Axiom Global Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Axiom Global CEO Elena Donio
Elena Donio

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The real jewel in the crown is the work/life balance" (in 17 reviews)

• "In terms of work environment you'd struggle to find a better place" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Strong benefits package, but no 401k match" (in 12 reviews)

• "there's no work-life balance whatsoever" (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"It's great to work with Axiom"

Current Employee - Inhouse Attorney in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Inhouse Attorney in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Axiom is well-established and has relationships with many diverse companies, so it seems fairly easy to get placed in ongoing engagements. Also, their staff (at least in the SF office) are very friendly, welcoming, supportive, and provide lots of online and in-person resources (including many fun social events).

Cons

Can't think of any cons (except see "Advice to Management" below)

Advice to Management

Get your various benefits/compensation teams aligned to reduce the # of errors in implementation and payment of benefits/compensation. Also, it would be great to provide more/better benefits.

Jul 6, 2018 – Lawyer Talent Associate

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s great to hear that you’re having such a good time with us. We work with over half of the F100, which can only mean interesting and innovative... More

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Attorney in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Attorney in Houston, TX

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, helpful business team

Cons

Benefits could be better, no 401k match

Sep 20, 2018 – Lawyer Talent Associate

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying your Axiom journey! If you have any further feedback to share, please email me directly at... More

"Innovation and relentless improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Axiom embraces innovation and (thoughtful) experimentation. This permeates the entire organization, from product to corporate operations, and is actively promoted by the executive leadership team. "Innovation" isn't just a buzzword here, and you can see it manifested in the way teams operate. Work plans shift and change frequently, but it's not because there's no strategic direction; it's because people are constantly looking for ways to improve how we execute against our strategic priorities.

Cons

Internal infrastructure (both technology as well as process and policy development) needs to keep up with the pace of change so that people don't feel like they are being held back. Recent executive talent investments (CIO and GC) point to this being a top priority, but while they are ramping up, the structural challenges continue to be a source of frustration for many.

Advice to Management

Don't let the focus on innovation slip as we grow. Make sure that the infrastructure we need is set up to allow for the same level of agility and change embedded in our culture - this is what attracted and has kept many of us here. Provide more frequent global updates on the initiatives backed by the CIO and GC to motivate those who may be feeling discouraged. At the exec level: Over-communicate the rationale behind your decisions so that people don't misconstrue constant change as a lack of strategic direction.

"Document Review Attorney"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Axiom Global (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is pretty good and the company always orders food for the employees.

Cons

Micro managing employees can get tedious

"Axiom employment"

Current Employee - Atotrney in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Atotrney in New York, NY

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Axiom is a well run company that provides legal services on a contract basis to a variety of companies. The employees are all seasoned attorneys who work in a variety of capacities, primarily in corporate legal departments; engagements can last from months to years, and the company has been quite good in rapidly finding followup positions after an engagement ends. Benefits include health insurance (which can be continued while between engagements), paid vacation, 401 k, and paid holidays. The work schedule can usually be flexible, and many engagements can be performed remotely.

Cons

the biggest downside is that most engagements are temporary, and that the attorney will be changing where and how they work periodically. Also, while CLE is offered, it is sometimes difficult to take advantage of.

"Axiom Attorney who loves the job -- sometimes"

Current Employee - Attorney in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Attorney in New York, NY

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is potential of doing something exciting and new with every assignment, the staff is diverse, smart and fun, you are a part of the cutting edge in the legal profession -- those attributes are rare in law jobs.

Cons

You may not be working even when you want to be. Opportunities for growth within the structure are limited.

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to integrate attorneys meaningfully into the back-end/business side or decide that the effort is not worth it.

"All hype"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Axiom Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are great people at Axiom, and some really great teams. Beautiful offices and a ton of potential.

Cons

Axiom is NOT a tech company, but they state that they are so that should tell you a lot. If you don't play politics well you will not survive. Overall Axiom isn't being truthful with itself...there were many many stories about sexual harassment, company parties with too much booze, operations across all teams is a COMPLETE mess and there is zero unified strategy in place. Hands down the most disappointing years of my career spent here.

Advice to Management

Step up, be real. Learn how to coach people that have expertise or potential to drive the organization.

May 4, 2018 – Lawyer Talent Associate

Thank you for this candid feedback, and for taking the time to share it with us.

At Axiom, we aim to create a positive culture and work environment for all of our Axiomites. We’re sorry that you... More

"Allows flexibility and lifestyle choice"

Current Employee - Attorney in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Attorney in Washington, DC

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to choose hours
    Intro to great clients
    Perfect for an attorney who wants to work guaranteed hours and balance work and life-but you are compensated less as a result.

Cons

Submarket compensation when working hourly
    No 401K match
    PTO is not commensurate with level of experience of attorneys
    The structure is great for an independent person, but not for a new attorney who needs to learn how to practice law and gain expertise in a specific area. I have been lucky to have one assignment for the whole time I have worked here, but others say time "on the beach" can be extensive.
    Compensation for hourly engagements is based on a 50 hour week so if you work less than 50 hours you are not getting paid the salary you are quoted when hired- so take that in to account.

Advice to Management

At times attorneys are commoditized rather than seen as the experienced professionals they are. Compensate them accordingly and provide senior level PTO

"nice"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Axiom Global part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great pay for new employees

Cons

not reliable on the projects unless full time

Apr 6, 2018 – Lawyer Talent Associate

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

If you have any further feedback to share please email me directly at advance@axiomlaw.com.

Stephanie

"Great experience so far!"

Current Employee - Attorney in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Attorney in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Axiom Global part-time

Pros

This company offered me a very fair, market-competitive rate and I'm excited for new opportunities to grow here. A refreshing model that I think provides a win for all parties (client, attorney and Axiom) and provides agility in today's marketplace. Got my first engagement (in line with what I requested) in a matter of days. Looking forward to doing more with this company!

Cons

No cons yet. I'll update if that changes.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You're offering a model that attorneys who are ready for something new can truly get behind and grow for you. You're drawing in top talent at fair-to-excellent comp, which makes this a delightful place to work. Everyone benefits in this model, and I could not ask for a better setup for this season of my career. Excited to be part of this team!

Mar 27, 2018 – Lawyer Talent Associate

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying the Axiom journey and interesting work that we have to offer. If you have any further feedback to share... More