AwesomenessTV "free lunch" Reviews | Glassdoor

AwesomenessTV Employee Reviews about "free lunch"

Updated May 14, 2019

AwesomenessTV CEO Jordan Levin  (no image)
Jordan Levin
Pros
  • "Good people, contract work allows for time off, great new building and facility, free lunch for staff, and plenty of opportunity to gain new experience(in 11 reviews)

• "Really good people in an emerging industry(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Any efforts to clarify a direction seem to get lost in the ether of upper management(in 3 reviews)

• "Senior leadership did not necessarily fit the role they were leading(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "free lunch"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Amazing Learning Experience with a Friendly Staff"

Current Intern - Internship

I have been working at AwesomenessTV for less than a year

Pros

- Friendly approachable staff -Ability to explore other departments -Free lunch -Working for a highly influential digital company -Meet a lot of influencers/ celebrities -Fun/ young working environment -Got college credit AND payment -Gain a lot of experience and knowledge of the digital age and whatever department you are in -Staff cares about their interns

Cons

-Interns were separated from rest of the staff and placed in their own area

AwesomenessTV2019-05-14

"Production"

Former Employee - Production Coordinator in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at AwesomenessTV full-time for more than a year

Pros

The fun parties, free lunches, and vibrant environment.

Cons

The leadership, lack of direction, power domination of upper management to keep people work long hours for ridiculous pay, lack of career advancement, and the continued hostile work environment for freelancers. What a Ponzi scheme.

Advice to Management

Don't treat people like they're your slaves. Pay fairly, speak to people with respect, provide an environment for advancement, and don't be cheap. Cheap is not quality. Quality is what sells and provides career longevity. Perhaps the investment would have been better spent on your people and your product rather than your expensive building and top corporate salaries.

AwesomenessTV2018-11-30
  3. "good intentions, poor follow-thru"

I worked at AwesomenessTV full-time

Pros

free lunch, casual culture, very nice people

Cons

freelancers or vendors often weren't paid on time and had to hunt down their checks for work performed.

AwesomenessTV2018-08-28
  4. "The people here are great, as well as my bosses!"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at AwesomenessTV for more than a year

Pros

Good people, contract work allows for time off, great new building and facility, free lunch for staff, and plenty of opportunity to gain new experience.

Cons

The fact that it's in Los Angeles, the pay could be a little better, not many places for lunch nearby if you don't like what they offer.

AwesomenessTV2018-05-19

"Lousy Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AwesomenessTV full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Free Lunches - Nice coworkers

Cons

- 3 Bosses in 6 months - A very junior person being promoted to a very senior role - apparently he was their "best bad option" - No focus on exactly what the goal is - Egos and a culture of passing blame

Advice to Management

- Yelling & berating is not managing someone - Ultimatums don't work to inspire staff - Its ok to be challenged

AwesomenessTV2018-01-30

"Awesome-not"

Current Contractor - Contract Assistant Editor in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at AwesomenessTV for less than a year

Pros

Free lunch, sometimes its good. Its very laid back and "Chill"

Cons

No communication from the higher ups. Decisions take weeks, not hours or days, but actual weeks to be made. Once they finally make that decision they rush and expect it to be done already. They treat the lower level people with very little respect. They act like you are crazy when you ask legitimate questions.

Advice to Management

Get some people skills and learn to make decisions. Its your job to have the answers and when you don't you waste peoples time and then expect them to work miracles on no notice.

AwesomenessTV2017-10-13

"Hot Mess"

Current Employee - Social in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AwesomenessTV full-time for less than a year

Pros

lax hours, free lunch, laid back & young

Cons

Unorganized, so laid back that work doesn't get done, poor senior leadership

Advice to Management

oh, god... everything

AwesomenessTV2017-08-26
  8. "Intern Experience"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at AwesomenessTV

Pros

-Free lunch and snacks everyday! -Positive, fun, and casual company culture -No small "intern" tasks but real hands on responsibilities -Freedom to shadow and meet with anyone in the company, no matter what department

Cons

-Must allot for time to find street parking and then move car in the middle of the day

AwesomenessTV2017-04-19

"Intern at ATV"

I worked at AwesomenessTV

Pros

Free lunch and I got to do whatever I wanted because my supervisor barely talked to me and rarely ever gave me work to do.

Cons

Supervisors don't know what to do with their interns and they don't give them any work to do. When they do give you work to do it's busy work that doesn't even end up being used for anything. There are way too many interns - there wasn't even enough space for us all to sit at the intern table and they had to start moving people around to find us seats. Also, interns are unpaid.

Advice to Management

Don't hire interns for departments that are extremely slow, and don't hire so many interns. Also, if we do the work you ask for at least try to use it or teach us how to improve because it seems none of the work I did was used at all.

AwesomenessTV2016-08-16
  10. "Incredible Environment"

I worked at AwesomenessTV

Pros

One of the most fun places I've ever worked! Free lunch EVERY DAY, an awesome office lay out, and fun creative people.

Cons

Quick learning curve, and unforgiving toward careless error.

Advice to Management

Supply your interns with better resources and actually give them hands on training versus the typical "figure it out" method.

AwesomenessTV2016-05-29