Axiom Medical Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Axiom Medical Consulting Reviews

Updated 6 Aug 2019

4.0
Axiom Medical Consulting CEO Mark Robinson (no image)
Mark Robinson
  1. "Growing Team!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Axiom Medical Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growth, endless sales opportunities, change for the positive, team atmosphere.

Cons

with growth comes change, employees must be driven but flexible

Axiom Medical Consulting2019-08-06

"A GREAT place to work!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Axiom Medical Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Axiom offers a positive working culture that includes a supportive HR and executives that interact with employees regularly. The moving parts and dynamics of the company offer opportunities to grow while you work in a unique field of nursing. I love coming to work everyday!

Cons

You have to be flexible as changes happen quickly in this fast-paced environment. If you prefer a rigid, structured and static working environment, then Axiom may not be the best fit for you. You will work hard but you are recognized for your efforts and supported by leadership.

Advice to Management

With company expansion, there comes a need for standardization of practice to ensure everyone is on the same page. Excited to see how this company continues to grow in the years to come!!

Axiom Medical Consulting2019-07-26
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Young Agile Growing Company"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse Case Manager

I have been working at Axiom Medical Consulting full-time

Pros

I like the people I work with, and management is working to improve things constantly like changing our shifts to 4 tens or 3 12's. Also the bonus program, is great, and insurance benefits are improving.

Cons

Would love to work from home.

Advice to Management

Start a pilot program to test the waters for work from home options. The state of Utah just did one, and found productivity and retention went up.

Axiom Medical Consulting2019-07-12
  5. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Axiom Medical Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

At Axiom, you will constantly be exposed to new opportunities and new challenges. Since joining Axiom, I have grown both professionally and personally. They provide a great work / life balance and you couldn't ask for a better work environment to walk in to every day! The Executives and management are directly involved in the day-to-day. You may not always see them, but they are in the building and they are... working just as hard as the rest of us. Each quarter, the Executives set aside time to hold a live-stream meeting for all employees (simultaneously across both offices) and answer questions about current happenings, future goals, and any conflicts or challenges they may see. And yes... the CEO does really make the rounds to offer a cheery "Good morning!" to everyone. It really does make such a difference knowing that these folks are in the office putting in just as much work as their employees are! The team-mentality is evident across all departments, too. It doesn't matter if you're a nurse, a salesperson, a developer, etc... You really feel like you're a part of something here at Axiom because you're part of a team that's bigger than just your small part in it all. They've done a wonderful job of bringing together employees from both Utah and Texas and somehow making us all feel like a team -- even from completely different states. Every day is another chance to prove yourself; whether that's by perfecting your "craft", or learning a new one, management is always seeking to find talent from within that they can foster and cultivate into something great! Axiom is excellent about promoting from within. They recognize the natural talent, as well as the formal training / skills, and find new ways to help you utilize that. Since being with Axiom I've seen so many employees promoted into other departments or positions of leadership, I've seen entirely new positions created based on an individual's skills, and I've even seen entire departments formed from nothing when a need for a specific function was identified! The company is growing, and like any growth process, there are some "growing pains" associated with it; and part of that process is recognizing that what may have worked as a smaller company might not work going forward. This has led to a lot of changes, but I've seen less chaos and drama at this company than anywhere else. If you come in looking for it, I'm sure it's possible to find (as it would be anywhere).... But make no mistake management is looking for it too, and they are actively making changes to stop it in its tracks. Yes, there are some managers / team leads who haven't been in those more senior-level roles before, but they are just another example of talent found within. They are growing, and learning, and being challenged too -- just at a higher level! Each of those employees were hand-picked for the roles they are in because they have proven their abilities in some way. They are still being challenged to learn and grow in a management capacity, and their success and opportunity for growth is just as important as the employees in the more entry-level positions. Overall, Axiom is putting a lot of thought and planning behind building a TEAM! Whether you're just starting your career, or already established in it, Axiom is a great place to be! I have valued my time here immensely, and I hope to continue growing here. As a company, Axiom certainly won't be able to offer every employee a chance to rise through the rankings and up to the top: it's just not possible from a business stand-point. But they do an amazing job of recognizing talent and always try to find a way to incorporate it into their business. If you're looking for a place of opportunity, challenge, and growth - look no further: Axiom is it!

Cons

Sometimes there's a lot of dishes in the breakroom sink... it would be nice if everyone would be a team player on that front, but in the grand scheme of things I feel that's a very small problem.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging your employees and helping us grow!!

Axiom Medical Consulting2019-06-04
  6. "An Experience Unlike Any Other"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse Case Manager in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Axiom Medical Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent pay with potential for nice bonuses; benefits are pretty standard with many options; comfortable work space; clear expectations and standards; regular and ongoing feedback for continual improvement; generously provides midday meals during very busy times; It feels like there is vast potential for real advancement; the PTO allotment is appreciated, though I don't like that it's use-or-lose with no option to... accrue/roll-over part of it for the next year. But it's a generous amount and the holiday coverage calendar is more than fair, in my opinion. I really like my schedule and the location of the office. I like most of those with whom I work. It is an entirely different kind of nursing than I had even thought existed. The content of the job is simple; the many and inter-related parts to the processes is not - it's that which is challenging. But it's a good sort of challenging.

Cons

There is a goodly amount of thinly-veiled micromanagement from afar; there is no on-site leadership; there is a lot of talk about wanting people to step up to be leaders but then nobody is brought into that role. There is a feeling of generalized 'favoritism' and there is definitely a difference in 'attitude' between Texas & Utah offices. 'Teamwork' feels like a euphemism for those who 'take on others' tasks so... they don't have to'. We're told that we can decline, but really - you can't decline because one time too often and then you're not a team player and that doesn't fit in with Axiom culture. The atmosphere is generally pleasant, most co-employees are congenial and get along well together - but there are a few very negative nellies which can tend to poison the area a bit with their gossipy complaints, but overall the environment is supportive - except when it isn't, generally from the other office/leadership. Just when you think you're doing ok and even getting better at things, you get hit with a lot of gathered evidence that you're not. To be fair, they're clear where the failing is and how to overcome it. Unrelated, but another thing that is disappointing is how newer employees doing the same job are being hired at higher salaries.

Advice to Management

So far, the pros to working here still far outweigh the cons, but I can see where that balance can change quickly. And, can we please do something about these terrible desk chairs?

Axiom Medical Consulting2019-06-08
  7. "A Learning Opportunity"

Former Employee - Content Marketing Specialist in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Axiom Medical Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall, a great group of people. Nikki, Dom, Tony, Juliette, Cami. Working hard earns you growth opportunity, bonuses, etc. I was able to fine tune some of my skills as a marketer, but I had to proactively seek them out. If you're motivated, this is a good place for you. The CEO is a nice, super smart guy who will come by everyone's desk every morning to say hello. This is a great stepping stones career that you... can learn and grow from.

Cons

Axiom is changing by the day. What you walk into it on day 1 isn't what it will be like on day 90 so brace yourself. so there's a high turnover. They will 'change direction' without giving you warning. People are being promoted to management without having any experience managing. They need training to learn how to effectively build and communicate in order to achieve a cohesive team that feels valued. I never did... and there were days my manager didn't talk to us at all. That needs to be changed.

Advice to Management

No comment.

Axiom Medical Consulting2019-05-15
  8. "Proceed With Caution"

Former Employee - Central Service in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Axiom Medical Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

* The pay is competitive and very good. * I enjoyed the benefits I had while working at Axiom and even better the medical is free! * There are some very nice and intelligent people that work here.

Cons

I'm not sure where to start when it comes to my time working at Axiom. I loved my job when I first started but the longer I stayed things just didn't seem right for me. For starters since Axiom is a smaller company I feel like they do not operate like a "normal" company. Favoritism runs rampant here it appears. I've never worked at a company where it seemed like everyone was out for each other every minute of... every day. The work environment here was extremely toxic for me and there are people in managerial positions who don't seem to have the qualifications to be. Drama seems to unfold every day and you really have to be careful of what you say around certain people. If you do decide to work here, just keep to yourself. Also, the turnover rate here appears to be extremely high, they cycle through nurses consistently and they are the core of the company.

Advice to Management

Listen to ALL of your employees and listen to these reviews. There are multiple reviews on here about favoritism in the company.

Axiom Medical Consulting2019-06-03

"AMAZING place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Axiom Medical Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Co-workers Fast Paced environment TONS to learn Amazing work/life balance

Cons

Only one choice for health insurance

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Axiom Medical Consulting2019-04-22
  10. "A+ Company"

Current Employee - Central Service Specialist in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Axiom Medical Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is growing and there are a lot of opportunities to advance. The environment is very friendly. Its the best job I've ever had.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Axiom Medical Consulting2019-02-22

"Great if you like being put down and treated poorly"

Former Employee - Nurse Case Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Axiom Medical Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

The money is great. Going to Texas is nice for a run down of the company. Tony in upper management is great and really sells the company and is super funny

Cons

The trainers and overall culture in the salt lake office is not just bad but absolutely terrible! Very dog eat dog and everybody just wants to be the “ favorite” because they actually get treated like a human being when management likes them. I have never seen a worse work culture. Watched a lady beg for her job, then told she was simply “ not good enough, and they don’t even know how she made it past the interview... process” then removed her bags and stuff from her desk, would not allow her to go get her belongings.

Advice to Management

when using people to train others, hire people that don’t like to put people down in front of others and use favoritism.

Axiom Medical Consulting2019-03-29