Axway "good people" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Axway Employee Reviews about "good people"

Updated Oct 17, 2019

3.9
Axway CEO Patrick Donovan
Patrick Donovan
Pros
  • "All in all, the work life balance here is one of the best I have seen(in 15 reviews)

• "Really nice office environment with great people(in 14 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "good people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "On-boarding New Hire Experience"

Current Employee - Renewal Specialist I in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Axway full-time

Pros

I've just recently started with Axway in February and the entire experience has been extremely organized, professional and very smoothly run. Since I've been here I've already met so many co-workers from other departments through some really fun social events that Axway has put on. My training program has been extremely helpful, structured and collaborative. I love the people and I've enjoyed being looped in by the management team regarding product launches, news within the company, etc. I definitely recommend Axway if you're interested in working for a good company with good people!

Cons

I can't think of any at the moment to be completely honest...maybe a little bit more detailed hands-on training on the products that the Renewals team works with.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing :)

Axway2019-04-16

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Principal Project Manager

I worked at Axway full-time

Pros

Good People and culture. Good set of products. Good benefits. Nice working environment.

Cons

Teams are located in many geographical areas. Challenging to find suitable time to all.

Axway2019-10-17

"Sales - French leadership in US with unusual business practices. Sometimes toxic and struggling."

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Axway full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits and some good people

Cons

This is not a good place for career minded growth people, it’s a job at best. Not a company of excellence

Advice to Management

If possible, bring in new blood who have worked at premier companies and understand what good business practices look like.

Axway2019-09-20

"Who's next after Ferrante?"

A New One Soon in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Axway for more than 3 years

Pros

A few good, solid core products out of many that aren't so successful. Change of sales management was over due, so Nick Ferrante leaving should be a plus and one less IBM/Sterling person in that large overgrown family.

Cons

Excessive hires from IBM/Sterling is akin to inbreeding and it's results - stymied new ideas and often went back to what IBM/Sterling did versus letting employees grow and contribute and see a path. some of those hires were so bad it chased good people out

Advice to Management

Bring in variety of newer and more contemporary ideas to market and sell Axway solutions or partner better. Sales are barely on plan and there is no windfall of leads leaving many thinking we can't keep up with the competition.

Axway2017-12-28

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Axway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very flexible, nice team of good people Many things I have learned while employed Nice pay

Cons

Messy unstructured upper management Too many Team meetings (sometimes few a day) which prompts from doing your actual job

Advice to Management

Reduce the number of meetings Stop buying unnecessary expensive tools which are usually no use Think or advice from the professionals about more efficient way of managing data and any other workflows - before buying some glamorous tools here & there

Axway2017-07-19

"Stay Away!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Axway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Sort of casual. The worker bees are good people overall.

Cons

Where do I start? The new CEO is worse than the old CEO. I didn't think that was possible. He is running the company into the ground and making bank for himself. Product management is clueless. Products are old and falling apart at the seams and there is no product roadmap in place, just deal with favorite customer fires. Hack in a special feature for them and wait until it messes up other customers with unforeseen side-effects. All the good people have left and the few that remain behind either are afraid to look for a new job because they have become obsolete like the products the've been maintaining or just don't care and hope to ride it out as long as they can. Senior management changes happen but they replace one bad French person for a worse French person. No opportunites for career growth. If you are a developer or tester, they will suck your talent dry and leave you obsolete, but more than likely they will not use your talent and make you work with old tech and you will become obsolete that way too.

Advice to Management

I have advice for management, but believe me they wouldn't listen anyway. For anyone reading I make the following subjective claim: Any positive reviews about this company on this site is probably a senior level person at Axway who is trying to make the company look better than it is by skewing the rankings. Nobody I know at that company is happy, intact most are pretty miserable.

Axway2017-05-10

"Management clueless"

in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Axway

Pros

Good benefits. People are smart. Many US staff are good people.

Cons

Management is clueless, no new product.

Advice to Management

Get a strategy

Axway2016-04-08

"Mediocre Software company, with horrible politics and software quality."

Current Employee -

I have been working at Axway full-time

Pros

Work life balance - A lot of positions you can work remote People - There are a lot of good people in certain groups (Services mainly). Marketing and Management seem to be able to project vision to the marketplace Benefits - Average to above average.

Cons

Culture: Is absolutely horrendous. It's way to political in all aspects and people seem to be in CYA mode constantly. There is NO accountability at all, especially in the R&D space. You must learn the French culture of doing things to even survive. Almost all key/high level positions are French own, making if difficult in certain areas of the globe. Products: Are of the poorest quality which makes selling, supporting, and doing PSO work a nightmare. The R&D group does NOT perform proper Q&A on any of it's products. Key areas like Performance, Functionality, and Security are grossly ignored. There are also TO MANY PRODUCTS. Axway claims it's selling an enterprise solution. In reality, it's a bunch of different products that have been "slapped" together over their history of acquiring companies/products. That along with the product teams not "sync'ed" makes doing business on all levels impossible. Career Growth: Little to none if you are not French. My overall advice to people who are looking to work here is to find your niche, else, the main areas such as PSO/Support/Sales can be a nightmare to deal with. There is little "career growth" and deal with MAJOR product quality issues is something that you don't want to deal with.

Advice to Management

GET IN THE GYM! The company has become to fat with management and politics which is causing you to lag behind and be inefficient. STREAMLINE YOUR PRODUCTS, IMPROVE QUALITY!!!!!!!!!! It's getting out in the industry that Axway product quality is very bad and require LOTs of PSO (Man hours) to implement/upgrade. When you have companies suing you after failed projects and others leaving for your competitors you should blame the right group. R&D!!!!!!!!!!! NOT PSO/SUPPORT/SALES Listen to you voice of your customers and act!

Axway2013-10-15

"9-5 govt. job with no accountability"

I worked at Axway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Lack of accountability - good place to work if you can suck up. You will be on fast track.

Cons

- Too much politics. - Top management oblivious - BU managers incompetent and very political - People stay because of bad economy. More opportunities outside will result in more good people leaving

Advice to Management

It is not difficult. Define tangible KPIs for BUs and fire the managers if they don't deliver. Hold them accountable

Axway2013-08-29

"Poor APAC structure"

Former Employee - Senior Presales in Sydney

I worked at Axway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Met some very good people across the globe

Cons

The APAC region reeks of negativity which pervasive across the region. The rot begins at the top and seeps below. There's an understated culture of cultural bigotry, greed and apathy which has the hallmarks of what this organization has come to represent.

Axway2018-11-21