Axiom Global Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Axiom Global CEO Elena Donio
Elena Donio

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great hours and work-life balance" (in 15 reviews)

• "In terms of work environment you'd struggle to find a better place" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "there's no work-life balance whatsoever" (in 6 reviews)

• "Strong benefits package, but no 401k match" (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"It's great to work with Axiom"

Current Employee - Inhouse Attorney in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Inhouse Attorney in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Axiom is well-established and has relationships with many diverse companies, so it seems fairly easy to get placed in ongoing engagements. Also, their staff (at least in the SF office) are very friendly, welcoming, supportive, and provide lots of online and in-person resources (including many fun social events).

Cons

Can't think of any cons (except see "Advice to Management" below)

Advice to Management

Get your various benefits/compensation teams aligned to reduce the # of errors in implementation and payment of benefits/compensation. Also, it would be great to provide more/better benefits.

Jul 6, 2018 – Lawyer Talent Associate

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s great to hear that you’re having such a good time with us. We work with over half of the F100, which can only mean interesting and innovative... More

"Axiom employment"

Current Employee - Atotrney in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Atotrney in New York, NY

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Axiom is a well run company that provides legal services on a contract basis to a variety of companies. The employees are all seasoned attorneys who work in a variety of capacities, primarily in corporate legal departments; engagements can last from months to years, and the company has been quite good in rapidly finding followup positions after an engagement ends. Benefits include health insurance (which can be continued while between engagements), paid vacation, 401 k, and paid holidays. The work schedule can usually be flexible, and many engagements can be performed remotely.

Cons

the biggest downside is that most engagements are temporary, and that the attorney will be changing where and how they work periodically. Also, while CLE is offered, it is sometimes difficult to take advantage of.

"Axiom Attorney who loves the job -- sometimes"

Current Employee - Attorney in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Attorney in New York, NY

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is potential of doing something exciting and new with every assignment, the staff is diverse, smart and fun, you are a part of the cutting edge in the legal profession -- those attributes are rare in law jobs.

Cons

You may not be working even when you want to be. Opportunities for growth within the structure are limited.

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to integrate attorneys meaningfully into the back-end/business side or decide that the effort is not worth it.

"All hype"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Axiom Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are great people at Axiom, and some really great teams. Beautiful offices and a ton of potential.

Cons

Axiom is NOT a tech company, but they state that they are so that should tell you a lot. If you don't play politics well you will not survive. Overall Axiom isn't being truthful with itself...there were many many stories about sexual harassment, company parties with too much booze, operations across all teams is a COMPLETE mess and there is zero unified strategy in place. Hands down the most disappointing years of my career spent here.

Advice to Management

Step up, be real. Learn how to coach people that have expertise or potential to drive the organization.

May 4, 2018 – Lawyer Talent Associate

Thank you for this candid feedback, and for taking the time to share it with us.

At Axiom, we aim to create a positive culture and work environment for all of our Axiomites. We’re sorry that you... More

"nice"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Axiom Global part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great pay for new employees

Cons

not reliable on the projects unless full time

Apr 6, 2018 – Lawyer Talent Associate

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

If you have any further feedback to share please email me directly at advance@axiomlaw.com.

Stephanie

"Great experience so far!"

Current Employee - Attorney in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Attorney in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Axiom Global part-time

Pros

This company offered me a very fair, market-competitive rate and I'm excited for new opportunities to grow here. A refreshing model that I think provides a win for all parties (client, attorney and Axiom) and provides agility in today's marketplace. Got my first engagement (in line with what I requested) in a matter of days. Looking forward to doing more with this company!

Cons

No cons yet. I'll update if that changes.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You're offering a model that attorneys who are ready for something new can truly get behind and grow for you. You're drawing in top talent at fair-to-excellent comp, which makes this a delightful place to work. Everyone benefits in this model, and I could not ask for a better setup for this season of my career. Excited to be part of this team!

Mar 27, 2018 – Lawyer Talent Associate

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying the Axiom journey and interesting work that we have to offer. If you have any further feedback to share... More

"this place walks the walk"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Axiom on the West Coast for several years, after a few years in law firms and in-house. The leadership team and headquarters folks of all levels are genuinely, and I mean genuinely, committed to the experience of their clients and their lawyers. The team members who interact with the attorney community are evaluated based on the feedback the attorneys provide, and the sales teams work hard to elevate the profiles of Axiom attorneys above the noise of the legal industry and all the local secondment and staffing companies. As an employee of Axiom, I feel like I can email anyone I want, about anything, and get a thoughtful response.

Axiom is making some big investments in technology and in delivery centers, but from what I see, they spend far more time and money on the attorney-focused business and on their attorney community. They see attorneys as ambassadors to clients and the surest way to keep their brand strong. So their commitment to the lawyers is good business, and they know it,

Cons

Time between engagements is a risk, especially for people with niche skillsets, but the company is upfront about that. Also, a little more communication on the company's global initiatives would be helpful.

Advice to Management

Axiom is getting bigger and bigger. Fight to keep the personal touches intact. So far, so good.

"Amazing!"

Current Employee - Lawyer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Lawyer in New York, NY

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture, flexibility, career growth, professional development, exceptional staff

Cons

Some issues due to rapid growth, although that's unavoidable

Advice to Management

Keep showing how much you appreciate your lawyers!

Feb 23, 2018 – Lawyer Talent Associate

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying the journey with us.

If there is anything else we can improve on, please email me at... More

"Overall great experience"

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Axiom Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dedicated and caring senior management team. Overall good communication. Thoughtful handling of employees. Emphasis on culture and culture building in face of rapid geo expansion.

Cons

Spotty hiring on senior management team. Too late to tech party. Playing catch up. New software CTO should legitimize efforts to become more tech enabled.

Advice to Management

Get the tech right.

Feb 12, 2018 – Lawyer Talent Associate

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying the journey so far.

We think we’re moving in the right direction and are excited about where Doug... More

"WASTE OF TIME!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO

Cons

Uh, let's see....oh that's right, after multiple phone and in-person interviews to get accepted by Axiom, I've had exactly ZERO interviews with any actual employers. I'm in my mid 50s and have held senior attorney/exec positions at several companies and have an ivy league education so when Axiom execs countered my 'ageism' concerns at every level of their overly long acceptance process, I was inclined to believe them. Wrongo. Zero interviews after TWO YEARS!

Advice to Management

Don't waste people's time.

Feb 16, 2018 – Lawyer Talent Associate

Thanks for taking the time share your feedback with us.

We look for lawyers of all levels from early career through careers spanning four decades, as do many of our clients. While we can't... More