Axxess Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
John Olajide

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Monday Lunches and Free Snacks and Beverages (in 11 reviews)

• This atmosphere is paired with a flexible work environment, free lunch, snacks and drinks; along with happy hours, after-work socials, and SO much more (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • No Cons instead a strong word of advice for those seeking employment here (in 10 reviews)

• Still a new company with usual growing pains (in 9 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Axxess part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great TEAM of co-workers fun working environment . Opportunity to grow personally and professionally. Large company benefits with small company personal concern and consideration for all of our TEAM members.

Cons

I enjoy working for Axxess there are no downsides other than the normal personality conflicts most growing companies encounter.

2. "Wow! Amazing company with genuine people and sincere care for their team!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Axxess full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Axxess is a great place to work! I was slightly skeptical at first with the Google-esque atmosphere complete with modern open offices, pool table, video games, a nap room and more. I wondered could they really be this cool? Did folks regularly zip around on scooters? Did the C-level leadership really stop by your desk, say good morning and see how things were going? I also wondered with all of their employee appreciation initiatives if they were sincere and genuine? Did the entire team really share a meal together every Monday? Or was this all to win me over during the interview and tour?

After more than a year here I can honestly say “yes” to all of the above and that it really is this great! Axxess treats you like a member of their family and I have a tremendous amount of respect for the CEO, CFO, COO and senior leadership. The success Axxess has achieved isn’t by accident- they clearly have the right mix of people, passion and excellence.

The company provides catered meals every Monday for all staff. On your birthday they decorate your desk and spoil you with candies and fresh baked cookies delivered complete with a card that says, “Happy Birthday from your Axxess Family”! Not to mention the end of year holiday party that rivals Fortune 100 companies.

Axxess has high performance expectations but provides the right kind of environment for us to thrive!

Cons

Open office set-up can take some getting used to.
    You might gain a few pounds from the catered food and snacks- no joke!

Advice to Management

We appreciate all that you do and know well that you don’t have to do it- most companies don’t! But it makes a difference and we notice. All of the initiatives mentioned above help build trust, respect and a healthy amount of loyalty in the employee/employer relationship.

"Axxess isn't for everyone"

I have been working at Axxess full-time

Pros

Axxess has provided me the ability to learn about culture, business and what is important in a career.

Cons

It is true what is said throughout the positive and negative reviews of Axxess, that it isn't for everyone. Axxess is a successful business in spite of itself. The sad part is the potential for more success is only hindered by Axxess itself.

I don't want this to be a rant or disgruntled employee post, so I will focus on the business as a whole. What Axxess lacks is maturity as a corporation. Axxess is still very young. Not only have they been in business less than 10 years, but their employee experience averages less than that. Therefore, as decisions are made, not many people have the ability to see the pros and cons of any one decision. So, a number of things come back to "haunt" you. Growth is an amazing thing and can happen in a number of ways, but a company like Axxess will not become a company like Apple in 12 months. There is time, patience and understanding needed to successfully grow a company that is sustainable, efficient and scalable. Axxess does not value time, Axxess does not have patience and they surely do not understand the importance of either.

When an employee is hired to do a particular job, it is typically because of their experience and expertise in that area of business. This is not always the case at Axxess. Everyone has the same job description, which creates confusion on accountability and ownership. Also, with the aforementioned "young" culture, the amount of experience hired is not advanced enough to step up and OWN their direction and vision. Therefore, the decisions end up being made by the most confident person in the room or the most senior, which is not the expert for that area of business.

Axxess still has a lot to learn about what is important to it's employees and what it takes to achieve long-term sustainable success.

Advice to Management

Take a step back and listen. You will make money and survive, but you could be hindering yourselves from winning the lottery.

"ios engineer"

Pros

Friendly people, Games, Snacks, free lunch on mondays

Cons

sloppy immigration
    will make engineers work more, extra hours and on the weekends but will never reward them
    Low employee retention

Advice to Management

Should make employees happier

Jan 8, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your experience while working at Axxess. We value and consider all feedback that we receive.

From time to time we have regulatory... More

"Bad place to work, perhaps a good place for a "career"."

Former Employee - Web Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Web Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Axxess full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay's good.

The engineers who have been with Axxess for a while are solid folks.

Depending on the team you're in your manager will keep people off your back.

Flex hours/dress code etc. is super nice.

Cons

The open office layout is awful and engineers are frequently moved around for no reason.

Knowledge siloing is a huge problem, there are large sections of the code base which only one person can work on.

No one actually monitors the data, whether it's failure rates in production, story points per sprint, etc. Deadlines and specs come from the project management people who have no technical understanding of the product.

There is literally 0 time allocated for bugs, the first draft of all code is pushed to production and you clean up your mess when clients complain.

The CTO has no idea what frameworks his products are even using so you have to invent your own "engineering culture" per team. If you get lucky your team might even function!

Advice to Management

Hire engineers who are not fresh out of school. The teams, especially the main team which works on your biggest product, need strong leaders who actually care about your tech.

Start monitoring and responding to production defects before clients complain and you hotfix.

Review performance with your employees more often.

Tell new hires about the yearly winter "crunch time" so they don't get surprised when it rolls around.

Dedicate time to fixing bugs. No, really. Cross some stories off your sprint list and add debugging stories. The technical debt is already massive and there is nothing preventing it from growing out of control.

Jan 8, 2018 – Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your experience at Axxess. Your feedback is important to us and we take it very seriously. The Product Management and Quality Assurance teams... More

"BEWARE: The Best "Worst" Place to work"

I worked at Axxess full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Non leadership people make it worth it, the best people in the world.
    -Monday lunches are awesome

Cons

EVERYTHING...seriously. don't believe anybody who says "Axxess Rocks", "Teamwork Makes The Dream Work", "We hire the best, because we are the best".

The company's idea of what it should be is correct: to empower care everywhere and to make the best software for our nurses, so they could save lives. Sounds legit right?--yeah no.

They overwork their engineers, they have no respect for work life balance, they expect a one month job to be done in a span of three days, they cut corners, the list goes one.

Basic leadership skills are not even practiced here. Those scenarios that you read in your Leadership class textbook back in college: That's Axxess. Except axxess is what NOT to do.

Anybody in a management/leadership position, has ZERO real life experience. They just happened to part of the popular circle and eventually got promoted.

I fell for the trap. I read their website, looked them up on social media, but i ignored those bad glassdoor reviews. PLEASE DON'T IGNORE THEM. A month after I got hired, i regretted it.

Sure the company does give you responsibility, a sense of leadership, and great project experience. The stuff I did at Axxess gave me good talking points in job interviews. But thats it.

The insane deadlines, the high blood pressure, and lack of pay was not worth it. I only had 2 weeks of vacation, but thats it. You can't work from home, they doc your vacation if you are sick, or even when you show up 15 minutes late to work.

I'm a happier person now because I no longer work at this hell of a place called Axxess.

*ps to Axxess : don't even try replying to this review. I know you have a prewritten response to bad reviews on glassdoor, It won't solve anything, and its not even a unique response to each review. So cut it out.

Advice to Management

TAKE MANAGEMENT CLASSES (even if its just at a community college). You think you know how to manage, but you don't. Don't look at Netflix, Uber, Google, etc. You are NEVER going to be them. You are a healthcare technology company: start acting like one

Jan 9, 2018 – Human Resources

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts about your time at Axxess. We take your feedback seriously and consider all input from current as well former employees to create the best work experience... More

"Client Account Manager"

I have been working at Axxess full-time

Pros

Amazing GROWTH opportunities. The company's entrepreneurial mindset paves the way for so many individuals. They have the ability to push people out of their comfort zone and inspire them to reach their full potential.

Axxess has been a breathe of fresh air. I appreciate having the ability to learn as much as possible and truly be a sponge in the organization to grow and learn the business.

Axxess really ROCKS!!!

Cons

No cons as of now!

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to continue to stay involved and keep a pulse on their teams. Continue to empower the team leads and day-to-day managers. Management by Walking Around!!!

"Client service Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Axxess full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the people who are not in management

Cons

Company is privileging a certain race and if you are not it, you will be stuck at the same position for years without a pay increase

Oct 31, 2017 – Human Resources

Axxess views the principle of equal... More

"Facade. Bad place to work."

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Axxess full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lunch /Snacks..that's it in a nutshell

Cons

Glassdoor should investigate their HR planted reviews. Check dates and note a series of good reviews will follow ANY bad review. That's because they require all new employees to put in good reviews after any bad review is noted. They ALWAYS have new employees because there is a revolving door, if anyone questions the CEO...they are gone! He is willing to pay a has been football player to hang around the office so he can name drop, rather than put the money toward salaries and benefits. The HR to employee ratio is a joke. The CEO uses them to watch every move made and report any adversity to him...they are his cronies. Questionable HIPAA practices and possibly IRS scam. Can't believe they are not under investigation. Read the bad reviews for a very accurate account...ignore the good ones, they aren't true. This bad review will get a canned reply, followed by several good reviews....take note. I have nothing to lose...this is a true warning. Unless you are desperate and in between jobs...do not work here!

Advice to Management

CEO should step down. HR needs to be replaced with a real HR dept. This is some employees livelihood...not the CEO's "toy!"

Oct 31, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and review. At Axxess, we value and consider all feedback that we receive. We welcome and encourage comments, suggestions, shared concerns and ideas from all Axxessians... More

"Great company to work for with rapid growth"

I have been working at Axxess full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of things that Axxess does well. The key thing Axxess does well is focus on its people. Our CEO often says that it is his number one job to pay attention to our culture. I have not been on here in awhile but heard from a coworker that some bad reviews were out here. I read through some and I am both shocked and appalled. I dont know who has submitted some of these reviews or even how their experiences at Axxess went so badly.

Additional industry standard pros from Axxess:
    Benefits
    Paid time off (two weeks, full bank at your start date. Some of my teammates have taken longer time for weddings, travel to their native country, etc)
    401K
    Weekly company provided lunch
    End of the year holiday party (no expenses to employees)

Cons

Disconnect between what the company actually does and how those things are perceived by team members, depending on their level to access. Example: A number of these reviews speak to a lack of transparency or even not knowing about the company's financials. There is a meeting that happens on a regular bases with the leadership team in which the financials are shared. Frequently and regularly. If there are individuals voicing their concerns on glassdoor that work for the organization but have not done so internally, I think it makes it great business sense that they have not shared that information with those people.

Advice to Management

I think the leadership team should really dive into some of these reviews and really tackle some of the concerns that are valid concerns.