Axtria Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jaswinder (Jassi) S Chadha

Pros
  • Work life balance is also really good (in 10 reviews)

• It is truly a progressive culture with lots of smart people to learn from (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is really good compared to other companies (in 28 reviews)

• no work life balance, less salary( according to work) (in 8 reviews)

"Good management"

I have been working at Axtria full-time

Pros

I have worked at other places but I don't know of any other company in the data analytics market that has better management than axtria. Leaders and senior managers are really good and known experts in the industry. I think this along with great company culture is why the company is growing so fast.

Cons

It has been a really good experience for me both personally and professionally - so can't think of any cons.

"work impact..!"

I have been working at Axtria full-time

Pros

Axtria offers good opportunity to work on some high impact data problems. This exposure is really a game changer, and the main reason I plan to continue working here in the next few years. I have worked at other data analytics companies and the work there was draining as they never used any new approaches or technologies. I also love the open work culture and smart people you get to work with.

Cons

There could be improvements made in terms of support functions like HR, etc. Company is working on it, but it is difficult to get timely action on many things. The problem is also due to fast growth, and these functions were not ready for so many people, i guess.

Advice to Management

please improve support processes..

"Flat Organization"

I have been working at Axtria full-time

Pros

Really good culture here - truly a flat organization. You have access to everyone within the company. Even an analyst level person can reach out to leadership and discuss stuff. This provides great opportunity to work with some very smart and successful people who are leaders in the space.

Cons

Commute is an issue for me. Company is close to NYC but not in NYC, which makes a big difference.

"Aggressive and Successful"

I have been working at Axtria full-time

Pros

I have been at this company for more than 4 years. I have seen some really good days for both Axtria and myself. Company is doing well and it means growth for employees, good opportunities, and impactful work at large companies. Great culture, good training and smart people.

Cons

I have also seen bad and stressful days and company is growing rapidly so it creates some efficiency issues.

Advice to Management

keep tight control over the progressive culture as the company grows

"Best experience ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Heights, NJ

I have been working at Axtria full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I do not understand why there are so many employees complaining about the company.
    Here is my experience, before I could join the HR team and my future manager helped me with everything I needed to move to NJ. The immigration process was as smooth as it could have been and I really appreciate the company having filed for my transfer on premium and I hadn't even asked for that. The relocation package offered to me was massive - way above the industry average. Once I moved the relocation team was so helpful they booked a hotel close to the office for the whole family, not just me, all this for 15 days and no questions asked. They even helped me find an apartment, they even paid the broker who assisted with finding the apartment, covered as a part of the relocation process. My travel for the first two weeks was also fully covered.
    The pay and benefits are great to top it off.
    401k is top notch, unmatched in the industry.
    Here is a company that really knows how to take care of its employees.
    Whenever I've had questions about HR policies - the response has been excellent, the HR team is so prompt and knowledgeable about all policies it's unbelievable.
    It amazes me how such a young company has such a robust set of policies and procedures.
    Even the client travel allowances are very generous.

I do not understand why there are so many complaints, I can talk for myself and my experience was nothing but great.

Cons

You can have occasional long days but who doesn't?
    Work can be challenging but that's what motivates me.
    Not sure how the company is making profits despite splurging on employees so much.
    Spends way too much on non revenue generating aspects like HR, immigration, employee satisfaction, I think they're overdoing it for some reason.

Advice to Management

The fact that you are growing at such a fast pace with such little attrition implies that you are doing something right.
    Keep at it and you'll reach unattainable heights.
    You might want to reduce the excesses you are giving employees. Employees will get used to it in the long run and it will hit your bottom line.
    High salaries with such exceptional employee benefits is really not a good combination for long term profits.

"Analytics Company"

I have been working at Axtria full-time

Pros

A great start to my career, data analytics is one of the best fields. Axtria provided me good opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

There are some middle management issues due to rapid growth - all of sudden managers have dozen of people to manage - but the management is committed to solving these issues.

Advice to Management

Please help managers so they can help their direct reports.

"Growing but startup type"

I have been working at Axtria full-time

Pros

Axtria is growing fast and hiring a lot of people but environment is still very startup like. Teams are very helpful, good smart colleagues, progressive culture means fast growth, and really good training. overall - great experience.

Cons

My experience has been all positive as I have grown really fast here with quick growth along with salary increases. So, no complaints.

Advice to Management

nothing.

"Pharma Data Analytics"

I have been working at Axtria full-time

Pros

Very few - if any company is better at pharma commercial data analytics than Axtria. People here really understand data at all levels - whether it is data management, BI, commercial analytics platforms, or data science. Really smart people all around from top universities, and fortune 500 companies. Culture is good - progressive, interactive and very open.

Cons

Company is trying to diversify - this can lead to stress on growing functions - the good thing is that revenue is growing fast..

Advice to Management

remain focused on the growing segments of the business.

"Diverse and fun environment"

I have been working at Axtria full-time

Pros

One of the things I like about Axtria is the diverse set of people, not just from where they come from, but also from different educational and corporate backgrounds. You get to learn a lot from these smart people. The culture here is so much fun and you get to do a lot of impactful work.

Cons

My manager could be better - just kidding :)

"Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Heights, NJ

I have been working at Axtria full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A management focused on organic and holistic growth, with work quality and emphasis on innovation taking the front seats

Cons

Is slightly conservative when it comes to employee compensation.