Aya Healthcare Reviews

Updated May 26, 2020

4.4
Aya Healthcare CEO Alan Braynin (no image)
Alan Braynin
Pros
  • "Unlimited PTO after 90 days of working there(in 17 reviews)

• "Aya promotes a great work-life balance & is the best place I have ever worked at(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "I can't imagine using any other company for travel nursing(in 14 reviews)

• "There are no cons that I can think of(in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company to Work for!"

I have been working at Aya Healthcare

Pros

There are so many pros that come along with working for Aya! The benefits, work from home option, the opportunity for collaboration, creativity, opportunity for growth and advancement and problem-solving are definitely at the top of my list! Employee engagement and satisfaction is extremely important to this company and to me, that’s a big deal! Aya really appreciates their employees and shows that appreciation consistently. We do great work, we work hard and have fun while doing it!

Cons

I can’t think of any cons at the moment.

Aya Healthcare2020-02-25

March 26, 2020Senior Manager, Corporate Communications

We truly appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to see how much you enjoy working at Aya!

"Its worth the hard work"

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Aya Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is hands down the most amazing company i have ever worked for. I have worked in numerous sales oriented fortune 500 companies where your head was on the chopping block if you did not meet your goals. At aya the expectations are set high with goal to achieve them but your job is never threatened. All the stress comes from personal pressure to make the most out of the opportunity to obtain the more than fair compensation. Aya values its employees unlike any other company i have ever even heard of. Aya is also the type of company that shows no interests in politics, hard work has proven to get the people promoted. After working here i honestly could not imagine working anywhere else, my expectations would be to high.

Cons

I would honestly have to dig deep to find any issues with this company and i guess the only thing i could say is the insurance could be better.

Aya Healthcare2020-05-14
  3. "Smoke and Mirrors"

2.0
    Current Employee - Operations in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Aya Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited PTO, free health insurance, parties

Cons

They lure you in with low salary promosing quick promotions. It is nearly impossible to get promoted unless you are in sales. They keep people at low salaries with promises they can’t live up to. They promote open communication with feedback but nothing is ever done. The parties and perks are cool but what would be nicer would be a higher salary.

Aya Healthcare2020-05-26
  4. "No place I would rather be"

Current Employee - Director, Account Operations in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Aya Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent community of people - we are like family

Cons

The hours can be long some days, but there is plenty of opportunity for down time.

Aya Healthcare2020-05-05

May 7, 2020Senior Manager, Corporate Communications

We appreciate your feedback and are so glad to hear how much you love working at Aya. Thank you for your review!

5. "A"

Current Employee - Credentialing Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Aya Healthcare full-time

Pros

Wonderful people to work with

Cons

Nothing so far, it’s great.

Aya Healthcare2020-04-20

May 7, 2020Senior Manager, Corporate Communications

We agree — we get to work with really wonderful people every single day! Thanks for your review!

6. "Be a part of something great!"

Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Aya Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing team, great pay, better benefits, and a chance to make a real difference

Cons

If you're not in San Diego you can become an island

Aya Healthcare2020-04-08

May 7, 2020Senior Manager, Corporate Communications

Thanks for your feedback! We love our amazing team and the work we do to help healthcare facilities across the country provide excellent care. With the launch of our new company intranet, we hope employees feel even more connected with each other, no matter their location. If you ever have suggestions for employee engagement, please feel free to email them to ayawannaknow@ayahealthcare.com! We appreciate your review.

7. "They are growing to quickly and are not keeping up with manpower or salary"

2.0
    Former Employee - Payroll Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Aya Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young atmosphere and easy to make friends. Their parties really are awesome.

Cons

They work you hard. Every week is a never ending battle to keep your head above water (and I am accustomed to working my butt off). It is difficult to appreciate the perks (i.e. never a good time to take time off, unless you want to be stressed and work overtime before and after). Burn out is very real here, which means turnover is high. We lost close to 25% of our team in one year. The salary definitely does NOT match the work load.

Aya Healthcare2020-04-14

April 16, 2020Senior Manager, Corporate Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We’re disappointed you didn’t enjoy your experience working at Aya. We know that, especially right now, things are extremely busy due to COVID-19 and the influx of travelers needed at facilities across the country. Our corporate recruiting team is working hard to hire as quickly as possible to keep up with the increase in the workload. Our compensation is competitive in the market, but employees are encouraged to contact Amber Zeeb, VP of Employee Experience if they’d like to discuss their individual pay. She’s always open to speaking with employees about their concerns regarding compensation. We did a quick double check of the turnover rate in payroll over the last year and confirmed it’s lower than 25%. We’re definitely growing rapidly and there are some growing pains, but we’re doing our best to listen to employees and adjust our internal structure and processes as needed.

8. "Great team environment!"

4.0
    Former Employee - Travel Nurse Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I worked at Aya Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really strong team environment and sense of camaraderie. Great work/life balance. Lots of opportunity for growth and autonomy. Always healthy options in the kitchen.

Cons

It could be a little cliquey at times if you weren't a part of one of the inner circles.

Aya Healthcare2020-02-21
  9. "Great travel agency"

4.0
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN

I have been working at Aya Healthcare full-time

Pros

Amazing team that supports its nurses

Cons

Benefits are covered by the individual

Aya Healthcare2020-02-06

February 10, 2020Senior Manager, Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you're enjoying your assignment and that your team has your back. That's what they're there for! Regarding your benefits package, that's up to you. You can choose to provide your own benefits or take the premium medical, dental, vision and life insurance options we provide.

"Not worth it"

1.0

I worked at Aya Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited PTO, great company culture overall, great coworkers, a good chunk of the people they hire here are awesome and amazing, the small perks like snacks are nice too

Cons

Underpaid, under appreciated, and overworked. I’m sure this varies across different departments, but our team lead in this one micromanages and overworks everyone. All my coworkers are trying our best to keep up, but instead of providing support, she makes us feel bad instead. I feel afraid to reach out to my team lead for help because she can be condescending. Her behavior has really affected everyone at work, but we are unable to say anything about it. Some of my coworkers have even cried because of the amount of work/pressure AND how our team lead treats us. I’d advise anyone who is applying to Aya to be careful to really consider if unlimited PTO is worth it. It does not pay well for the amount of work because Aya is growing rapidly and the amount of staff available cannot keep up - so that resorts to overworking until they can find more workers.

Aya Healthcare2020-02-27

February 28, 2020Senior Manager, Corporate Communications

Thank you for taking time to provide candid feedback, and we’re sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your experience working at Aya. We agree that there are a lot of talented and hardworking people here and our goal is to make the environment enjoyable for everyone. Our expectation is that team leads and managers are supportive and provide employees with the resources they need to succeed, so we apologize if that isn’t what you felt while working here. We do send surveys annually so employees can provide anonymous feedback about their manager and any concerns can be reviewed and addressed as needed. Our compensation is competitive in the market, but we encourage employees to contact Amber Zeeb, VP, Employee Experience if they’d like to discuss their pay in detail. She’s always open to speaking with employees about their concerns regarding compensation or the overall culture at Aya.

Found 160 reviews