Axiom Global Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Axiom Global CEO Elena Donio
Elena Donio

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great hours and work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• In terms of work environment you'd struggle to find a better place (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • You run the risk of not having work even when you want it if you are too fussy about which clients you work for or the type of work (in 5 reviews)

• People work round the clock even on weekends, makes it hard to maintain a work life balance when you constantly feel behind (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Genuinely different - a fantastic employer"

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Deep-rooted company culture that values difference and challenges you to think big. An innovative model and a very strong senior leadership team who make you feel like you're playing a key role in changing an industry. Generally very supportive colleagues and a competitive package. Opportunities for travel are good although depend on function; sense of global community is strong.

Cons

Rapid expansion means occasional fire drills and duplication of efforts - but this is improving.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture intact as the company grows!

"Unique Career Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience at Axiom has been refreshing. The culture here is awesome. I love that it is a radical new way to work. Axiom is still a relatively new company and it's exciting to be a part of something so innovative.

Everyone here is so helpful, communicative and talented. You will work with some of the best in their field. Some pros are...

- Many positions allow you to telecommute 100%
    - Get to work on exciting projects with amazing companies
    - HR does a great job in making sure you're happy
    - Great company events
    - Even though you're working as "temporary employee" at your client's site, you are a full time employee with Axiom, and they always make sure you feel at-home with Axiom
    - Offers professional development
    - Mentoring

Axiom is a global company and they work hard to make sure we're all connected to one another. I plan on working with this company for a long time.

Cons

- No 401k matching
    - Probably a great situation for more established workers that are at the top of their careers; can be difficult for a new worker to carve out a meaningful professional development plan for themselves working temp gigs (unless you work on the business side of Axiom.)
    - PTO on an accrual system and not many days off

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

3. "Counsel"

Current Employee - Counsel in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Counsel in New York, NY

I have been working at Axiom Global (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary, flexible work schedule

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

None

Axiom Global Response

Nov 15, 2017 – Attorney Talent Analyst

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s great to hear that you’re having such a good time with us. If you have any further feedback to share please email me at advance@axiomlaw.com... More

4. "No Career Growth - Clueless Management"

Former Employee - Attorney in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Attorney in Chicago, IL

I worked at Axiom Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work is very simple; easy to outperform other employees (low bar).

Cons

I. No career growth. Axiom simply outsources legal work and manages document reviews. There is nothing at the company besides a bridge to pick yourself up before starting a more meaningful career.

II. Cheap company (e.g. no 401K matching). The majority of project attorneys makes in the 50-60s. Many are not salaried. It's a chop-shop masquerading as "a legal technology company."

III. Projects end abruptly with false hopes of extensions. Managers blame clients for ending projects when most of the issues are poor communications and project management.

IV. The reason the company is rated highly on Glassdoor is because of an internal push by "business development" (aka Attorney Staffers) for a high rating.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees about opportunities (there are none).

Axiom Global Response

Nov 16, 2017 – Attorney Talent Analyst

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, we’re sorry you feel that way.

We value all the work our Contract Analysts do, and our goal here at Axiom is to foster an environment where all... More

5. "Axiom"

Current Employee - Attorney in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Attorney in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great clients
    interesting work
    staff is interested in attorney happiness - project assignments

Cons

the staffing side seems a bit young and inexperienced - sometimes a little bit like high school. immature folks.
    communications are not consistent

Advice to Management

Mentor younger, inexperienced staff members.
    Stop playing favorites

"Commercial Counsel"

Current Employee - Commercial Counsel in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Commercial Counsel in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Axiom values it's employees and does a lot to retain talent. Every interaction with Axiom is great. Axiom actually says to employees "we want you to be happy" and it goes above and beyond to make that happen.

Cons

Very little, if any cons. "Beach time" between engagements is the only thing I can think of as a con if you want to be continuously working full time.

7. "A great place to grow and learn a lot!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Dynamic, high-growth environment
    -Passionate, friendly team of people
    -Fun office events and in-office perks
    -Fair amount of PTO (18 days plus paid week off at Christmas)
    -Very open management - no cubicles or offices

Cons

-No 401K match
    -Pay isn't super competitive

Advice to Management

-Match 401K!

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time

Pros

I've been working at Axiom for just shy of 10 years and what's kept me with the company is knowing that it'd be near impossible to replicate the thoughtfulness, intellectual horsepower, and drive of my colleagues -- the values run deep at Axiom and they are fiercely protected and lived from the top down.

Because it's also a growing business with an ambitious mission, the only constant is change and that fosters the ability for employees at all levels of the organization to take initiative and make a mark for themselves. There's no shortage of work or will at Axiom, so if you're eager, it's a company that can really fuel and advance your career trajectory.

Cons

No 401k Match
    Because it's a growing company, the lack of structure or role definition can be difficult, especially for more junior team members. Adaptability makes it easier to thrive here, but it's not for everyone.

"It's all about the people"

Current Employee - Attorney Recruitment in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Attorney Recruitment in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Axiom's top priority is it's people - whether you are a member of the business team or an Axiom Lawyer, the company's goal is to allow all Axiomites to grow, develop and reach their personal and professional goals. At Axiom, employees have the rare opportunity to enact change at the ground level - while working with super smart, thoughtful and engaged team members. Employees at Axiom are encouraged to challenge one another and are constantly striving to improve - it's a unique culture that I believe would be difficult to find anywhere else.

Cons

Axiom is a growth company and, with that, comes some unsurprising growing pains - but for those with an entrepreneurial spirit and appetite for innovation, it makes for an exciting journey.

Advice to Management

Pay close attention to the culture, our values and opportunities for team member growth as we continue to expand.

"Great place to work for professional development and growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Axiom fosters an environment where all ideas are respected, hard work is rewarded, and your teammates generally care about your career development. In the 3 years that I've worked at the company, my role has changed multiple times, but each time to better align with the skills and experiences I wanted to build. It's refreshing to be surrounded by such smart people who are thoughtful, fun and committed to the company's success. It's a great place to work if you have an entrepreneurial bug, passionate client service, and interested in being apart of a massive transformation in the legal services industry.

Cons

As with many growth companies, the priorities of the organization are evolutionary and often roles/teams are a bit dynamic. While this can create some visibility challenges at times, it also presents opportunities to step into new roles and build new skillsets.

Advice to Management

It will be critical to preserve our Core Values as the company grows - it's what makes this place so special, and keeps all the exceptionally talented people here.