KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.3
Aya Healthcare CEO Alan Braynin
Alan Braynin

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good pay and you get to travel(in 69 reviews)
  • "Good benefits with full time contract(in 44 reviews)
  • "Unlimited PTO and bonuses every quarter(in 29 reviews)
  • "Great communication and really seemed like they cared.(in 24 reviews)
  • "Great recruiter and friendly staff(in 21 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Aya Healthcare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love my company

May 20, 2022 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing recruiter, amazing opportunities. Travel nursing has changed my life

Cons

Sometimes staff nurses don’t like you but that’s okay

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

From the outside in, Aya looks like a great organization to be a part of

May 18, 2022 - Program Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Aya offers competitive pay and there is a lot of opportunity for growth.

Cons

From the outside in, Aya looks like a great organization to be a part of. However, once you become part of it, you see many flaws . To start off, there is a team for every function at Aya which can cause delays and unnecessary confusion. This has caused a lot of silos. In addition to that, the technology in place is not configured to support every team making a lot of the processes manual. Lastly, because of the amount of growth Aya has been recently faced with, there is minimal training to support employees. The growth has also impacted the support you receive from your leaders as they seem to be in over their heads with work. Leadership has the tendency to micromanage and displays extreme low trust in direct reports. If you like to have autonomy over your work, this place isn’t for you. You are treated like a number at Aya and nothing more. It isn’t a place where you can be your authentic self, share your ideas or your concerns. You have to watch your back as there is a lot of favoritism that happens. I wish I would have taken all the other reviews seriously before I accepted the offer.

3. 5.0

Great Company Culture, Good Benefits and Promotion Potential, Average Pay

Apr 4, 2022 - Accounts Receivable Coordinator in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic company culture that is very fun and tight knit even with working from home. Flexible daily work schedule to match your needs/timezone. Health insurance is great but 401K match only starts after a year of service and is average. There is a nice profit sharing program that bolsters their average pay 5-10%. Unlimited PTO/DTO: that has its inherent positives and negative but I have never had trouble taking time off. Just don't expect to take off more than what is industry standard.

Cons

Pay was significantly increased but it started so comparatively low that it became only roughly average for the industry. With heavy inflation and imminent increased costs of returning to the office, it will start to become non-competitive again.

6 people found this review helpful

Aya Healthcare Response

Thank you for your review. We’ll be sure to share your feedback with our leadership team.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Burnout, burnout, burnout

Apr 19, 2022 - Credentialing Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible PTO, great managers (no micro-managing), great team, friendly, collaborative, etc.

Cons

The nurses really make this job hard to enjoy. Although I enjoyed my time working with my colleagues and meeting my quotas, the nurses were brutal. Most of my nurses were extremely rude, would call me at all hours of the day (3AM, 4AM, 12AM back to back) To this day I remember this job as one of the most brutal ones I've ever had. It was not uncommon to come into the office from a weekend off to an inbox with 400+ emails, missed calls, voicemail's, texts, and a sea of new nurses assigned. During a busy season, working the weekends is encouraged and is compensated with a $200 bonus. This is fun for a while, until you make it a habit to work every weekend for 6+ months and work 100+ hour work weeks to still be behind. Coming into work made me feel sick. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone who wants to have balance or a separation of work and life. It's impossible.

4 people found this review helpful

Director, Corporate and Clinician Communications

We appreciate your feedback about your experience working at Aya. While the healthcare field runs 24/7, our team members aren't expected to respond to clinicians outside of their scheduled business hours. We've also been continuing to hire across the organization over the last year to support our rapidly growing business. Your feedback was shared with leadership for consideration. Thank you.

5. 5.0

Amazing Place to Work!!

Jan 28, 2022 - Account Coordinator in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at Aya. I was hired with a Temp Agency for a position at Aya and I am literally begging the universe for them to keep me on for good. Not only is my team amazing, but the work culture is super flexible. It is a lot of work but the pay and the entire company makes it worth it. The support is incredible and I’ve never worked for such a supportive company. Like I look forward to getting up to work every single day! It’s an environment I hope I get to experience long term and hopefully for several years if they decide to keep me on! Not sure how temp to hire works but I’m busting my butt to do my best. I have never been this passionate about a company. It’s amazing!

Cons

They don’t really acknowledge their temp workers the way I wish they would. For example, during the meetings they didn’t have us in the “New Hires” list and our birthdays aren’t listed on Pulse. Sometimes it does feel like us temp workers aren’t appreciated other than by our team because they don’t acknowledge us.

Aya Healthcare Response

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback with us. It’s great to hear how much you enjoy working with Aya! We truly value all team members and their incredible work, including those in temporary positions helping us provide amazing service to our clinicians and clients. Because your agency is your official employer, your personal information isn’t in our internal payroll system, which is what we use to pull birthdays for The Pulse. But any temporary employees who join as permanent Aya team members are included in our new hire list the week they attend orientation — and are also added in our payroll system for future birthday and anniversary recognition! We’re always open to discussing what future opportunities we may have for you and encourage you to speak with your manager about your interest. Thank you!

6. 4.0

Place to work

May 24, 2022 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and number of contracts

Cons

Hard to get into hospitals

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for with great communication and transparency regarding job role.

May 10, 2022 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Efficient communication regarding job role and function. Able to be reached quickly if needed.

Cons

No cons for this agency!

Aya Healthcare Response

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your review!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

This company is a good company to work for.

Apr 12, 2022 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in Lake Placid, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pros is that the recruiter I have which is Howie Yu was very helpful in finding me a job. He also calls me once a week just to check abs see how things are going. Not only just that l, but I love working with this Company. I would recommend it to anyone who is searching for a traveling job.

Cons

The only con I have is where I’m located it’s cold, but that’s just because I’m Not use to the cold weather where I’m from

Aya Healthcare Response

Thank you for sharing your experience about working with Aya — we appreciate your review!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

May 7, 2022 - Travel Nurse in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have received excellent support from Aya with my experience as a travel nurse so far.

Cons

I wish there were options to keep benefits in between contracts.

Aya Healthcare Response

Thank you for sharing your experience about working with Aya! Check with your recruiter for details, but typically as long as you sign for your next assignment by the last day of your current assignment, you can keep medical benefits for up to 3 weeks between assignments.

10. 4.0

Good pay, good flexibility

May 6, 2022 - Relationship Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work and the job is pretty easy. Lots of little perks like unlimited time off paid health insurance

Cons

Feel isolated and there are so many teams to handle tiny little processes. Very bureaucratic and it seems they don’t know how to handle the growth from Covid and are constantly changing things.

Aya Healthcare Response

Thank you for your feedback. We’d like to learn more about your experience. If you’re willing to share more details, please email ayawannaknow@ayahealthcare.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 498 Reviews

Aya Healthcare Reviews FAQs

Aya Healthcare has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 866 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Aya Healthcare to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Aya Healthcare employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Aya Healthcare. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

84% of Aya Healthcare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Aya Healthcare 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Aya Healthcare to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Aya Healthcare Job Seekers