, laid back environment with some great people. It pays well for the work, and is a good starting point for someone straight out of school.

Cons

There are no benefits, no overtime, and no job security. Editors are technically freelance, so work is not guaranteed. There is little room for advancement.

Advice to Management

The company could be more organized, and it should consider moving the editors from freelance to full time employment. Many dedicate more than 40 hours a week, every week, to the company, but don't get any of the benefits of typical full time employees.

AwesomenessTV2014-11-14