Axalta "axalta" Reviews | Glassdoor

Axalta Employee Reviews about "axalta"

Updated Oct 16, 2019

3.4
Axalta Interim CEO Robert Bryant
Robert Bryant
Pros
  • "Trabajo en el centro que Axalta tiene en Asturias(in 15 reviews)

• "conhecimento total do processo, maior flexibilidade e bom acesso e ambiente de trabalho com diretores(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "axalta"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Summer Internship Program"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Axalta

Pros

Axalta has an awesome internship program with so many events planned for the interns to learn more. I always felt respected by management and was provided with many opportunities. I had such a great time working here and excited to go back!

Cons

I had a long commute

Axalta2018-03-05

"Great internship program, limited retention."

Intern

I worked at Axalta

Pros

As an intern, I always felt I was working on meaningful projects, some continued beyond my internship. The InventU Summit is a great way for the interns to meet each other and meet higher management.

Cons

Axalta advertises high retention of interns to full time employees, yet that is not the case. This year a large portion of interns did not get asked back. In my own experience, HR did not reached out to me or another past-intern by email or phone call. It was only after a month of reaching out to multiple HR people that I got a phone call, only to say my internship was in the wrong field for employment. My past-intern friend still has not received any communication about the status of his employment.

Advice to Management

Axalta has built up a great internship program, hiring talented students who do great work for the company. Hire them or at least answer their emails and calls. It is also misleading to students when Axalta is still actively scouting interns at universities when it’s known many of them will not be asked back.

Axalta2019-10-16

"All the good people are leaving"

Former Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Axalta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

When Axalta started it was an exciting change. Unfortunately management has changed and now everyone is looking forward to it being sold because upper management is so poor. There are still some very good people there.

Cons

Uncertainty about the future and key people leaving. HR does not know what they are doing, does not help the business, but inserts themselves in everything.

Axalta2019-08-28
  4. "Lab technician"

Current Contractor - Lab Technician in Mount Clemens, MI

I have been working at Axalta for more than a year

Pros

Nothing por about axalta they don’t care about hard working employees but they will the lazy ones that don’t do anything

Cons

Worst place to work at

Advice to Management

Do better job at managing

Axalta2019-01-11

"Jumping off the titanic"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Axalta full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Still a lot of good people still there (ex-DuPont) employees, very good people & great co-workers.

Cons

Since buyout in 2013 and becoming "axalta", completely different company. Only worried about share holders stock. Treat employees like garbage, pay structure is horrible, bonus is smallest of ALL competitors.

Advice to Management

Drain the swamp of upper / middle management. Micro managing is taking over an most all employee's moral is at all time low. Company is moving in opposite direction.

Axalta2017-08-07

"Unethical and Immoral"

I worked at Axalta full-time

Pros

Axalta has good benefits and pays well, there are opportunities for advancement if you work tirelessly and yield a result for the business.

Cons

Axalta is an unethical place, the leadership team would much prefer maintain poor management in place than retain their dedicated loyal employees who have fully immersed themselves in the business and created wealth in many areas that had not been done so before. If you are an employee who enjoys politics and deceit and will keep your head down and work to you are the perfect candidate for the company. Please note once you have served your purpose you will be strategically replaced.

Advice to Management

Leadership team get a clue you have loss an abundance of dedicated and loyal employees due to your strategies which have proved fruitless. Axalta has some of the best employees and the majority of them are unhappy and seeking employment with companies who care about great employees!

Axalta2017-04-25

"Company Falling Apart"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Mills, PA

I worked at Axalta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's difficult as a "newer" employee to say this, but the only Pros I found at Axalta in my 3 years would be the legacy DuPont people. They KNOW the business and how to make it work, treat others with respect, and have values. I've learned the most from those people because the new hires are clueless. I've been told I'm a "traitor" for voicing that opinion as the legacy people are considered to be dead weight that needs to be removed. Some of the newer people are good, but the best ones are in the mid to lower range roles.

Cons

Management/Leadership is made up of clueless people making bad decisions. Hiring people for jobs they can't handle, and promoting only new hires. I've worked at 3 different companies and this one by far has the worst leadership -- especially in Procurement and IT. No respect for people. Not just letting bad behavior continue - but promoting those doing it. --- It is also a cubicle environment, so constant interruptions all day. If you care about your job - be prepared to spend all your nights and weekends working because it's the only time you can actually think and concentrate. Cubicles are NOT promoting collaboration - but they do promote tension, stress, noise pollution, and frustration. Directors and above have offices so they don't understand or care about the cubicle complaints. But lets face it - it's much cheaper to just stick all your people in open pens.

Advice to Management

WAKE UP!! Your best people are leaving because of the choices you are making and word is getting around in the industry about how difficult Axalta is to both work At and work With. Most people have resumes out and are looking to get out -- fix it fast if you care.

Axalta2017-01-14
  8. "Monitoring process, from zero to end. Optimizing machine setting to improve productivity."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Axalta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly environment, productive area, managers that I have chance to work with them are all supportive and I am glad to have job at Axalta Coating Systems.

Cons

need to be available 24 hours 7 days a week.

Axalta2016-12-24

"A real strategic growth company"

I have been working at Axalta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Axalta is led by one of the best executive leadership teams who are singularly focused on building and leading a profitable business. The team is smart, focused, decisive and engaged. One of the true great places to work.

Cons

If you don't like to deliver results everyday you will not like Axalta

Advice to Management

Outstanding job

Axalta2016-02-23

"No direction, no leadership, no future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Mills, PA

I have been working at Axalta full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's a job and new hires have the opportunity to work with experienced staff that came from DuPont and who have not yet quit. New hires should take advantage of the experience and learn from them. Dupont respected people and trained them. Axalta does neither.

Cons

Don't invest in this company. Axalta is all about "spin". Upper management that has been brought in by the private equity firm that bought the business from DuPont is just spinning a story. It is sad to see a great business go down under incompetent leadership.

Advice to Management

The executives were all looking for a job having been laid off by their former employers. What does that tell you about their capabilities? They are riding success on the backs of experienced staff who came from DuPont. When the experienced people leave, what is left??

Axalta2016-03-04