Ayasdi Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gurjeet Singh

"Vertical Traction on the Rise"

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having been with Ayasdi for nearly 2 years, I've experienced the transition from working within 5+ industries into a more narrowed and strategic focus into 2 very data-driven verticals: Healthcare and Financial Services. Although we had seen some success (and challenges) in both before the transition, the traction has been on the rise over the last year as we have brought in talented individuals across our sales, data science, product, and marketing teams. These newer domain experts have brought in the industry knowledge required to help us navigate complexity, demonstrate value, and drive exciting solutions that all of the largest institutions in those verticals are facing today (and will be facing over the next few years). This fact, coupled with the growing awareness and interest in machine learning solutions across organizational operations, has been key to our recent growth.

It is a very exciting time to see things going the way they are (interesting deals in the pipeline), and I expect them to continue.

Cons

The complexities of figuring out how to build customized solutions has proven to be a challenge, but that's part of the learning curve of being a startup working with some of the largest companies in the world, including global tier-1 banks. We don't often look back at what we've achieved in company all-hands meetings, and sometimes the feeling of accomplishment that should be realized isn't.... maybe it's because the company is in a constant state of learning and development. Both passion and patience are required to weather some of those ups and downs, but this is certainly a cutting-edge machine intelligence company.

Advice to Management

The more domain-specific expertise across teams, short- and long-term strategic thinking within operations, and how we can continuously bring the voice of our customers internal will be how we can continue to capitalize on success seen thus far and drive additional growth in near term.

Continue to drive an even closer-knit team internally and take the results observed in our recent company-wide feedback survey to heart. We all want to be successful, and we're all here because we see the opportunity for what could be achieved. Let's grow that feeling of togetherness.

"Appreciative for..."

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time

Pros

being able to work for a company that is making a difference in people's lives; working with such a supportive, hard working, fun team; working for such a great manager who "gets me"; flexibility with my work schedule; and great benefits (including free lunch every day!).

Cons

We have so much work to do sometimes that we can't get to everything fast enough, but I love the challenge!

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing your main resource, the employees! Be open and honest around communication.

"Growing Strong"

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome team, customers renewing & we're seeing hiring really pick up. The team has grown a bit in the last few months & the new hires are really amazing. It's really feeling like we're putting together the sort of high performance team you read about.

Cons

It would be awesome if the office were in downtown Palo Alto.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring rockstars!

"This Place Rocks!!"

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyday we get a chance to help build a company that will change the course of history. From cancer to diabetes or Transactional Fraud to Market Segmentation. Ayasdi will drive your career to new heights!

Cons

Hey we are a startup, it's not supposed to be easy...

Advice to Management

More choices on food

"Will cure cancer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has an amazing vision and technology that is helping many organizations get insights that they have never seen before. Machine intelligence is really promising and exciting.

Cons

I'm worried about gaining weight because we have really good catering at headquarters every day.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring amazing people - we have a ton of potential!

"Still love working here..."

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time

Pros

Love the people and love my team. I feel like I am making a difference at Ayasdi and not just a cog in the wheel. My Manager and upper management values my opinions and always takes them into consideration before making any decision. They give me the autonomy and trust to make my own decisions as well. I've learned and developed so much professionally since I've been here.

Cons

As with any start up environment, sometimes there can be a lack of resources and process. The good thing though is that we are aware of this and working on them. If you are someone that loves to create and implement processes, then this is the place for you!

Advice to Management

Stay focused and stay the course. Continue to recognize the employees and all their hard work.

"Smart People and Great Technology"

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here are remarkably talented which is a great environment to be apart of....I feel like I can learn from them and get better at what I do. The capability of the technology is impressive and I have yet to be apart of a company in my career that has something like it.

Cons

In start ups there are challenges...we need to continue to refine and streamline processes.

Advice to Management

Keep on communicating!

"SDR"

Former Employee - SDR in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - SDR in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Ayasdi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fascinating and groundbreaking technology. Able to work with some of the best companies in the Enterprise space. Overall the technology has some great applicability.

Cons

No opportunity for career development in sales unless you have 15+ experience coming in. At most you have 1 year and then you should start looking.

Advice to Management

Communicate more effectively with the ranks. Do not sacrifice the people of the technology which often the company appeared to do.

"Failed Startup - Like Theranos and Ubeam - But Worse CEO. Offensive Hyperbolic Claims to Cure Cancer"

I worked at Ayasdi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management excels at writing fake Glassdoor reviews. CEO regularly fires a different VP to deflect blame from himself. Lots of desk space due to the declining employee population and plenty of parking.

Cons

If you're thinking of risking your career at Ayasdi then do your due diligence.by asking for the following information from Ayasdi management. And get it all in writing; so your attorney can use it if they lie and you join.

- Who are Ayasdi's current live customers? Ask for them by name and don't fall for academic researchers or proof-of-concepts. Ask to speak to at least one actual customer who uses the software in production and don't let them give you an Ayasdi employee speaking about a proof-of-concept on behalf of a customer.
    - What new customers purchased licenses in fiscal 2016? (February 2015 to January 2016) Again, proof-of-concepts don't count.
    - Which customers renewed licenses in fiscal 2016?
    - What were Ayasdi's total new license bookings in fiscal 2016?
    - How many finance and administration personnel does Ayasdi have? What % is that of the whole company? Given Ayasdi's 2016 bookings and total number of employees, what do those finance and administration personnel do in their 40-hour week?
    - How much cash is in the bank?
    - What is Ayasdi's burn rate?
    - What is the average tenure of Ayasdi's current employees?
    - Provide two examples where Ayasdi's CEO made competent business decisions. Ask to speak with a rank-and-file employee to have this verified.
    - How was the CEO's new house funded?

Additionally, look at your LinkedIn network to find some former Ayasdi employees to hear about their experiences. There are some great individuals who joined Ayasdi as true believers and quit based on their actual experience. Unfortunately, Ayasdi's software does not cure cancer. Track down Ayasdi's original data scientist team, who were highly experienced in pharma drug discovery and development, and they'll tell you the truth.

Advice to Management

Admit to the board that it's time for an experienced CEO to restart the company while there's still investor cash left. Or else update your resume since you will ultimately be fired by Gurjeet. And stop writing that Ayasdi's software will cure cancer. Over 500,000 people in the US are projected to die from cancer in 2016 and you're offending them, their families, and their friends. If you have a solution to cancer, then get it peer reviewed in the journals, tested in clinical trials, and approved by the FDA. A demo of analyzing an old breast cancer data set does not equal solving cancer.

"Former employee"

I worked at Ayasdi full-time

Pros

I experienced the opportunity to work with a lot of smart and talented people. Lunch was provided everyday and the benefits were great.

Cons

Didn't experience much room for growth. A lot of fluctuation but that can be expected at startups. Wasn't compensated for commuting costs which really twisted the knife a little.

Advice to Management

It's important to maintain transparency in companies and I wish I would have known more about what was happening behind the scenes instead of experiencing so many surprises