Axis Technology, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great to Work for"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Axis Technology, LLC (More than 8 years)

Pros

Everyone gets treated like a real professional and treated well
    Management is very involved
    Good client base.

Cons

Needs to gain scale
    Would be great to add additional consulting specialties

Advice to Management

Partner with other players

2. "Program Mgmt"

Current Employee - Program/Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Program/Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Axis Technology, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NONE: Change in Management in last couple of years. Current management acts very unprofessionally to both employees and clients. Not sure how they expect to stay in business, especially considering they are in a service business...

Cons

Lack of professionalism has caused them to have fewer consulting opportunities: A large client took Axis Technology off their approved list of future vendors for a few reasons including the fact that Axis could not even be bothered calling the client for over a year to check in on their existing consultants and assignments. Axis Technology got mad and spiteful about not being approved for new business, so they refused to allow the client to renew contracts related to existing Consultants and contracts. That would be ok IF They communicated this to the client and consultants nicely. Instead, they led the client and their consultants to believe they would allow the contract renewals and waited until the last second and then did not sign (still no phone call, email, etc. to the client or consultants who were on staff for 2 years). The client was furious and had to make several calls to client to get a response.

I have since been told they are no longer "approved" at a few other large clients/banks in NYC... There is good reason for this. They are unprofessional. STAY AWAY.

Advice to Management

Is there any senior management? The Client actually asked me if I knew someone in management that they could contact.

3. "It was a pleasant experience, I enjoyed it."

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Everyone I met was friendly, and there was a lot of trust in the office. I felt a great sense of freedom and also very motivated to stay on task while I was there.

Cons

I didn't really encounter any challenges while I was there. It was a very quiet office most of the time.

Advice to Management

My advice is to keep doing what you're doing. I think most people will find the culture at Axis very refreshing.

4. "Professional, Talented, Friendly, 'Family' oriented company focused on delivering results."

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

Supportive and responsive culture, while focus still remains on delivering positive benefits to clients. Everyone in the organization is focused on providing support to each consultant/resource, producing results for the clients, etc. Make enjoyable and professional environment.

Cons

Not enough opportunities exist to participate in challenging roles, due in large part to fulfill immediate needs of the various client. Projects are based upon direct need - not what consultants desire; this is expected as part of the overall consulting nature.

Advice to Management

Providing consulting services during this time-frame is difficult. Client organizations are in the driver's seat - not much one may change until the economic conditions change.

5. "Well organized professional technical staff augmentation company"

Former Employee - CPM Scheduler III in Pascagoula, MS
    Former Employee - CPM Scheduler III in Pascagoula, MS

Pros

Well organized. Staff support for any information you need, timely pay.

Cons

Just like most staffing company, wouldn't be able to pay you if client suddenly downsize or layoff.

Advice to Management

Just little advice to HR that need to be proactive in letting know new hire if loses any PTO before year end.

6. "Axis Technology, LLC - like a family"

I have been working at Axis Technology, LLC full-time

Pros

Smart, hard working and good people. Excellent benefits. great engagements. All employees are treated fairly and equally. Great exposure to the latest and greatest technologies.

Cons

Needs a total reorganization of sales team

7. "Exceptionally talented and friendly people are the norm within this company."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

Pros

Talented, friendly and supportive culture with a salary structure designed to ensure their employees feel they are valued. The three partners are highly skilled within their fields, down-to-earth and are responsive to their employees.

Cons

Many of the projects Axis drives/develops/delivers for their clients are highly complex and sometimes the hours can be fairly excessive during different phases of a given project - not an unusual situation for PM work in any company.

Advice to Management

Axis senior mgt treats their employees well and are doing a great job. They should continue on their current path.

8. "I enjoy working for Axis Technology."

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Boston, MA

Pros

They try to recognize your hard work by having lunch's or after work outings every quarter.

Cons

Don't communicate opportunities of growth.

Advice to Management

I think management overall is doing a great job.

9. "At least it is not an unpaid internship."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

This company has been and continues to grow and when compared to the overall industry, they are bucking the trend.

Cons

working for Axis can be very isolated as you are typically placed at the client site with limited if any contact with the rest of the company.

Advice to Management

Involve the employees more in the business development process as they are the grunts on the ground working with the clients on a day to day basis.

"They Take Care of their People"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

The company was very much concerned with being fair to their people. Their benefits were better than expected for a small firm. They were efficient with T&E expenses and were flexible in regard to work/life arrangements.

Cons

As a small firm there was no company 401(k) match offered to employees at the time when I was working there.

Advice to Management

I thought that the firm was well run and that my contributions were appreciated. The yearly company outings were fun and were broadly enjoyed.