Ayasdi Data Scientist Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 2 reviews

2.9
Ayasdi CEO Ishan Manaktala
Ishan Manaktala

"Best company to work for!!"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time for less than a year

Pros

First and foremost, it's a company of amazing talent and a fun place to work for. Most of the amazing stuff happens over discussions, meetings and lunch sessions. Every day to work here is an opportunity to learn and progress in your career. Cutting edge technolog. Very rare or none has done any work on TDA this extensively.

Cons

None I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep rocking!

Ayasdi2015-03-13

"The downward slide continues, the fake reviews are obvious"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people at the ground level are good people and just want to do the right thing. They are what makes you wake up and do the day-in, day-out work here.

Cons

Nothing has changed with the recent additions to the management team, there is still no new direction or semblance of a plan. Transparency is at an all time low. There are mixed messages on the state of our business, and no one quite knows if we are acquiring new customers or if the ones we have are renewing. There hasn't been any announcement of production customers or renewals, that is a fact. What is very... transparent is the general lack of agenda for the employees, their development and their importance to the function they provide. Management continues to fire people who raise any concern or question the product or sales strategy. We have lost most of sales, data science and business development. We continue to get "pep talks" from the CEO in team and select 1:1 fashion, but his "pep talks" are basically threats to toe the line. We now know that speaking the truth just leads to your dismissal vs. change. It is a sad state of affairs for those of us who have been here for some time.

Advice to Management

The problem is at the top and extends to every member of the management team. We need a reboot or to sell. We do believe in Gunnar's ideas, we just don't believe in the execution of the CEO or his team.

Ayasdi2015-09-23

Ayasdi Response

September 26, 2015

Thanks for the message. Thanks also for recognizing the extraordinary talent we’ve assembled; We’re proud to work with some of the best & brightest Data Scientists, Engineers, Sales, Marketing & Product people in the advanced analytics space. If you are a current employee, we really encourage you to attend our weekly all hands meeting or any other department-level forum a little more regularly. Just this week we “Rang the Gong” (that’s what we do when we close deals), and have been doing it quite a bit recently. Alternatively, if you are concerned about new customers or renewals, please log into Salesforce.com and run the “Booked QTD” report to see the list of deals booked this quarter; there are quite a few. Please also provide us some feedback on transparency using an internal forum (there are confidential ones available). As a company, we’re open to new approaches that go beyond what we already do, like showing every board deck, publishing minutes of every estaff meeting, presenting regular roadmap updates, offering monthly go to market updates with feedback sessions, weekly coordination meetings between sales, data science & product, vertical market planning meetings, etc. At the very least, you can anonymously post a concern or ask a question using our weekly AMA forum (as you know, we’ve answered every question ever posted, no matter how awkward the answer was). It’s unfortunate that you feel that we don’t invest in the employees or develop them. As a Data Scientist, you should know that every member of the Data Science team that’s been onboard more than 6 months has seen some form of a promotion, speaking engagements, responsibility expansion, management training, or other high-profile advancements. We are committed to helping our already awesome team become that much more accomplished.

Found 2 reviews